How Much Cash Can Be Legally Taken Out Of Thailand

I was sure this question must have been asked, but after skimming back a few months.... nothing.

Simple question ... my Thai wife and I plan to go back to UK for a month's holiday. How much actual baht can be converted to pounds in Thailand and legally taken out of Thailand/per person.

Thanks in advance.

See also Exchange Regulations in Thailand

a. Exports

Export proceeds in foreign currency in an amount US$ 20,000 or above shall be acquired in Thailand immediately upon receipt unless the terms of payment are specified, which shall not exceed 120 days from the date of exportation. When acquiring such foreign currencies, the exporters shall sell the foreign currencies to an authorized financial institution or deposit them in a foreign currency account with an authorized financial institution within 15 days from the date of acquisition.

I was sure this question must have been asked, but after skimming back a few months.... nothing.

Simple question ... my Thai wife and I plan to go back to UK for a month's holiday. How much actual baht can be converted to pounds in Thailand and legally taken out of Thailand/per person.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure that this regulation still stands but:

Maximum of Bht 50,000 may be taken out of the Kingdom. Any Bht in excess of 50,000 must have the approval of the Ministry of Finance.

If you are changing Bht to Sterling in Thailand, then the equivalent of Bht 1,000,000 appears to be the maximum at the present time.

To be safe, check with your bank.

Thanks for the 2 responses....

Maybe I should have asked...

Anyone with any practical experience of how high a baht amount will the exchange desk (at airport departure) accept for conversion into pounds (or US$).

I know I can use my Thai ATM card to get money in the UK, but expensive money given bank costs, and I know that I can transfer funds from my Thai bank to my UK bank, with some bank costs. I'm just exploring more cost efficient ways to get pound spending money. Note ... I only have baht income these past 10 years.

Thanks... :o