Briton Says Thai Woman Dumps Him After Getting His Bt17 Million

Jai Dee

The golden rule for me here is once again NEVER EVER MARRY A THAI under any circumstances.

Philippinas make better wives. :o

You are doing it again, generalising,.this is a difficult battle to win here though as the likes of me with a good ( non bg ) thai wife will defend them ,but then the guys that have maried bgs will do the same. ( although blinkered at times ),the bottom line is not nationality but selection,some people couldnt pick a cake in a bakery,.and at the chance of being flamed ill say it again, if you marry a bg your chances of being milked to death are very likely,.

Mike, it is a hopeless battle. The twits that either marry bgs or hang around them will never learn and will extrapolate from their experience the lesson that all Thai women marrying farangs are bad. Their minds are impervious to reason and you can cite positive examples until you are blue in the face to no avail. Here is an analogy that I think fits this scenario about 100%: Some guy goes to the sleaziest part of L.A., Chicago, etc. that he can find, marries a crack whore or stripper, and then after she has taken him for all he is worth he whines that you should, 'NEVER EVER MARRY AN AMERICAN under any circumstances.'

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The golden rule for me here is once again NEVER EVER MARRY A THAI under any circumstances.

I married an educated non bar girl Thai. We've been happily married for several years. She does everything in her power to save me money. She encourages me to the point of insisting that I take good care of my health by complaining when I eat junk food, high fat foods, too much sugar, don't excercise, etc. She has never taken money from me though she now has access to all my accounts. If a family member asks for a loan which is rare, she and I discuss it. Sometimes we refuse. In the event we do make the loan she has always made certain it gets repaid. She has protected me from unscrupulous Thais and advised me to avoid doing business with them. My first Thai GF was the exact opposite though she too was educated and not a bar girl. I was more careful the second time and as a result have a wonderful wife. It's not the nationality but the person. Even in cultures where separating foreigners from their money is admired, it is possiblke to find decent people. As a rule, bar girls don't make the best wives in any country. I feel sorry for the poor fellow who lost his money. Hope he gets it back but with the laws here it is doubtful.

You are doing it again, generalising,.this is a difficult battle to win here though as the likes of me with a good ( non bg ) thai wife will defend them ,but then the guys that have maried bgs will do the same. ( although blinkered at times ),the bottom line is not nationality but selection,some people couldnt pick a cake in a bakery,.and at the chance of being flamed ill say it again, if you marry a bg your chances of being milked to death are very likely,.

Mike, it is a hopeless battle. The twits that either marry bgs or hang around them will never learn and will extrapolate from their experience the lesson that all Thai women marrying farangs are bad. Their minds are impervious to reason and you can cite positive examples until you are blue in the face to no avail. Here is an analogy that I think fits this scenario about 100%: Some guy goes to the sleaziest part of L.A., Chicago, etc. that he can find, marries a crack whore or stripper, and then after she has taken him for all he is worth he whines that you should, 'NEVER EVER MARRY AN AMERICAN under any circumstances.'

Two Arabic proverbs jump to mind for some reason loosely translated they are ....The desire to have a SH*T is stronger than the desire to make love you can control one but not the other .......or , this will get me into hot water not my sentiment just a quote of a saying " All women are whores and have a price ....except my mother " repeat not my sentiment at all.

PS I am married to a beautiful caring human being who I wish I had found many years ago ...just the nicest person I know genuinely my other half she make me what and who I am ...and she just happens to be Thai ...I did not fall in love with a Thai I fell in love with a person who was born in Thailand .

Edited by rcalsop

Briton says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17 million

A 63-year-old Briton called for help from the authorities to force a Thai woman to return his money nearly Bt17 million after she chased him out of her house.

Stephen Jones said he had met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he became broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

Kalasin chief public prosecutor said the woman could not yet be charged with cheating because the two had got married.

He said the Kalasin public prosecutor office would investigate to see if the assets had been bought with Jones' money or not and would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.

Source: The Nation - 05 October 2007

And i bet hes a bloke who wouldnt lend his best mate a fiver ! ,but they hand it all over to some issan farmers daughter, .deserve all they get,. i wonder if he made the classic quote when his mates warned him " no,this ones different "

hey, i'm married to an isaan farmers daughter. what's wrong with a good ole' country gal?

Who said she was a farmer's daughter?

What's that got to do with it?

What was her occupation I wonder.

Yes, this exactly the reason the ladies on TV get po'd,.too much gereralisation,.just take a look around pattaya and see the type of men that these women have to put up with,.Would there possibly be any other reson than money to go with one ? ,.ive mentioned this before, i have a friend ( now distant ) he is 62 been to thailand 20 odd times, off the plane,straight to pattaya and knows it all about "thai women " !.growing old is unavoidable,. growing up, unlikely !.there is a great american saying i like, "its hard to soar with eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys " :D

I wonder how much sin sod he paid? Where's all the forum braggarts who think this is the proper way (handing over your assets, no questions asked) to treat a fine, deserving Thai wife/GF?

Good question because there are a whole lot of those

This story has no connection to sin sot. This sucker just forked over 17 million baht to his wife/gf in one blow. Sin sot might be 100,000 Baht, and more often than not you get more than that back. In my case we ended up receiving about 20.3 x that back. Guess that makes me one of the braggarts--ha, ha, ha!

The origional post is not detailed enough to know just how the money was handed over. It is doubtful that he did this all in one lump sum, although possible. No doubt the guy is major stupid. There was a story on the KKTV cable news this morning about this and from what was related to me they said: 1. They were not legally married, in part because the lady was not divorced from her Thai husband. So, forget about any 50/50 marital division of assets, even if such would be applicable. 2. The lady said the man had a serious drinking problem and was abusive (Her side of the story, obviously). 3. Thye had been together for 6 years. I would guess they maybe they had some sort of hocus-pocus local marriage and in such case sin-sod may have been involved. Whatever his faults, she had to be quite a skilled money extracter to get such a large some out of him.

Briton says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17 million

A 63-year-old Briton called for help from the authorities to force a Thai woman to return his money nearly Bt17 million after she chased him out of her house.

Stephen Jones said he had met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he became broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

Kalasin chief public prosecutor said the woman could not yet be charged with cheating because the two had got married.

He said the Kalasin public prosecutor office would investigate to see if the assets had been bought with Jones' money or not and would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.

Source: The Nation - 05 October 2007

And i bet hes a bloke who wouldnt lend his best mate a fiver ! ,but they hand it all over to some issan farmers daughter, .deserve all they get,. i wonder if he made the classic quote when his mates warned him " no,this ones different "

hey, i'm married to an isaan farmers daughter. what's wrong with a good ole' country gal?

Who said she was a farmer's daughter?

What's that got to do with it?

What was her occupation I wonder.

well im not a gambling man usually ,but ill have a wager that she has been previously employed in the licensed trade somewhere :o

Philippinas make better wives. :D

Speak for yourself!!!! :o

Dont bite brit,.people that have these opinions have a reason ( normally not stated ) for making these comments,.as ive said in my post if they cant find a decent woman in thailand they wont find one anywhere, not because there isnt any its because they have no selection skills ,.

I'm 33 and never had a problem getting women anywhere I have ever been. Lol.

People that need to come to Thailand to get laid or find a wife are the true losers!

Oh dear, you are going to get some stick for that little lot, dosent apply to me so im not offended,ive never tried to find a wife, ! :D

Some Thai girls are bad Mr Toad. And this is why I will never buy property through a TGF or wife. Rent, rent, rent, it's the safest way these days. Too much money from the old dudes turning girls into monsters for whom money is their god.

The scary thing is if you confront these types of girls (before fcking them or anything) they often admit their scamming ways and proudly boast of how much cash they've scammed this month and last month etc etc.

Their mentality really is 'If this farang guy is stupid, I'm gonna take him for all his worth.' Even some farangs are in on this kind of scam.

In Issan this mentality is even stronger due to the poverty that exists there.

Go on, flame away apologists, however this kind of thing has happened far to often for it to be mere coincidence.

hel_l, when I was the forces we were warned about 'falling-in' with the local prostitutes.

Why doesn't the foreign office do a similar warning, like 'Don't invest in property through a prostitute name!' It really is quite obvious!

A reasonable person wouldn't drive to Liverpool and pick up a smack-head hooker and then invest 250k sterling in her name.

Yet in LOS: Meet a Bar Girl (slightly higher on the Jezabel hierarchy admittedly), fall in love, hopefully make an honest woman of her by marrying her - Suprising

Yet in LOS: Invest all life-savings in property that under thai law you have a cat in hells chance of owning AND it's in an ex BG's name - Incredible!

But I think as time wears on and more people become aware of this kind of thing the 'house in hookers name' scam will hopefully fade away.

Heres to hoping... :o

The Dude has read this forum for a long time and read Jimmy's posts quite a few times as well. What The Dude has noticed is that Jimmy is never ever wrong and this time is no exception. Can dig reality with a shovel

Jim does talk a lot of sense but the house in hookers name fading away will be a long time coming

I was sitting on Boat Quay last night and we were looking out for the older guy with young Asian girl for some reason. Not in the proportions in Thailand mind you but plenty to behold in Singapore. One of the two guys I was sitting with is getting a new ###### ripped out of him buy his English ex and using the kids as levarage. She has had more than twice the girl in the OP got as well as 2000GBP a month for the two kids. She has blown her money (over 500,000 GBP lump sum) on holidays etc and now is going back for more!

Happens everywhere I suppose.

Absolutly nothing, i regard them in high esteem, i just wish i had one for a sister, i could have retired years ago ! :D ....as ive said before, the educated.worldly farang comes to thailand and an uneducated, non traveled country girl extracts all the farangs money without him seeing it coming, fantastic, :D

Educated, worldly farang? I dont think one would ever come to Thailand and fall for a whore. :D

Uneducated country girl? They maybe but they have one thing that these people are looking for. :o

Does education = degree? Does education = money?

As far as putting a bin at airport for leaving brains, it would always remain empty :D

Som nam na

My exwife used to steel my money, even though I bought her cars, a lavish lifestyle, etc. and when it was all over she got the house worth Bt24,000,000. There was no fuss about it on internet forums tho - but this was in the UK and we were both English so I suppose it was OK.

Why did she get the entire house? Did she buy it before she married you? If you owned it before you married, she would not be able to touch it, except some of the appreciation of the houses value during the time you were married. Did you give it away out of the "goodness" of your heart? Or couldn't you afford a lawyer? What exactly is it that you are not telling us? I've never heard of such crock of shit. Either you are an imbecile, or believe all the readers are. What did you do wrong to be stripped of your home? you must have something terrible to hide. You think you are the only one who has been to court in a divorce and fought over marital assets? Tell us the story of the guy, where the court gives the wife the entire 24,000,000 Bath house (average middle class income housing,Lavish?). Do you think a woman in the West having a car, and living in a middle class house is lavish. Did the court feel that therefore, you are so rich, it could take the liberty to throw this house at her, because with your middle class status you could afford to by another, with no problem. There is a lot more to your story than you even come close to letting on.

If this Thai woman was married while she was twirling this Farang, I would think it would be an obvious con game and therefore against the law. If they got married even in a village ceremony under these circumstances it be would be further proof of intent, and also bigamy. The Thai husband would also be subject to charges in the con game along with pimping his wife. Or is this allowed in Thai culture and by the law?

I have to say I am not really convinced by the whole story. What makes us believe that he really has given all his money to this girl - we only have his word to go on for this. What are the chances that he has a decent stash of cash sitting back in the UK? Pretty good IMHO. He is just making a fuss because he doesnt want this chick getting the house in Kalasin.

As for Thai girls and settlements. My first wife was english, we were married for 10 years and her settlement was worth over US$1000/day for every day we were married. Now I have never heard of a thai girl getting so much.

I have to say I am not really convinced by the whole story. What makes us believe that he really has given all his money to this girl - we only have his word to go on for this. What are the chances that he has a decent stash of cash sitting back in the UK? Pretty good IMHO. He is just making a fuss because he doesnt want this chick getting the house in Kalasin.

As for Thai girls and settlements. My first wife was english, we were married for 10 years and her settlement was worth over US$1000/day for every day we were married. Now I have never heard of a thai girl getting so much.

Lets see 10 yrs x 365 days/yr = 3650 days 3650 days x $ 1000/day = $ 3,650,000 for 10 years of marriage

Exactly what line of work are you in? And what the are you doing here? Is the French Riviera out of your price range? Or you just can't live without all the plastic baggies?

Why did she get the entire house? Did she buy it before she married you? If you owned it before you married, she would not be able to touch it, except some of the appreciation of the houses value during the time you were married. Did you give it away out of the "goodness" of your heart? Or couldn't you afford a lawyer? What exactly is it that you are not telling us? I've never heard of such crock of shit. Either you are an imbecile, or believe all the readers are. What did you do wrong to be stripped of your home? you must have something terrible to hide. You think you are the only one who has been to court in a divorce and fought over marital assets? Tell us the story of the guy, where the court gives the wife the entire 24,000,000 Bath house (average middle class income housing,Lavish?). Do you think a woman in the West having a car, and living in a middle class house is lavish. Did the court feel that therefore, you are so rich, it could take the liberty to throw this house at her, because with your middle class status you could afford to by another, with no problem. There is a lot more to your story than you even come close to letting on.

I don't believe all readers here are embeciles but you obviously are. You ask what "I did wrong" but the English divorce process is not based on fault or wrong doing. The financial settlement went to court where I was represented by an expensive solicitor and barrister. My situation is not uncommon in the UK and I think that, if you were to take time to research the subject, you would find that the man comes off considerably worse in divorce all over the world.

PS I am married to a beautiful caring human being who I wish I had found many years ago ...just the nicest person I know genuinely my other half she make me what and who I am ...

It never ceases to amuse me when people regard themselves as only 'half' a person, only to be made 'whole' somehow upon the signing of some documents and the taking of some vows.

No wonder when many people go thru divorce they totally wig out, sometimes killing themselves.

What a sorry lot, you 'half' humans are...

Edited by ballzafire

On the 'half' point, I've always taken that description to mean realistically that someone has found an individual who compliments and counterbalances the person's inherent strengths and weaknesses, not suggesting any inherent 'missing components'.

Reagrds

thats how i see it too

my ex brought the best and worst in me - not towards her though???

Steve happens to be a friend of mine and he's been totally screwed by his ex. He had built a beautiful house, basically a large freeform pool with the house built around it. In the back were ponds with islands with various orchids and tropical plants. His ex's family has now moved in and basically turned it into a cesspit. The one thing that has always pissed me off about the attitudes here is that people who come to Thailand should never trust their wives. Where I grew up, it was a given that you trusted your wife 100%. I've been married 3 times, once to a Korean for ten years who due to military commitments divorced amicably and I still miss. My second wife was Thai whom I married to ensure a job and who preceded to relieve me of 15 million Baht. Really stupid!!

My present wife of 12 years is also Thai and we have two great sons and I would be totally lost without her. I trust her and her family 100%. I had nothing when we married, but have now kicked it up to about 150,000 a month. Sorry about all the rambling, but Steve and I grew up in the same kind of environment where you trusted people. It is an extreme shock when you come to a place where most people are not honest.

It really is a shame that most Thais will steal the shirt off your back if you're not looking. Never give them the opportunity and you're alright.

On the 'half' point, I've always taken that description to mean realistically that someone has found an individual who compliments and counterbalances the person's inherent strengths and weaknesses, not suggesting any inherent 'missing components'.

Reagrds

Yes, until divorce and remarriage when such 'components' are miraculously 'replaced', and then maybe again, and on and on, ad infinitum.

Sorry, but healthy-minded people tend to look upon themselves as already being 'whole' and their 'complement' as being similarly whole. You don't want to be 'complemented' by someone who's dependent-minded (or worse, as in the 'not-playing-with-a-full-deck' type of individual). It's the relationship that becomes 'one' -- not the individuals.

Sort of like 1+1=1.

Strange math, but that's how it works.

If you don't believe me, just look at all the self-help, psych-type books out there which all are pretty much saying the same thing: that you must first and foremost be balanced and psychologically whole yourself before you can expect a long-term relationship to work. That kind of thing.

People that look to others to fill a psychological void are often disappointed when those others suddenly cease to supply what's 'missing'. Hence, much of the heartache and mental illness in the world that we see...

Edited by ballzafire

Thais will steal the shirt off your back if you're not looking. Never give them the opportunity and you're alright.

It is really a shame that some farangs will generalize about all Thais based on their experience, which almost always involves living and cavorting with riff-raff--both Thai and farang.

Thais will steal the shirt off your back if you're not looking. Never give them the opportunity and you're alright.

It is really a shame that some farangs will generalize about all Thais based on their experience, which almost always involves living and cavorting with riff-raff--both Thai and farang.

Well put. What are these vehemently anti-Thai people doing here if they hate Thais so much?