New Mabprachan Bar

suiging

Any ideas on the new Murphy's By The Lake Bar/Pub (? ). Never went to the old one in Town. Will it be good ?

Can you give us some directions to this place? Cheers

It's not open yet!!

Sorry, I should add that the place is still a building site - probably still some weeks from opening.

If you're approaching from the Pong side, it will be the first place you hit when you reach the Lake (or the last place if coming from the other direction). I'm sure it will be well signed - in fact it already is, so you should have no problems finding it - when it opens.

Edited by Mobi

The owner definitely is a very nice and friendly guy, so I see no reason for it not going to do well!

It's seems to be getting quite popular setting up shop around the lake currently.

I have lost count of the number of bars restaurants and other 'eating and drinking' places that are opening up around the lake.

The stretch from Khun Johns heading towards NongPrue is becoming one long strip of niteries.

I once termed the the phrase "Driving Street" to describe the area around the lake, but at the rate is is growing it will soon become 'Mabprachan Walking street'.

The big difference though is Mabprachan is almost exclusively for residents, whereas The real Walking Street is full of tourists.

I'll come clean and say I have a couple of places in the area. My pals from HK when they come for golf to a man after they have sampled the " delights" of town once, rarely ask to go in again. I'm all for the development of the area as a family destination ( Horseshoe point, golf fishing etc etc ), but the restaurants and bars that are coming are a welcome addition to as, well the boys after a hard day on the course ( usually swinging and missing at a little white ball) have to relax, while the kiddywinks are in bed.

I hope the lake continues to develop with it's own character, distinctly different from town, as this will be good for the area as a whole.

By the way, the name of the place is Mulligans.

The owner has another place in Soi Pattayaland 1, right opposite Lewinsky's...

Had a place in Soi Pattaya.

The owner, Ray, said he sold it a few months ago with the proviso in the contract that the name be changed to not include Mulligans. The new owner changed the name and business went down so he changed it again to something like Mulliagsns. It got messy then and that is the last I heard of it.

The new place will have a bar upstairs, restaurant downstais and a beer garden with bandstand. The bar is near completion and will look good, have not been in the downstairs yet, the beer garden does resemble a building site.

It currently looks like the falang oriented minimart next door will open first. We will see what dramas befall that project. :o