Alcohol Rehab Center

jakesideas

Hello I am looking for a center for alcohol rehab for a Thai guy that has been drinking for many years but was recently involved in an accident and now has to give up alcohol so he can drive again. He is from the countryside so it may be difficult to get him into a program but I would like to find something for him as he is in trouble. Any ideas, phone numbers or websites of places of rehab in Thailand for Thai people? Thanks.

Hello I am looking for a center for alcohol rehab for a Thai guy that has been drinking for many years but was recently involved in an accident and now has to give up alcohol so he can drive again. He is from the countryside so it may be difficult to get him into a program but I would like to find something for him as he is in trouble. Any ideas, phone numbers or websites of places of rehab in Thailand for Thai people? Thanks.

Can't add too much to this other than I read an article some months back that some temples were offering such rehab for alcohol and drugs addicted folks. Sorry can't be more helpful.

Can't add too much to this other than I read an article some months back that some temples were offering such rehab for alcohol and drugs addicted folks. Sorry can't be more helpful.

There is an Alcholol and drug reatment centre in Khon Kaen , also there are Thai language meetings for people with alcohol problems in Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai and Bangkok, PM me for further info[

There is an Alcholol and drug reatment centre in Khon Kaen , also there are Thai language meetings for people with alcohol problems in Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai and Bangkok, PM me for further info[

These are details for rehab in Khon Kaen Sa Yaa Sep Dtit

Center for Treatment of Drug Addiction

775 Moo 19, Amphur Muang,

Changwat Khon Kaen

Phone at center: 043-345 391-2, ext 311 or 314

Suan Prung Hospital, Chiang Mai

OPD contact Somsuk 086 917 8131

วันศุกร์ เวลา 1500น.

1500hrs. , Friday

Thai language

Wat Thamkrabok has an excellent repuation treating Thais and farang and you can find lots of details about it on this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1593139

PM me if you need more details

Garro .Thanks for your post , i had never heard about Wat Thamkrabok, its nice to know there are other spiritual paths that lead to sobriety , i got sober through the 12 a step programme , and to date i have never had to take another drink of Alcohol or drug for 23 years , my life is now beyond my wildest dreams ,

Wat Thamkrabok has an excellent repuation treating Thais and farang and you can find lots of details about it on this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1593139

PM me if you need more details

Garro .Thanks for your post , i had never heard about Wat Thamkrabok, its nice to know there are other spiritual paths that lead to sobriety , i got sober through the 12 a step programme , and to date i have never had to take another drink of Alcohol or drug for 23 years , my life is now beyond my wildest dreams ,

Thanks David, my life is beyond my wildest dreams too.

Drug & Rehab centre (mentioned in this post) in Khon Kaen is one of the best in Thailand.

A friend of mine has just finished a 4 month course there were I visited every 2 weeks, staff are great & the centre is very well kept (clean etc) and so far treatment seems to be working fine. Made a lot of friends there on my visits.

The address is mentioned earlier in this post along with phone numbers etc, however a good landmark is its located almost right next to the army base in Khon Kaen.

Regards

• 2 years later...
Drug & Rehab centre (mentioned in this post) in Khon Kaen is one of the best in Thailand.

A friend of mine has just finished a 4 month course there were I visited every 2 weeks, staff are great & the centre is very well kept (clean etc) and so far treatment seems to be working fine. Made a lot of friends there on my visits.

The address is mentioned earlier in this post along with phone numbers etc, however a good landmark is its located almost right next to the army base in Khon Kaen.

Regards

Sorry for "necro-posting", but I am in urgent need of getting to this place in Khon Kaen, but since I am navigationally challenged (i.e. idiot-with-maps), I rely on GPS navigation. Can anyone please help by pinpointing it on Google Maps or Wikimapia? Coordinates would be most welcome. I've tried finding it by getting a map sent to me from there, but it's in Thai and the closest I can get to it is 16°28'8.44"N, 102°48'3.89"E.

Thank you very much in advance.

— Möe