New Airport To Old Airport.

hellohello

Sorry if this has been asked before....

My brother is arriving at Swampy-doom at 5pm on Thai, and has a domestic flight with Thai out of Don Mueng at 8pm. What the chances he'll make it across town in enough time.

Because he is on Thai Air (not a budget carrier), are they offering any thing like a shuttle for clients like him, or is the best option a Taxi?

Sorry if this has been asked before....

My brother is arriving at Swampy-doom at 5pm on Thai, and has a domestic flight with Thai out of Don Mueng at 8pm. What the chances he'll make it across town in enough time.

Because he is on Thai Air (not a budget carrier), are they offering any thing like a shuttle for clients like him, or is the best option a Taxi?

Arrive 5.00pm out of immigration and baggage claim by 6.00pm (earlier if lucky, later if not). Assume 45 mins - one hour to drive to DM at that time heavy traffic (taxi) arrives at 7.00pm - in time for 8.00pm. the connection time looks generous (at three hours) but it can easily be compromised by a delay on the inbound, delay in baggage, dealy in airport (bussing) and crap traffic (business as normal)

there are cheaper alternatives than taxi - but need to allow a bit more time to get to the bus terminus at Suwanabhumi - so best not chance it. There is an Airport Transport hub to DM shuttle (minibus @ 40ThB) but you need to do the five minute run on the Shuttle Bus to Transport hub then wait around for mini bus to depart. Generally it takes me one hour to one hour 30 using the mini bus option from walking out of baggage claim to DM - but i know where I am going, if your brother doesn't know, use a taxi -- no tme for a "learning experince"

there have been a lot of changes of late in terms of bus services from airport to downtown, etc but not sure of details. someone else might advise if there is now an airport to DM shuttle. Also Thai Air "should" be able to tell you / him about connection facilties

My recommendation is taxi (now located on second floor) not ground floor (level 1) - but do not loiter around there is really not a lot of spare tme.

of course, as advised in countless forums here - avoid touts and limo companies (And defineitely avoid AOT limo - big big rip off.

hope it helps

PS when is he arriving?

• 2 weeks later...