Walking Koh Samet

mr6kings

We plan on spending a couple days on Koh Samet at the end of our trip next month. Considering staying at the Nimmanordee Resort at Ao Pakarang on Southern tip of the island. It sounds like a pretty quiet spot so if we decide to walk up to other beaches how far or long to say Ao Wong Duen. We considered Wong Duen Resort on Ao Wong Duen or Samet Ville on Ao Wai but concerned about too much crowds and activity even though we are looking at Tuesday-Thurs . Walking doesn't bother either of us as usually in Bangkok we walk all around Pratunam and when upcountry near Sisaket walk all over the place.

Mark Solie

I've stayed at that resort...it's very nice in itself, but a LONG way from anything else...

I'd say a 45+ minute walk to the main areas, up and down hilly, non-paved roads with bikers & pick-ups coming along relatively frequently.

I've stayed at that resort...it's very nice in itself, but a LONG way from anything else...

I'd say a 45+ minute walk to the main areas, up and down hilly, non-paved roads with bikers & pick-ups coming along relatively frequently.

Thanks for the info. I know my wife would be a little moho if she had to walk 45 minutes each way more than once. If you had said 15 minutes I'd say no problem. We'll probably get something further up the Island.

Mark Solie