Where To Buy Quality Business Shoes

1Lucky

I need to get some new shoes for business. I usually wear traditional black leather City of London type brogues. Does anyone know where I can find these in Bangkok? I'd like good quality but not too extortionate a price (about GBP 100 would be about right)?

If you can't actually buy them from shops are there any good places who would actually make them to measure for you?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Lucky

Try Tony Leather on Surawong, more or less opposite Jim Thompson. I've had them make several pairs of shoes for me and I still have the first pair they made about 10 years ago. Not necessarily cheap but about what you would expect to pay for regular shoes.

I'm sure you will be able to find someting good in the department stores. I've always managed to find good quality footwear at Paragon, Central et al. (I'm a size 10.5 UK, btw, and have few problems). 6000 baht should get you something good, especially if you time it right with the sales.

I'm sure you will be able to find someting good in the department stores. I've always managed to find good quality footwear at Paragon, Central et al. (I'm a size 10.5 UK, btw, and have few problems). 6000 baht should get you something good, especially if you time it right with the sales.

and where do the hide the gold and the diamonds? in the heel or the soles?

Hey Dr.Naam, we should get together and write a few songs,

lets try this one first

"People say shes crazy

She got diamonds on the soles of her shoes"

has a certain familiar ring to it also............. :o

Hey Dr.Naam, we should get together and write a few songs,

lets try this one first

"People say shes crazy

She got diamonds on the soles of her shoes"

has a certain familiar ring to it also............. :D

you know my wife LeungKen? may i [not so] humbly ask what kind of relation you both have? :o

2nd floor of Central World has Aldo and a shop selling Churches. If you want to look like an anus, go for Churches. If you want to look trendy, go for Aldo.

Thanks for the tips - I managed to find Aldo but prefer the 'anus' look to the 'c*ck' look - where abouts is the shop selling Churches - I couldn't find it anywhere.

Cheers

Lucky

2nd floor of Central World has Aldo and a shop selling Churches. If you want to look like an anus, go for Churches. If you want to look trendy, go for Aldo.

Thanks for the tips - I managed to find Aldo but prefer the 'anus' look to the 'c*ck' look - where abouts is the shop selling Churches - I couldn't find it anywhere.

Cheers

Lucky

I'm not going to tell you now. I just can't bear to see the London City Boy look with large shiny rounded toe lace-ups come to Bangkok :o

Got a cracking pair of Calvins at couple of months ago at Imperial World in SP for 350bt..... :D

but last week went up market and got TWO pairs of Ferranis from the Dept in Siri Cenre (opposite Bua Restaurant) on Shri Nak for a mind blowing 1050 bt....discounted of course.... :o

Wore them going through to first class lounge on Saturaday......Bees Knees.....

Gave up Lobbs,Jones and Churches years ago...waste of......etc....

The Marks and spencer branch in Central Chidlom also sells mens shoes. ALDO is good but they are a more mordern younger styling for mens shoes. There is also a branch of NEXT on the 3rd floor of Central World including mens gear but its expensive.