What Is The Recorded Message On The Travelator Saying?

whimsy

As you come to the end of the travelators to and from the gates at Suvarabhumi there is a recorded female voice playing over and over. I assume it is a warning to take care getting off. A bit like the 'mind the gap' on the London Tube. I've listened carefully many times, but I can't work out what she is actually saying. Not even sure if it is English or Thai. Has anyone worked it out?

It is "End of the walk", which is obviously completely gramatically incorrect, but anyway with the wonderful acoustics in the place can be heard throughout the building so is of absolutely no use whatsoever.

• 1 year later...

I went through Swampy last month and noticed these messages are no longer playing. Does anyone know when they stopped them? I wonder if the voice machines broke down or they just realised that no-one could understand 'her'? I'll miss the 'deb ob da war' lady. :o

• 1 year later...

For all you audibility challenged farangs, the Airports Authority of Thailand have generously had this lady re-recorded the message to provide some much needed clarification (I just came back through a couple days ago). Before, it was as thus: "end of the wouk [walk]" and now it's clearly: "end of the woulk-way [walkway, i.e. travelator]. :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

I need to go for an ear syringing. Up until reading this thread I didn't even think there was any 'English' at all. You are right can't get "aind ob da walk" out of my head.

I've had the original message playing in my head for ages...incipient madness perhaps?

All together now "aind ob da war, roowang see soot kanyerrrr"

Edited by KhunDave