Ubc

Highwayman

If you were head of programming at UBC, what new programs would you buy?

For me:

David Letterman

Australian Rules Football

The Bill

Jay Leno*

*I know they show a couple of shows from Jay on the weekend but it would be nice to see the whole five nights worth of shows.

Dude. I'm glad you asked....I'm willing to contribute, just to air my opinion. I'm pretty sure UBC could care less about what we think though....

I want to see: Jay Leno (good call!!), David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Law & Order: CI (or any Law & Order for that matter), Simple Life (everybody loves Paris Hilton), Scrubs (i know we have it already...but i want more of it).

What I want to see LESS of: cooking shows, Life With Bonnie (CANT STAND IT), Cook Like a Chef, Star Trek (who the h*ll watches this anyway), the annoying canned music playing in between shows. If you're not going to edit out the commercials ads from the shows.....then just put a 5 min break in between and then show another program. Why then put in 20 mins of UBC Club ad's Academy Fantasia promo's (this has to be the most painful thing on right now). Just give me what I paid for...entertainment.

I have the opinion that if UBC maintains showing each program 3 times in one 24 hour period (as with most programs), then that means I'm getting 1/3 new programming...which makes me feel that I should pay 1/3 the price. It's not expensive...but do we really need to see "Designer Guys" more than once a day ???

a touch of frost.

the bill

good english comedy programmes.

get rid of 90% of the american cr@p they show.

more...scrubs, drew carey, films that havnt been shown 200 times."last action hero" for example.

jamie olivers the best cooking programme.

designer guys are just funny.

get rid of 24hours soccer and golf.

more rugby and curling.

pleease.

but we are wasting our breath.as this will never happen.

ohhhh and academy fantasy.......seems to be 24hours of eating, laughing, dancing, singing and sleeping...hardly entertainment,

cant be anything like the western version(big brother)never seen it.

Thais sleeping with each other, argueing!!!!!!!!hahahahahahah dont think so.

makes me laugh.

I watch Star Trek, and would love to see more of it!

I second Leno, Letterman, and Conan. More Saturday Night Live would be nice, as well (especially some classics from the 70's and 80's). My better half loves American trash daytime talk shows (Jerry Springer and their ilk). One or two a week would be good for a good laugh.

Would enjoy more British comedy shows, as well.

Get rid of any and all low-budget Canadian programming! Those programs are the pits (who needs tips on where to shop in Toronto? or on how to keep the north winds from seeping through your double-glazed windows? or how to prepare penguin a l'orange?). The only Canadian show I'd like to see would be SCTV.

Definitely agree on the Bill.

Would also include Coupling (they showed the first series), The Office, One Foot in the Grave, Men Behaving Badly (old episodes would be OK too). Basically any more comedies.... can include Seinfeld, Drew Carey, Father Ted.....

More rugby and now I am completely dreaming: Gaelic Football and Hurling!