Blinds & Curtain Retailer In Cm.

MartinBKK

They're all over the place - all of the major arterial roads will have at least one easily visible one, and they all have displays and fabric samples so you can understand what your're buying before you commit.

That said, here's some recommendations for places I've visited, no names though I'm afraid:

Hang Dong Road: heading out of CM, on the left side approx 1KM before Tesco Lotus. Really nice people and good prices. Didn't end up using them so can't comment on actual delivered quality, but their samples/displays look top notch.

City: Come over the Nawarat bridge onto Tapae road and take the first available right. There's a large Indian/Pakistani place on your right just around the corner. Big range of fabrics/designs but didn't use them as they were a little on the expensive side. More choice here than anywhere else though, so worth a look if you can't find what you want elsewhere.

Doisaket Road: heading towards CM, about 2KM from the 121 ring road on your left in a group of shop houses. Has a large banner on the 3rd floor (in English - something or other "Decor") clearly visible as you approach. Great service and prices - used them to do all the curtains, blinds and fitted carpets in our latest house.

Edited by BlissfullyIgnorant

They're all over the place - all of the major arterial roads will have at least one easily visible one, and they all have displays and fabric samples so you can understand what your're buying before you commit.

That said, here's some recommendations for places I've visited, no names though I'm afraid:

Hang Dong Road: heading out of CM, on the left side approx 1KM before Tesco Lotus. Really nice people and good prices. Didn't end up using them so can't comment on actual delivered quality, but their samples/displays look top notch.

City: Come over the Nawarat bridge onto Tapae road and take the first available right. There's a large Indian/Pakistani place on your right just around the corner. Big range of fabrics/designs but didn't use them as they were a little on the expensive side. More choice here than anywhere else though, so worth a look if you can't find what you want elsewhere.

Doisaket Road: heading towards CM, about 2KM from the 121 ring road on your left in a group of shop houses. Has a large banner on the 3rd floor (in English - something or other "Decor") clearly visible as you approach. Great service and prices - used them to do all the curtains, blinds and fitted carpets in our latest house.

Hi - the one that recent poster refered to near Hang Dong Tesco Lotus may be the one I have used many times

-- i wouldn'd say ii is 1 km before Tesco - a bit less - but the block immeditely before Tesco on the left (same block as hospital) has the curtain and blind shop I am refereing to - run by a couple ...I used them for the whole house and thay have just quoted for a second house for me (I was that impressed by their service); friend of mine used them to and they were delighted.

I certainly recommend them

They speak a moderate amount of English - couple are Mr Jo and Miss Pom -- PM me if you want their contact numbers

I.S. Curtain is the location described in the second location in the first responsive post. I have used them for more than six years and have found them to be very good. They give you what you pay for so if you go in with a very cheap approach they will give you the cheapest. Bob is the Sikh owner who told me a few months ago that he was building his own building behind Carrefour in that area of new construction.

He has other business in the home design area and will be combining them all into the same location.

Unfortunately, blinds are a manufactured product which is hard to get cheap without using cheap mechanisms that fail early.

I save money on drapery by specifying cheap fabrics. Did a great blackout effect by using dark thick fabric that didn't need the blackout backing. They even put velcro edges on the drapery so no light in around the edges.

Im looking to install some blinds in my home office. Seeing i rent the property i am hoping to do this as economically as possible.

Id be grateful if someone could recommend a suitable company.

Thanks.

If ready-made venetian blinds fit the bill, take a look in Index shopping Mall - 100-ish metres after Carrefour/HomePro on the Superhighway. They have both thin bamboo slatted blinds (really nice but a tad expensive) and thin plastic slatted blinds in a reasonable range of colours and sizes (significantly cheaper). Fitting either of these is not difficult (I fitted several in my London home) and I plan to do the same when I move to a new rented house shortly. Obviously, you'll need to establish if your window sizes (width particularly) are appropriate for what Index have - if they are then I would think this route will be significantly cheaper than a "custom" job.

From memory, they also have a range of curtains - and might be able to recommend someone to install those?

UPDATE: got a quote from IS blinds which i felt was a little expensive. I might be wrong but i would like to get another quote.

Ive been unable to find any of the other places so if anyone could help me out i would be grateful. Really looking for a Thai priced place which can provide some economical office blinds.

Thanks.

As someone suggested, I think it was SteveUK that a pre-made blind would be the least expensive if you can find them in a size that would work for you.

Keep in mind that you are buying a manufactured product made out of internationally priced material and so inexpensive Thai labor is not involved, unless you can find a hand made wood one.

You should compare prices at Hopepro who does have pre-manufactured window coverings and at the same time try Carrefour to see what they have.

Thanks thaiproexpat.

You are right a ready made blind is much cheaper but obviously not as good a fit!!!! I would prefer a custom fitted one at an economical price :-)

I had some blinds made in BKK that were much cheaper than the quote i have received from IS blinds so im just keen to get some more quotes.

To be honest i can't really work CM out yet. It appears to be much cheaper for some things such as accomodation but a lot more expensive for others. Not sure if it's really a lot cheaper than BKK after all.