Briton Says Thai Woman Dumps Him After Getting His Bt17 Million

Jai Dee

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading from this thread that either they were legally married, or that they had 'legally married' but that she was actually still married to her Thai husband. Well, if it's the latter, then I assume she can be sued for bigamy eyc.

If the marriage is legal, then the guy simply has to divorce her and he will get 50% of their joint assets, so he will at least get half of his 'investment' back. To me, it just sounds like a marriage gone sour and the guy can use the law of Thai divorce to obtain his 50%.

And just to sail close to OT, pnustedt is correct to comment that some posters know nothing about UK divorce law. 100% of the marital home can be awarded to the wife (or husband), without financial compensation to the other party. I 'lost' a 60 million baht house to my ex in exactly these circumstances.

Simon

Please remember the forum rules especially concerning flaming other members and degrading comments about women.

Some of you are very close to getting a warning...so let`s be nice to each other.

Just a question. Degrading comments about men are ok?

Please remember the forum rules especially concerning flaming other members and degrading comments about women.

Some of you are very close to getting a warning...so let`s be nice to each other.

I think the answer to that should be obvious.

Maybe it's time for some to go back and re-read the Forum Rules that you agreed to abide by when subscribing to the forum.

No more trollish comments please.

I think the answer to that should be obvious.

Maybe it's time for some to go back and re-read the Forum Rules that you agreed to abide by when subscribing to the forum.

No more trollish comments please.

I couldn't agree more..... for all.

If the marriage is legal, then the guy simply has to divorce her and he will get 50% of their joint assets, so he will at least get half of his 'investment' back. To me, it just sounds like a marriage gone sour and the guy can use the law of Thai divorce to obtain his 50%.

But when the guy bought the land to build the house he would have (or should have) signed a document to say that he would have no claim on it in the future. I wonder if a Thai court would take this to mean that he has no claim on the house and therefore it should not be included in the joint assets?

... the guy simply has to divorce her and he will get 50% of their joint assets, so he will at least get half of his 'investment' back.
Hi Simon43,

Where did you see that there is such a rule in the thai law ?

Thailand is not USA and I never read before that divorce in Thailand give a 50/50 result ??

Pattaya46

I must agree that getting married to an ex bargirl is not everyones cup of tea.

But i would not judge anyone doing this, the reason why, im due to marry my girlfriend who was once a bargirl.

These girls are human, and if farangs want to send them money, why would they say no?

I have dabbled with the naughty nightlife of los over the years, i have heard the lies and all the crap, but now i met a lovely girl 15 months ago and we are due to marry.

Ill tell you something, she treats me better than any of these fat, useless, slobs of english women, who only think of them selves.

So what im trying to say is, they are not all the same same my fellow friends.

We all know there is around a 10% out of a 100 chance of a relationship working with a former bar girl, maybe less, but im in the 10% mark.

Dont judge the bloke, he has got burnt, bigtime, but now he will learn his lesson.

Unless he aint already topped himself :o

I think the 'mine is different' argument is a gigantic invitation to providence (mine really is different by the way because she was never a bargirl). I wish you luck and I can understand the basis of your views. Having done the dating game in England I found there to be an enormous mismatch between the expectations of both sexes. Men wanted a sex godess who was intelligent and had a professional job so they could have a comfortable double income life together. The women wanted a handsome very well off professional who would allow them to shop at the best department stores have two foreign holidays a year whilst keeping up with the Jones's, of course they had to be imasculated 'new men' too.

So Joe average comes to Thailand and suddenly finds themselves surrounded by flirtatious girls with perfect figures, skin, pretty faces and attitides not polluted by the feminist mafia of the west, who incidentally have been so successful that the boot is more or less completely on the other foot back west.

Some people are scheming and some are not, I would venture that for every marriage that breaks down due to it being a sham from the start another will do so due to insurmountable cultural differences, even though both started with good intentions.. And here comes the problem:

I remember clearing customs in New Zealand, they even searched our shoes for any stray fauna or flora which may get in an wreak havoc with their Island ecology, it is a fact that outside species used to more competition quickly outcompete the indigenous life forms and more or less take over given chance.

It is for such a reason imho that Thailand has the property laws it does. To avoid competition from those with any drive or gumption who would take over given half a chance, just as the Thai Chinese did. Therefore I suggest the authorities are at least a bit more open as to their intentions by labelling the whole place a nature reserve for workshy alco's and kleptomaniac bargirls, or am I being too simplistic? :D

I'm 33 and never had a problem getting women anywhere I have ever been. Lol.

People that need to come to Thailand to get laid or find a wife are the true losers!

I was wondering how people could get that stupid but emperor_tud gave me the answer...

you're in your thirties, average look, work for a multinational, plenty of cash to spend going out, and you meet lots of girls all over the world, you feel you are a the best...

30 years later, you have been over drinking, over eating, bar instead of gym and you end up bold, fat, unfit and starting to deteriorate seriously and no girls is interested in you anymore...

Then you come to Thailand and one of these cuties smells you could take care of her for the rest of her life, or only a few months, and she treats you like you were still 30, still beautiful, still the best in bed... and your EGO takes over and you fall for it.

good luch emperor_tud, you will have it and it will be well deserved... :o

I'm reading from this thread that either they were legally married, or that they had 'legally married' but that she was actually still married to her Thai husband. Well, if it's the latter, then I assume she can be sued for bigamy eyc.

And just to sail close to OT, pnustedt is correct to comment that some posters know nothing about UK divorce law. 100% of the marital home can be awarded to the wife (or husband), without financial compensation to the other party. I 'lost' a 60 million baht house to my ex in exactly these circumstances.

Simon

Thai law does say that marital assets accumulated during the marriage are to be split 50/50. I know a guy who lost it all and went to court to claim his half. The court DID award him half the assets, BUT, three years later nothing had been sold and it appears he will be dead and gone before he gets anything or anything is sold.

Yes, I would never place my trust in the local laws enforced/carried out to benefit me (as a foreigner). That's why (IMHO) it's foolish to move most/all of your assets here. Bring in what you need, when you need it, and leave the rest someplace which enforces rule-of-law and transparancy in business/financial issues.

I got divorced too in the USA, and although being an imbecile, I nevertheless managed to get a much better lawyer than you. As a matter of fact I kept the house and my ex walked away with enough money to buy a good used car and I kept the new one. The US is notorious for the types of divorces you seem to know so much about. But putting up a good fight goes a long way, and doing research in finding the best lawyer certainly does no harm.I also believe that there is no way in hel_l a UK judge is going to give your entire house(if it is your house) away to your ex-wife, without you being comparably compensated in return. Unless you did something considered very wrong,and you are just not telling the whole story. Your story don't fly as stated.

You obviously know next to nothing about the English system of family law and perhaps you should not post about it!

You are correct, I do not know anything about the English Family Law System, but if you have been treated as you state, without extreme misbehavior on your part, I would say that England's law must be lacking the balance it's suppose to have. I know in most western countries the cards are always unfairly stacked in favor of women, but in your case, I find it extreme. No ill intentions where meant unto you, and if it's true, it is a shocking miscarriage of justice. Hope you can recoup, good luck.

Yes, I would never place my trust in the local laws enforced/carried out to benefit me (as a foreigner). That's why (IMHO) it's foolish to move most/all of your assets here. Bring in what you need, when you need it, and leave the rest someplace which enforces rule-of-law and transparancy in business/financial issues.

Good advice, but I would extend that beyond Thailand to say that it is foolish to put all your eggs in one basket anywhere, anytime.

Look - I agree the topic is very interesting. It's just that the posts have strayed WAY OFF TOPIC to things like US and England/Wales Family Law. Who gives a sh+t?

The thread is about a British guy in trouble in Thailand because (allegedly) his Thai wife took the house, his cash, then threw him out in THAILAND! So who cares about US, British, Aussie, Canadian laws?? Completely off topic! Briths and certainly US family law has no bearing whatever!

So let's get back on topic or close it. Isn't that fair? Or do you want more rambling?

I would say otherwise, I believe the topics are related, because if a British man get get shafted as badly as 'pnustedt' did under British Family Law, how can another British man, expect better judicial treatment, in a third world country ruled by the military.Maybe the thread should have stated only one or two word answers allowed,with no comparisons or any debate. example: Shcking, Poor guy, what an idiot( oops that's 3 words, sorry). Either way, what happened to these men should be considered wrong in any system.Sorry for adding a correlation too.

But when the guy bought the land to build the house he would have (or should have) signed a document to say that he would have no claim on it in the future. I wonder if a Thai court would take this to mean that he has no claim on the house and therefore it should not be included in the joint assets?

A falang can not own land in Thailand.

Just to clarify my position. If the guy gave the money to buy the land where the house was built, then he will have no claim to any of that money because he will have be required to sign a legal document denying any future claim to that money. But it's a different kettle of fish as regards the house (and any other chattels, joint businesses etc). Under Thai divorce law (afaik), he is legally entitled to 50% and can legally enforce any such decision made in a divorce court.

This is why married foreigners are in a much stronger position over asset division [except land] if they should divorce their Thai partners. I do not believe that if a Thai divorce court stipulated a 50/50 division of assets, that this is unenforcable if one partner is a foreigner.

Simon

Please use the report button at the bottom of posts that breach forum rules. Posting a comment in the thread only means that someone has to scroll through the entire thread to find the offensive comment. Thanks

That's not strictly true, how do you think foreign owned companies build on freehold land?

Thai property laws allow foreigners to buy and own a limited amount of land based on investment of 40 million baht for five consecutive years, provided that the land is used for residential purposes.

That's not strictly true, how do you think foreign owned companies build on freehold land?

Thai property laws allow foreigners to buy and own a limited amount of land based on investment of 40 million baht for five consecutive years, provided that the land is used for residential purposes.

Thats made me feel a lot better, i just have to build a factory or high rise to live in ! great

Hope he at least got some good mileage out of her...

Hehehehehe

Any guy who marries a pattaya prostitute

where did it say she was a prostitute ?

Pattaya and prostitute are synonyms my dear.

Steve happens to be a friend of mine and he's been totally screwed by his ex. He had built a beautiful house, basically a large freeform pool with the house built around it. In the back were ponds with islands with various orchids and tropical plants. His ex's family has now moved in and basically turned it into a cesspit. The one thing that has always pissed me off about the attitudes here is that people who come to Thailand should never trust their wives. Where I grew up, it was a given that you trusted your wife 100%. I've been married 3 times, once to a Korean for ten years who due to military commitments divorced amicably and I still miss. My second wife was Thai whom I married to ensure a job and who preceded to relieve me of 15 million Baht. Really stupid!!

My present wife of 12 years is also Thai and we have two great sons and I would be totally lost without her. I trust her and her family 100%. I had nothing when we married, but have now kicked it up to about 150,000 a month. Sorry about all the rambling, but Steve and I grew up in the same kind of environment where you trusted people. It is an extreme shock when you come to a place where most people are not honest.

I don't feel sorry for the bugger. Go to Pattaya, don't realize that you are one in 1,000,000,000 falangs chasing girls on, forgot the name, walking street or so. Then give her all your money, leaving you totally unprotected.

After that, wonder why that young woman didn't really love you after all.

And for all those who say Thais can't be trusted - BS - my GF and I share an account for 5 years already. We're not even married. I'd just not put all my money into it. For some reason.

Well she or more likely her greedy thieving family have hit the jackpot. I hope they have a great run of bad luck in their new car.

Whilst blaming the guy for sure, lets not forget the thieving little bitch and her parasitic family eh ?

BELIEVE IT OR NOT -------- TRUE STORIES FROM CHAPTER 1 FROM THE NEW BOOK - "Leave your brains at the airport - just bring your money and ATM CARD" --

A few words about Thai ladies.

These pages are mainly meant for "newbie’s" - first timers and guys with little or no experience with Thai girls. Anyone who has had experience will be able to tell you that these things are not just fabrications but that they do really happen and in lots of variations too. It is well worth while taking notice of the following things and hopefully they will serve to make you a lot wiser than you are now as far as Thai girls are concerned. Hopefully these pages will make you extra careful and will allow you to be prepared for a quite a variety of things that you maybe don't know yet. Hopefully they will allow you to see some of the light through the blindness that can and does become you when dealing with Thai girls. Hopefully they will act as a deterrent and will make you think twice before allowing yourself to get too involved with Thai girls.

IT MUST BE SAID SO THAT THESE PAGES DO NOT APERTAIN TO ALL THAI GIRLS, BUT TO THE VAST MAJORITY - NO MATTER WHAT AGE THEY ARE AND NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE, WHETHER THEY ARE BAR GIRLS, COUNTRY GIRLS, STUDENTS, GIRLS WITH AND WITHOUT JOBS OR WHATEVER THEY DO,, AND ESPECIALLY THE GIRLS WHO FREQUENT THE CHAT ROOMS SEARCHING.

First and foremost, Thai girls can be classed amongst the globes greatest liars - do not believe anything they tell you. Whatever they do tell you deduct 95% and of the remaining 5%, 4% of that is very much in doubt. If they say good morning to you look at your watch just to make sure that it is morning! Below is a copy of a story taken from a webpage - and there are countless incidents

like this one. This guy talks about "red flags" and hopefully it will make you aware of all these "warning lights"

They Are All Liars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After carefully reconsidering my outlook on the Thai women and how they all lie so much, I decided to give myself another opportunity to try and meet a good Thai lady. By this, I mean one who would appear to come from a decent background and upbringing and not from the bars!

Red flag number one.

When the evening ended we both parted are separate ways. Over the next few days we called each other and talked about many things. Occasionally we would send each other SMS messages.

Since she lived very close to me, we decided to go out again. Over the next few weeks we met at the same place to listen to music and talk. One of my friends is a guitar player at Coco Beet and he would occasionally sit with us to shoot the breeze. One night while we were sitting there all together, I noticed that she had a brand new Nokia 8250 mobile phone. This was not the same phone she had when I first met her. Keep in mind too that this 8250 phone runs about

8,500 - 12,000 baht new! At one point I started to reach over and asked her if I could look at it. She immediately grabbed the phone before I could get my hands on it. Red flag number 2.

The following week she informed me that she had to go to Nongkhai to visit her parents and get more money. Jackie told me that she lived with one of her other sisters but that she had to go to Nongkhai from time to time for money. She even gave me a SECOND mobile number to contact her while she was in Nongkhai. Red Flag number 3. When she returned from Nongkhai we saw each other again. Never once did we ever have sex. In fact, the closest I ever came to touching her was when she reached for my hand under the table at Coco Beet.

One night while we were at our favorite club, she asked me to change the "welcome message" on her phone. This is the message that appears when you first turn on a Nokia phone. Since the menu was in Thai, I asked her to get me to the section where you can change the message and that I would change it for her. Well, the message that was already there read, "you are in my mind forever."

Red flag number 4. Keep in mind that I asked her on several occasions if she had a boyfriend and that I would in no way be angry if she did. She always insisted that she didn't.

So, I continued to change the welcome message for her while she chatted away with my friend the guitar player. When I tried to save the message I inadvertently pressed the wrong buttons. Being that the menus were on in Thai I soon found myself in her SMS mailbox. This was indeed an accident but not one that I would regret.

I noticed several messages with the sender's name "Auth." I managed to open one of them and was not at all shocked at what the message said. "Oh honey I miss you so much, I can hardly wait to see you, I love you blah blah blah." I calmly tried to exit and did manage to get back to the main screen. I also managed to remember the phone number attached to the message from Auth. I handed the phone back to her and she was pleased that I changed the number for her.

The next day I had a friend of mine call the number to find out who this Auth guy was. Well, it turned out that this guy was indeed JACKIE'S boyfriend of three months. My friend gave Auth my number and Auth agreed to call me. When Auth called me I thought he was from Europe. His English was very good aside from a slight accent. I told him who I was and how I had met Jackie.

He went on to explain to me that he lived in Chiang Rai and that he was / still is Jackie's boyfriend. He was concerned that I might have slept with her but I made it very clear that I did not. Auth was very understanding on the phone and actually a very polite person. He also told me that he wondered how Jackie got her money since she had no job. He even went on to say that she wanted an even more expensive phone (17,000 baht) and how was she to afford it! At one point he began to doubt who I was and everything that I told him. I said that if he didn't believe me that I could call Jackie and record the conversation with my Sony Ericsson T68i mobile phone and play it back to him. He agreed. I called Jackie and started to record the call. I asked her very clearly "Do you have a boyfriend Jackie?" She replied "No!" I asked her again, "are you sure?" Again she replied "No I don't have a boyfriend." I then asked her who was Auth.

She said "Oh some student guy that I know." She didn't even bother to ask me how I knew who Auth was!

I called Auth back and played the recorded call for him. I could tell he was shocked and a bit heart broken. I explained to him that Jackie was nothing more than a liar and that she was probably seeing other men besides me. We spoke a few other times after that and he told me how Jackie called him and apologized profusely for lying to him. In the meantime I started to get SMS messages from Jackie. The first one reading "How you get number Auth? No good you know!

You look in my phone!" I replied with "No good for you but good for me because I find out you big time liar." What she was trying to do was divert her wrong doing by accusing me of being this bad guy for looking in her phone. What she never realized is that it was SHE that gave me her phone in the first place and it was by accident that I had stumbled into her SMS box.

Her attitude was like, "How dare you find out that I lied to you and have a boyfriend."

Not with just the bar girls, but the non-bargirls as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you can read Thai and can read their I.D. cards, (which they all must carry by law) you will never know their real names. Thai names are sometimes long and complicated and family names are rarely used. They all use "nicknames" - which they change at times as often as they change underwear. You will never know exactly who you are dealing with. The girls like it this way as it serves their main purposes well - which will become apparent as you read.

Almost all of them have mobile phones - and if not the latest and most expensive model they will strive to get that. They will mostly gladly give you their phone numbers too. But if you yourself have a contact number when you are in Thailand (or anywhere else for that matter) don't expect them to call you - they will always tell you or "signal you" to call them. How do they do that?

Easy really. They will call you and after one ring hang up. That means call them because it doesn't cost them anything.

Now to the most important subject - which is the main object of most of these Thai girls. They want one thing and one thing only - money - and at times will go to unimaginable ends to achieve that goal. They can tell you how much they care for you, how much they love you - but what they really mean is how much they care for and love your money. Don't have any illusions about this at all. There are many "farangs" who have been left homeless and penniless by the schemes of these girls so be very very careful and do not make ANY FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS at all. When a Thai girl sees a "farang" face all she sees are $$$ and she is not interested in anything else but your bank account and getting her hands on those $$$ of yours. Even if you don't have any money, Thai girls do not understand that a "farang" can also have no money and they will try and squeeze everything they can out of you. Some of the reasons they that they will tell you why they urgently need money are:

1. A family member is ill and no money for the doctor.

2. They have to send money home and they have nothing left to live off.

3. Their mobile phone had been stolen or lost and no money for a new one.

4. No money for food and to pay the rent.

5. They need to go see their family ( up or down country) and no money to go.

6. No money for their studies.

7. They have taken a loan for their studies and can't repay.

8. They have no job and money for anything - but yet they can spend hours online at internet cafes

and you can be sure - very sure - that they are talking to 3-4 OR MORE other guys at the same time.

Don’t be drawn into or fall for any of their "reasons" why they so desperately need money. They will even give you their bank account details so that you can send money to them fast if you are not in Thailand. DONT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THEY SAY AT ALL!

For anyone who is thinking about a serious relationship with a Thai girl, it is not impossible and it can and does happen - but it is very very improbable and so very hard to come by. The only way that one can know who it is they are dealing with - and even then not 100% - is to hire a private detective to watch them for a while. Even then you will not know everything - don't forget that the Thai's are masters of deception - but the chance are that you will learn

a lot more that you have been told by the girl. Don't be surprised if you get a report saying that the girl was with her Thai boyfriend or husband either before or after seeing you. Don't be too surprised if you are told that she was seeing other "farangs" too. At home you would not consider a serious relationship with anyone unless you knew a real lot about your partner.

One needs to take into account that up until a short while ago, a "farang" could not own a house or business in Thailand - these had to be in control (51%) of a Thai national. This may have been eased lately but until then a foreigner could only actually buy and own an apartment - this due to the fact that there is no land involved. Bearing this in mind tread very wearily when thinking maybe about opening a business or buying property with any Thai girl. Even if you pay out all the money, legally she is going to be the owner - and you don't even want to think about what can happen to your money if she is going to be the legal owner. Below are a few incidents that have taken "farangs" on one hel_l of a joy ride.

One guy from the USA bought a bar for $50,000 and spent an additional $15,000 redecorating it.

He was running the bar with his Thai girlfriend. After it had been running a year he had to go to the USA to attend to some business. He had to go alone and his girl friends had to run the bar while he was gone and he was gone over 2 weeks. When he returned he found that the bar had a new name - and a new owner - and that the girl had vanished into thin air with everything.

A guy from England took his Thai girlfriend from Bangkok to England where they got married.

The guy wanted children but for 2 years she refused to get pregnant. After lots of bickering and fighting she filed for divorce - taking almost everything the guy had. Then she returned to Thailand with all the money - to her THAI HUSBAND. She was already married when he had met her in Thailand.

A different guy actually married a girl in her village 200 k"m north of Bangkok - but not before he had paid her parents a $20,000 "dowry" fee. He had rented an apartment in Bangkok where they would live. After the wedding at the village she told him that she needed to stay on to help her family and that he should return to Bangkok and she would follow the following day.

He did just that and a few days later when she did not show up and he called her mobile number - which he of course had bought for her - someone else answered. When he asked for his "wife" the other party hung up. He went back to the village only to find that no one there knew anything about any wedding or about her and her family. To this day he has not seen her since.

It must be said again that NOT ALL THAI GIRLS BEHAVE LIKE THIS. It is possible to find a really decent, sincere and loving girl who you can marry and live happily ever after. But taking into account things that have been mentioned here and a vast amount of incidents not mentioned here, the chances of this happening are very slim indeed and the chances of you being scammed are much more higher - even as high as 90% - 10%. Hence the vast importance of really getting to know her and really checking her out thoroughly.

I have never met this unfortunate man and but I think those that have added to his problems by showering him with insults and unwelcome jibes posted on this site need to get a life.

They all see to be so "streetwise" and are experts on the subject of thai people, reading between thelines I suspect in order to gain their expertise of Thai ladies they have one plently of "research" in Pattaya and such places, so it seems o me that they perhaps are no better than the thai ladies they are so critical of.

They majority of men visiting Pattaya and such places are usually taking advantage of uneducated and extremely poor women and having set the example it should be no suprise when on occassions the tables are turned.

I do not suggest this is the situation in respect of this posting as neither I or anyone else knows both sides of the story, but wat I want to ask all of you who are so critical of thai women is what the hel_l are you doing in thailand?

Teaching? Preaching? Or otherwise there improving their lot?

Cheap shots come from cheap people in my experience.

roy :o

Wow what a post aussimike.

Some truth in it though , but like you mentioned they are not all like that.

But ofcourse , when staying in the famous areas in thailand the estimates could be even higher .

The rest propably quite accurate , sadly enough .

I have never met this unfortunate man and but I think those that have added to his problems by showering him with insults and unwelcome jibes posted on this site need to get a life.

They all see to be so "streetwise" and are experts on the subject of thai people, reading between thelines I suspect in order to gain their expertise of Thai ladies they have one plently of "research" in Pattaya and such places, so it seems o me that they perhaps are no better than the thai ladies they are so critical of.

They majority of men visiting Pattaya and such places are usually taking advantage of uneducated and extremely poor women and having set the example it should be no suprise when on occassions the tables are turned.

I do not suggest this is the situation in respect of this posting as neither I or anyone else knows both sides of the story, but wat I want to ask all of you who are so critical of thai women is what the hel_l are you doing in thailand?

Teaching? Preaching? Or otherwise there improving their lot?

Cheap shots come from cheap people in my experience.

roy :o

So, royngqrtpflt, what exactly are you adding to the subject, except that we are all cheap, and you, in conclusion, expensive?

:D:D

Steve happens to be a friend of mine and he's been totally screwed by his ex. He had built a beautiful house, basically a large freeform pool with the house built around it. In the back were ponds with islands with various orchids and tropical plants. His ex's family has now moved in and basically turned it into a cesspit. The one thing that has always pissed me off about the attitudes here is that people who come to Thailand should never trust their wives. Where I grew up, it was a given that you trusted your wife 100%. I've been married 3 times, once to a Korean for ten years who due to military commitments divorced amicably and I still miss. My second wife was Thai whom I married to ensure a job and who preceded to relieve me of 15 million Baht. Really stupid!!

My present wife of 12 years is also Thai and we have two great sons and I would be totally lost without her. I trust her and her family 100%. I had nothing when we married, but have now kicked it up to about 150,000 a month. Sorry about all the rambling, but Steve and I grew up in the same kind of environment where you trusted people. It is an extreme shock when you come to a place where most people are not honest.

DAS, how about asking Steve to write the whole story - perhaps in this post? Names, pictures, (her, house etc) - the whole works. And follow ups with the authorities.

It might help his case if the authorities know how many are watching it.

Briton says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17 million

A 63-year-old Briton called for help from the authorities to force a Thai woman to return his money nearly Bt17 million after she chased him out of her house.

Stephen Jones said he had met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he became broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

Kalasin chief public prosecutor said the woman could not yet be charged with cheating because the two had got married.

He said the Kalasin public prosecutor office would investigate to see if the assets had been bought with Jones' money or not and would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.

Source: The Nation - 05 October 2007

good luck :o

My exwife used to steel my money, even though I bought her cars, a lavish lifestyle, etc. and when it was all over she got the house worth Bt24,000,000. There was no fuss about it on internet forums tho - but this was in the UK and we were both English so I suppose it was OK.

Marriage the extraction of a mans wallet via his testicals ....

Already classical Greeks, 2500 years ago thought of women as parasites on a mans sweat.

But ... A Thai lady I met in 1997 , offered me her life savings of 143.000 THB when I came in financial difficulties in 1999.

We form since 2000 a business contact, and she keeps record even on one baht accurate. Never took anything from me.

A Dutch friend of mine invested Euro 100,000 in Jakarta via an Indonesian lady. Result: ALL is gone.

So, it is not only Thailand, SE Asia, but ... all over the wordl. Examples enough of Westeners robbed till the last dime by their ex spouse.

Only: when youy are dramatic poor the temptation is a lot higher to follow that path from the beginning.

Sad story , but who are we to judge the poor guy , his wife , her family , or any Thai women ?

In my opinion most Thai people choose for there family before the foreignor .

So when someone wants to marry a Thai women or man , get to know the close family first , as they will be in your marryage to .

Still , I consider him a lucky guy . atleast he not fell of any balcony or ended up on a pile of burning charcoal .

Briton says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17 million

A 63-year-old Briton called for help from the authorities to force a Thai woman to return his money nearly Bt17 million after she chased him out of her house.

Stephen Jones said he had met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he became broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

Kalasin chief public prosecutor said the woman could not yet be charged with cheating because the two had got married.

He said the Kalasin public prosecutor office would investigate to see if the assets had been bought with Jones' money or not and would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.

Source: The Nation - 05 October 2007

And i bet hes a bloke who wouldnt lend his best mate a fiver ! ,but they hand it all over to some issan farmers daughter, .deserve all they get,. i wonder if he made the classic quote when his mates warned him " no,this ones different "

hey, i'm married to an isaan farmers daughter. what's wrong with a good ole' country gal?

Hear hear, me too but I think 17 million may be a bit of a temptation even for my wife, so i'ts joint account in Thailand and one offshore for me