Returning Resident To United Kingdom

Dear Forum

Can anybody advise me as to what application and visa my wife should apply for when reurning to Uk.

She is a Thai national who was living with me in uk and had 'Indefinate Leave to remain'. She decided to leave uk July 2003 as my work took me overseas for long periods and she did not want to stay alone, so has exceeded the two year window where she could have returned as resident.

I have since returned to uk and now settled and working, and obviously would like my wife to join me and remain here. If possible, she also wants to bring her two daughters from a previous relationship that have had full support from me for many years now.

Kind regards

Your wife has two options. Either to apply for a returning resident visa and argue that her ILR has lapsed only because your work dictated that you move abroad, or, secondly, to start from scratch again and apply for the two-year settlement visa. If the latter, your wife would have to apply for ILR again after the two years at which point she will need to hold the English language/knowledge of UK life qualification.

The two daughters can also apply, and they will be given permission to stay in line with their mother; i.e. either indefinite leave or two years. Your wife will need to demonstrate, amongst other things, that she has had sole responsibility, both financially and emotionally, for the girls' upbringing.

Scouse.

Dear Scouse

Thank you for the prompt, and informative reply.

We shall endeavour to pursue the 1st option as their are mittigating circumstances which I feel could assist this course of action. And, correct me if I'm wrong but in your reply the fact that my wife decided to return to Thailand was not her fault, but mine, which is true of course.

Kind regards sir, you are the resourceful .....................