Non Imm 0 To Retirement In Jomtien

We have looked at most locations in Thailand since arriving on 24 August and have decided to live in Jomtien. As evey place we have visited have there ''own immigration interpretations'' of the rules can I to ask the following.

Am I correct in assuming my consulate letter confirming montly income greater than Bht65000 is not enough for the Jomtien office? I went there today and they said they wanted copies of bank book and letter from my bank. When I pointed out the form he had given me had 'or' on it he just crossed 'or' out.

I asked about the medical certificate form and he said I would have to get it from the hospital; As I was leaving I noticed on the TM7 form the medical requirement had been crossed out so back I go and the same person said 'correct you dont need a medical.

Any one using the Jomtien office I would be grateful for advice on what this office wants and any advice you can give me.

We arrived LOS 24 Aug do I have to wait 60 days before I apply to extend my non o visa to a retirement visa?

Regards

P :o

PS I was going to post this on the Pattaya forum but assumed the moderators would move it here.

[some text removed]

Am I correct in assuming my consulate letter confirming montly income greater than Bht65000 is not enough for the Jomtien office? I went there today and they said they wanted copies of bank book and letter from my bank. When I pointed out the form he had given me had 'or' on it he just crossed 'or' out.

[some text removed]

The immigration officer is empowered to ask for any additional information or document that he feels is necessary to ascertain whether or not you qualify for the visa. That's the way it works.

That's what they did to me. I have a pension in excess of 65K per month and a letter from my embassy. And yet they still wanted to see a bankbook and a letter from the Thai bank. So I went and got the letter at a cost of 200 baht. At the time, I had about 40K baht in the Thai bank. Anyway, once I had the letter, there was no problem.

J

From what I've read and experienced a bank book and bank letter are mandatory at Pattaya Immigration. Medical clearance is no longer required.

Really all you need bring to Immigration is your passport, letter from your embassy, bank letter, bank book and money. If you have photos you can bring them, otherwise have photos taken at the shop adjacent to Immigration. They can also make copies of your application, bank book, passport etc. They usually know how many of what to copy. Sign all the copies. Also write your phone number on the top of the back of the application.

You might consider going in the afternoon rather than morning as there seem to be fewer applicants then, though you'll have to return the next day to pick up my passport. Took me about 45 minutes last month.

-redwood

From what I've read and experienced a bank book and bank letter are mandatory at Pattaya Immigration. Medical clearance is no longer required.

Really all you need bring to Immigration is your passport, letter from your embassy, bank letter, bank book and money. If you have photos you can bring them, otherwise have photos taken at the shop adjacent to Immigration. They can also make copies of your application, bank book, passport etc. They usually know how many of what to copy. Sign all the copies. Also write your phone number on the top of the back of the application.

You might consider going in the afternoon rather than morning as there seem to be fewer applicants then, though you'll have to return the next day to pick up my passport. Took me about 45 minutes last month.

-redwood

Thank you for the replies

P :o