Where To Find Info On Low Price <500k Baht Condo Projects

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked already recently - I did a search here and it didnt really throw up that many hits.

Does anyone know where I can find info on low price condo/appartment projects, which are already completed and up to 10 years old ?

I have seen some of the Thai banks reposession listing.

Also I have come across some classified ads that have condos like this listed.

Jsut havent seen any good resources for this sort of thing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

For condos of less than half a million baht - mmmhh I'd be surprised about that - my guess is that that amount would be the commission they would expect at least !

KB

Try checking with a larger broker: CBRE, or Property Plus.

Try the Thai websites like www.homedd.com

and www.home.pantipmarket.com

Even though, not a lot at <500k

Be careful when you check prices because often a low price is in fact the downpayment only for an unfinished unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this - would it be possible if you could post a picture of the cover or write the name actually in Thai on here ?

Just googled for this and didnt really come up with anything

Thanks in advance

There is a bi-weekly (I think) magasine called "land & home" or something that lists loads of properties in this price range. Just go to a "local" Thai newsagent stall and they will have it.

Anyone know about "land & home" ?

Thanks for this - would it be possible if you could post a picture of the cover or write the name actually in Thai on here ?

Just googled for this and didnt really come up with anything

Thanks in advance

QUOTE (ashacat @ 2007-10-05 12:09:53) post_snapback.gifThere is a bi-weekly (I think) magasine called "land & home" or something that lists loads of properties in this price range. Just go to a "local" Thai newsagent stall and they will have it.

My advise would be to find an older building that suits you and ask people there and look for signs or put up a sign. There are lots of cheap condos in bangkok starting at 250,000 for 28 sq. meter studio.

Also, if you know the area just contact the big banks real estate departments. They are loaded to gills with condos under 1 million baht.

If you look around you can find a very livable condo for 1/3 of the price of a new one. It usually requires you to go a little ways away from the BTS but sometimes not too far at all. And you will be living without amenities and with Thai people.

Thanks for the reply !

I've stumbled across use the deposit as the price trick already - good for the seller to put as the price on the websites - frustrating for the buyer when they find out, but that doesnt take long and it soon becomes obvious when it is and a there is the occaisional pleasant surprise when it is not !

I'd like to be within easy travelling distance of the main railway line - such as bang khen, laksi. I've been around bangkapi also and thats also a place i'd be happy with. Not seen much of LadPrao, but have been through it and it would be more convenient to get to central bkk, and is not too far from the railway line into hualampong.

Go to Pantip Market

Search for the cheaper areas like Bangkapi and Ladprao and you will find condos come up around that price.

Have to check carefully as for some it is the down payment they are quoting.

Thanks for the reply

Putting up signs/posters is very good idea - thanks very much - just need it to look like it is a thai asking for it - and i know that thais do do this

Have you bought a lower price condo from a bank ? If you have, just wonder if you could comment on the experience ?

Without amenities and with Thais is fine.

To be honest I'm not that particular about the area. There are some areas I know better than others and it would be good to be able to see places that suit my criteria, but in areas that I do not know so well. Footwork seems to be the best way as it is probably the most reliable.

My advise would be to find an older building that suits you and ask people there and look for signs or put up a sign. There are lots of cheap condos in bangkok starting at 250,000 for 28 sq. meter studio.

Also, if you know the area just contact the big banks real estate departments. They are loaded to gills with condos under 1 million baht.

If you look around you can find a very livable condo for 1/3 of the price of a new one. It usually requires you to go a little ways away from the BTS but sometimes not too far at all. And you will be living without amenities and with Thai people.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of Thai publications that has details on completed condo projects where units are typically below 500K baht ?

Does anyone have any information on the publication "Land & Home" mentioned in this thread ?

Any other ideas, in addition to what has already been mentioned ?

Bump

Does anyone know of Thai publications that has details on completed condo projects where units are typically below 500K baht ?
Does anyone have any information on the publication "Land & Home" mentioned in this thread ?

Any other ideas, in addition to what has already been mentioned ?

Check http://bangkok.craigslist.org/ for possible listings. You can also run an ad asking people to contact you from craigslist. That's probably your best bet. Watch out for shysters at that price range!

Also check this thread with thaivisa.com which lists real estate websites: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34228 . Although they were intended for rentals, I'm sure most have places for sale as well.

In that price range, you would probably find a lot of listings at the Don Muang area, close to the old airport. Its possible but not likely that you might find some projects in the On Nut-Bangna area. I know there used to be studios in that price range a few years ago but don't know about right now. You probably should keep open to townhouses as well, although you have to do the appropriate paperwork to own one. (Might cost a bit more but probably 5 times the space). Best to find a broker in those areas and have them hunt down stuff for you! Less work...

Good hunting! :o

Edited by mauiguy90

Check http://bangkok.craigslist.org/ for possible listings. You can also run an ad asking people to contact you from craigslist. That's probably your best bet. Watch out for shysters at that price range!

Also check this thread with thaivisa.com which lists real estate websites: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34228 . Although they were intended for rentals, I'm sure most have places for sale as well.

In that price range, you would probably find a lot of listings at the Don Muang area, close to the old airport. Its possible but not likely that you might find some projects in the On Nut-Bangna area. I know there used to be studios in that price range a few years ago but don't know about right now. You probably should keep open to townhouses as well, although you have to do the appropriate paperwork to own one. (Might cost a bit more but probably 5 times the space). Best to find a broker in those areas and have them hunt down stuff for you! Less work...

Checked on craigslist and found the following website:

http://www.bahtsold.com/index.php?region=3...=11&price=4

One listing for a condo on Suk 103 top floor studio 30 sq.m. at 499K. Don't know how old condo is but u can check it out!

Thanks for the reply - it was very useful !

Arounf The Don Muang area would be fine - I have lived near Laksi for over 1 year and like that area.

Now the prspect of getting a townhouse for less then 500K is very interesting - provided i can get a usufruct on it - as I know other people who rent town houses and then rent out the rooms in the town house. Thanks for this as I was only thinking of condos !

Neverthless, as has already has been entioned there are some thai pulications that advertise condos and new developments and I would really like to know what these are.

Cheers

Checked on craigslist and found the following website:

http://www.bahtsold.com/index.php?region=3...=11&price=4

One listing for a condo on Suk 103 top floor studio 30 sq.m. at 499K. Don't know how old condo is but u can check it out!

• 3 weeks later...