Calling Thailand From Usa

gharknes

I've used Pingo.com before - 3.3ct / minute phone-phone - it's like a calling card but online refill and you can enter a few numbers that then don't have to enter the card#/pass code which is very convenient. Old-fashioned but works reasonably well.

There's also jajah for phone->phone and skype out for com->phone.

Edited by nikster

when i was back in california a few weeks ago...i bought a calling card for $2.00 that allowed calls to thailand for 1.5 hours (if used at one time). if you made a series of calls, it was somewhat less but still got about an hour of calling time for 2 bucks!!! also, as you call a USA 1-800 number and then punch in your thai number, i avoided all hotel phone charges. just go to whereever the immigrant neighborhood is where you are going and all the phone shops should have a variety of these cards. just confirm that they are good for calls to thailand. call quality was decent to good but for 2 bucks, can't complain.

There a lust of providers in the UK that offer VOIP by dualing a prefix number, is there similar in USA (florida)

use pfingo.com .. they are giving out free credit now and you can test the quality. it is good. You can send SMS with it too.

They now have free global number (USA based is available) and you can assign 3 people to call you at that number. Check it out.

You Can sign up here

when i was back in california a few weeks ago...i bought a calling card for $2.00 that allowed calls to thailand for 1.5 hours (if used at one time). if you made a series of calls, it was somewhat less but still got about an hour of calling time for 2 bucks!!! also, as you call a USA 1-800 number and then punch in your thai number, i avoided all hotel phone charges. just go to whereever the immigrant neighborhood is where you are going and all the phone shops should have a variety of these cards. just confirm that they are good for calls to thailand. call quality was decent to good but for 2 bucks, can't complain.

I've used callthai.net for purchasing online cards and found that they worked fine, they just email the pin numbers to you. Some are better deals than others, pricing is related to the call quality.

If you buy the cards retail, it does pay to look at the rates; different cards give value to different places. In San Francisco it wasn't hard to find one that would let you talk for hours, but in Los Angeles I haven't found any that have the same value.

Online, you should be able to compare rates... try Google...