Motorcycle And Buy Driving Licence

farang7

Hi,

I think some people will be astonished by my post, i hope they won't blame me...

I failed to the test to get the driving licence because i don't speak english very well, ok i will learn more to improve but i need absolutely very soon to get a driving licence. I heard that some people buy it. Do do u have any recent experience to report? Which city i can do it, places ? How much?

Sorry to ask that but this is the last solution to my problem

Thanks a lot for your help :o

Compare the driving licences on sale with real ones and you will see they are not the same - at least the ones I have seen.

Why not take the test again and have someone with you who can maybe translate for you? The Thai driving test is so simple, surely it cannot take many attempts to pass??

Compare the driving licences on sale with real ones and you will see they are not the same - at least the ones I have seen.

Why not take the test again and have someone with you who can maybe translate for you? The Thai driving test is so simple, surely it cannot take many attempts to pass??

If he cant pass a thai test gawd help us ! :o

Hi,

I think some people will be astonished by my post, i hope they won't blame me...

I failed to the test to get the driving licence because i don't speak english very well, ok i will learn more to improve but i need absolutely very soon to get a driving licence. I heard that some people buy it. Do do u have any recent experience to report? Which city i can do it, places ? How much?

You are guess inThailand and I suggest you go back where you come from. You have no morals and you are going to get arresteed for you crazy ideas.

Are you a troll?

Hi,

You are guess inThailand and I suggest you go back where you come from. You have no morals and you are going to get arresteed for you crazy ideas.

Are you a troll?

Sounds like the qualifications he will need to stay ! .I think he will fit in rather nicely :D Edited by mikethevigoman

Paying extra for a quick "drivers liscense" is normal at many testing centres, however if you "failed" the test on your own driving merits, I suggest you go back to driver school or you may end as a casualty on Thai roads very quickly.

If you are talking about buying a "fake" DL from Kao Sarn Road, that is illegal & should not be brought up on this forum. You will also be in a world of trouble if a police officer catches you with a "fake" document.

Soundman.

There is both theory and practical motorcycle driving license test in Thailand. The theory is a standard test, you read the highway code (yes they have english) then answer about 20 questions or so. Pass mark is low so you have to be retarded to fail this section. As for teh practical, it is easy, the ONLY tricky part is hand signals while in low gears doing a snails pace.

Therefore, anybody with just a modicum of experience of motorbikes is capable of passing the test.

Also, you claim you don't communicate well in English. Bearing this in mind, how the on Earth were you able to write the above post?

Forum rules prevent me from writing exactly what I wish to say to you OP, so in place see if you can exercise your "poor" English skills and read the follwing:

T....R....O...L.....L.

Hi,

Are you a troll?

Sounds like the qualifications he will need to stay ! .I think he will fit in rather nicely :D

You're so right !!!

What test?....the only tests I took were for color blindness and depth perception....if you can't pass these tests then you probably shouldn't be driving I guess.

If you don't have a valid photocard licence from your home country you must sit both a written and practical driving test, the same as all the Thais have to do after they pass the colour blindness, depth perception and reaction tests. There's also a two hour video that you have to sit through. The whole process takes one and a half days.

If you have a valid photocard licence then you only have to take the colour blindness, depth perception and reaction tests.

In my experience the days of just turning up and paying for a licence are over, certainly in Bangkok anyway!

Even with a tourist visa?

Or you need a real visa ;-) to pass the test or make a Thai license with your home country license ?

Paying extra for a quick "drivers liscense" is normal at many testing centres, however if you "failed" the test on your own driving merits, I suggest you go back to driver school or you may end as a casualty on Thai roads very quickly.

If you are talking about buying a "fake" DL from Kao Sarn Road, that is illegal & should not be brought up on this forum. You will also be in a world of trouble if a police officer catches you with a "fake" document.

Soundman.

Aha !! I think Soundman has seen the same fake licences I have :o

Seriously, any person who cannot drive round a Thai driving course and pass the Thai tests needs to think about their inadequate driving skills.

For me to get a license I took a colour blind test. Although I was told they appreciate how difficult it is to pass the English driving exam so no need to take a Thai one !!

What nationality are you? Can you drive in your own country? If so take along your own licence & see how far that takes you.

My wife took a 7 day course which included the test fee. She passed with ease, which was worrying really as she had no idea what the hazard lights are or indeed no experience driving in the dark. :o

For me to get a license I took a colour blind test. Although I was told they appreciate how difficult it is to pass the English driving exam so no need to take a Thai one !!

What nationality are you? Can you drive in your own country? If so take along your own licence & see how far that takes you.

My wife took a 7 day course which included the test fee. She passed with ease, which was worrying really as she had no idea what the hazard lights are or indeed no experience driving in the dark. :o

After 5 tests ( failed ) and 4k on fees we gave up on trying to get my wife through the uk test and returned to thailand before bankrupcy was forthcoming ! :D .. its very difficult in the uk now, she failed on 2 questions on the last test,. 1/ what was the last road sign you passed, she replied " pick your own strawberries ? " !. the other one was " where is the dipstick " to which she replied " hes at home with our daughter " ,.. Edited by mikethevigoman

After 5 tests ( failed ) and 4k on fees we gave up on trying to get my wife through the uk test and returned to thailand before bankrupcy was forthcoming ! .. its very difficult in the uk now, she failed on 2 questions on the last test,. 1/ what was the last road sign you passed, she replied " pick your own strawberries ? " !. the other one was " where is the dipstick " to which she replied " hes at home with our daughter " ,..
:o:D :D :D

:D

Took a friend who has just arrived from Canada to the Pattaya Driving Licence Centre on Thursday, arrived there at around 2:30pm and it was empty! I thought it was closed for a holiday, but no just no customers. He produced his IDP and copies, passport with O visa and copies, medical certificate and letter of residence from Pattaya Immigration. He took the standard three tests(depth perception, colour and reaction) (he nearly blew the colour test as the "red" is actually a shade of pink so he said pink! but he cottoned on and corrected it to red!") All in all in and out in less than 20 mins complete with his new Thai Driving Licence this must be a record!

My wife took a 7 day course which included the test fee. She passed with ease, which was worrying really as she had no idea what the hazard lights are or indeed no experience driving in the dark. :D

After 5 tests ( failed ) and 4k on fees we gave up on trying to get my wife through the uk test and returned to thailand before bankrupcy was forthcoming ! :D .. its very difficult in the uk now, she failed on 2 questions on the last test,. 1/ what was the last road sign you passed, she replied " pick your own strawberries ? " !. the other one was " where is the dipstick " to which she replied " hes at home with our daughter " ,..

Brilliant :o

How do you get proof of residency?

How does immigration or the embassy know that is where you live?

I get a letter from the immigration office (with photo) where I extend my visa based on marriage to a Thai. They check out my residency when I apply for the extension.

I haven't been through this process yet, but how do they know where you live?

The house in the wife's name, all bills in her name etc etc. Is if just an affidavit you sign saying that is where you call your residence?

I only ask because I am going to get O visa in the next month and I no longer have a valid drivers license from my home country, so i will be wanting to get a Thai license.