Internet Today Very Slow

gharknes

Finally got my bill in the post today - 631.30 bht - just one month, no arrears.

Don't let your breath out just yet, SG...

My neighbor had almost identical situation with his electricity bill. In his case, they sent him a current bill (showing no arrears, just like yours), but kept the back balances on their own books. When he didn't pay up the back balances in 90 days, they shut off his electricity (no notice, no phone call). It took him a week to clear up the mess (meanwhile buying lots of flashlight batteries).

In the morning everything was fine but now (12 o´clock) I cannot access most of the webpages again.

I wonder when they will fix this. Already more than a week having this problems.

Yesterday many Internet Cafes in Pattaya had the same problems.

At no extra cost? 555! Are you a little naive here ........ They lowered the prices ...

The new prices for TOT are:

2mbs/512kbs THB 1,000

1mbs/512kbs THB 590

You should see a lower amount per month. I am more than happy after TOT doubled the speed.

Edited by sniffdog

......i had noted my problems started a couple of weeks ago when i was told i was upgraded for free to twice the download speed. so today i went to Carrefour and switched to the PREMIER 1 Mb package and effectively halved [is this supposed to read "doubled"?] my supposed official INDY download speed as Premier packages have not been upgraded yet. so now i am now back to a full fast effective interantional internet package with no problems at all with pop 3 mail or any connection problems at all. i was advised to do this by a maxnet technical engineer who said the problems were only associated with Indy accounts that had been upgraded for free. Premier and Biz accounts were unaffected by the problems that the INDY packages were having. the cost to get my service back to normal and as it was, if not slightly better than before? an extra 90 baht a month! now 1090 instead of 1000. i was in there this morning at 11am and they gave me new usernames, passwords etc and switched me over at 5pm. so i am a very happy chappy, my blood pressure has already gone down. i haven't explained it terribly well but i hope you get it.

good luck!

So now you are paying an extra 90 Baht per month & you are happy!?

Methinks this smells like the usual (& old) ploy of "deprivation" followed by an expedient solution. That is, starve the "user" of something & then make them believe that for a small added fee, everything is better.

How much money is 90 Baht multplied by "x" hundred thousand of "customers"?

Now who's the idiot here, snuggles ..... Shall I try to explain again ... I'll go slowly ....

TOT played a trick on its subscribers:

The 1mbs package was THB 1,000 but lowered the price to THB 590 (so that's the price you pay now)

The 1mbs package was doubled to 2mbs but you still pay THB 1,000. You didn't pay extra, but you didn't get a

discount of THB 410 .....

So your old package is now cheaper than THB 1,000 so you pay essentially 410 baht more .... (not considering the upgrade).

So, 1mbs ..... old price: THB 1,000 .... new price THB 590.

As somebody else said: don't lower the bill, raise the bandwidth ....

By now everybody knows that although you pay 410 baht more than your neighbor who pays 590 baht for 1 mbs, your connection is essentially

not faster (if you only use international connections).

Got it now?

Edited by sniffdog

Now who's the idiot here, snuggles ..... Shall I try to explain again ... I'll go slowly ....

TOT played a trick on its subscribers:

The 1mbs package was THB 1,000 but lowered the price to THB 590 (so that's the price you pay now)

The 1mbs package was doubled to 2mbs but you still pay THB 1,000. You didn't pay extra, but you didn't get a

discount of THB 410 .....

So your old package is now cheaper than THB 1,000 so you pay essentially 410 baht more .... (not considering the upgrade).

So, 1mbs ..... old price: THB 1,000 .... new price THB 590.

As somebody else said: don't lower the bill, raise the bandwidth ....

By now everybody knows that although you pay 410 baht more than your neighbor who pays 590 baht for 1 mbs, your connection is essentially

not faster (if you only use international connections).

Got it now?

I think that you are going to have to explain things in a clearer fashion. I can't work out your economics. Please provide a "step by step" explanation.

You pay now 410 baht more for the 2 mbs than for the 1 mbs ..... that means you didn't get it for free. You didn't have to pay extra on top of your old price, but you don't get a discount too. Furthermore, the advantages are minimal if non existent.

Edited by sniffdog

You pay now 410 baht more for the 2 mbs than for the 1 mbs ..... that means you didn't get it for free. You didn't have to pay extra on top of your old price, but you don't get a discount too. Furthermore, the advantages are minimal if non existent.

So you are saying I pay more for 2MB than for 1MB. Earth-shattering news! Unheard-of! :o TOT had to choose whether to make everyone pay less or to up everyone's bandwidth. Either choice is fair - you can switch after all - and TOT chose the one that's better for the company.

It would have been sleazy if they had continued to charge existing customers the old prices for the old bandwidth while giving the promotion to new customers. Cell phone providers work that way, they never give you new promotions unless you asks. But TOT didn't do that so it's fine.

As for the bandwidth - yes I do get the bandwidth for downloads when I use a download manager. Full 2Mbit. Even normal non-accelerated downloads are now faster. They used to be 300 Kbit, now 500.

Obviously, TOT has a tendency to screw up rather often so what you are getting or not getting differs from day to day and with the time of the day.

In any case, I would choose 2Mbit for BHT 1000 over 1MBit for BHT 590.

Edited by nikster

......i had noted my problems started a couple of weeks ago when i was told i was upgraded for free to twice the download speed. so today i went to Carrefour and switched to the PREMIER 1 Mb package and effectively halved [is this supposed to read "doubled"?] my supposed official INDY download speed as Premier packages have not been upgraded yet. so now i am now back to a full fast effective interantional internet package with no problems at all with pop 3 mail or any connection problems at all. i was advised to do this by a maxnet technical engineer who said the problems were only associated with Indy accounts that had been upgraded for free. Premier and Biz accounts were unaffected by the problems that the INDY packages were having. the cost to get my service back to normal and as it was, if not slightly better than before? an extra 90 baht a month! now 1090 instead of 1000. i was in there this morning at 11am and they gave me new usernames, passwords etc and switched me over at 5pm. so i am a very happy chappy, my blood pressure has already gone down. i haven't explained it terribly well but i hope you get it.

good luck!

So now you are paying an extra 90 Baht per month & you are happy!?

Methinks this smells like the usual (& old) ploy of "deprivation" followed by an expedient solution. That is, starve the "user" of something & then make them believe that for a small added fee, everything is better.

How much money is 90 Baht multplied by "x" hundred thousand of "customers"?

as well as the speed advantage for the extra 90 baht, i am one of ten now on premier instead of one of 20 on indy

is it worth 90 baht a month to lose 10 users on my LAN? you bet it is!

I must be ... spending wasted time trying to explain to you. My six year old understood it ....

But I will try again the way I explained to him ...

Imagine you bought for an extended period of time every month a chicken on the market for THB 1000. Then one day the market

vendor makes you an offer and reduces the price for 1 chicken to 590 baht. But says, I have a better offer .... I give you

two chickens for 1000 baht. Did you get the second chicken without paying more?

His reply was: 'No I pay 410 baht for the second chicken'. Now he's really duuuuuuuuuumb!

=================================================================

In any case, I would choose 2Mbit for BHT 1000 over 1MBit for BHT 590.

=================================================================

So do I, but that was not the essence of my reply to the knucklehead emperor ....

Edited by sniffdog