Complainers

siamamerican

Sorry I did try to have my 2 baht worth included above but to no avail!

I also blame the Blair/Brown Government for the situation in the UK regarding Asylum seekers and Immigrant.

Many people who were born in the UK could not get Council housing because Asylum seekers were given priority. The houses that they got from Council had to have everything in them, furniture everything!

If their application for asylum failed they just left the area where they were living and went to London to present themselves as someone else! Then the whole thing started all over again..in my opinion it was a farce!

They all wanted to come to the UK for exmple France gave them sweet <deleted> all! Once anyone got Immigrant staus they sent for the rest of their family to be supported by the UK tax payer.

I have always said that the UK should have similiar systems to that in Thailand. It would have been easier to regulate the numbers of Asylum seekers coming in and the monitoring of them.

For me living here in Thailand life is what I make it. And I enjoy the life I have here. :o

begsaresponse

Edited by begsaresponse

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference in perspective I think you missed is the intention behind the post. While I don't necessarily agree with the people who whinge or complain about Thailand, they're generally reacting to something negative done to them. I might not agree, but at least I can at empathize with it. When someone deliberately sets out to provoke someone else or a group of others "for the fun of it", or because they find it "entertaining" or let's face it sometimes just to be downright nasty - sorry I find that difficult to empathize with. Thinking further ahead the problem with the people who aim solely to provoke for their own entertainment, without ever making any attempt at being constructive on their posts, is they just discourage other more constructive posters, who in turn just leave.

Seems like you take the intentions behind peoples posts very serious as if there is some thought going on. Posts are instantaineous blurbs which will disappear in a few weeks time or less. Basically meaningless. Posters in "the majority" on an issue, i.e. followers of the mods politically correct mantra, will trash another "minority poster" to make themselves feel big and mighty. This is what is going on. The biggest joke about TV is some sods trying to maintain a political correctness to what are essentially momentary and meaningless comments while the mod wanabees follow on. Reality my man.

---------------------------

Wow! Takes a Jersey boy to tell it like it is. Your like a fcking mind reader man. I have got to cut and save this somewhere. It just about exactly what I have been feeling.

Thanks for having the balls and clarity to say it.

Hope you don't get "put in the corner."... :D

Not really. I live a pretty much live and let live life. Nor am I a fan of political correctness. If you thought about it for a minute, you'd see "live and let" live is pretty much the opposite of "political correctness". Someone wants to drink a lot, spend their times in bars, see women 25 years younger than them, that's up to them. Life's one big playground for us all to enjoy, as we see fit. All this can be done without deliberately setting out insult and provoke other people. That's the bit where I draw my line.

For the minority who just want to flame and insult, my view would be set up their own part of the forum, and let them get on with it. That way they can post things like:

"What's the matter Pepe mate, not getting enough in the US, because you couldn't cut it in Thailand, so need to take a go at others who are enjoying themselves here. How long since you've been laid now?

or

"Hey JimmyCA time you changed your blue dress and got that hair of yours cut. Understand what you're doing in Pattaya and why you're in Thailand's sleaze capital, but give the rest of us a break. Guess with the momentary and meaningless attention span you mentioned, you keep forgetting"

You can have a laugh without deliberately setting out to attack people, and if you want to have a go at people, do it in a place with other like minded people. Would take the jokes section on here over the trolls any day. :D

The problem is when these overlap. Those people who set out to insult and provoke others, just haven't learned that life's moved on from the school playground. That's the bit that causes us all to lose out, as good threads get cut, or hijacked, and people just lose interest and leave before they get off the ground sometimes.

To be honest the trolls also just get sad and boring, coming out with their clubs to insult. Then saying 1) touched a nerve 2) you seem insecure 3) don't worry. Pretty childish, and just takes away from the freedom of the rest of us. Shame also they can't see they're the real ones taking away the freedom on TV. Behave like adults you get treated like one, and don't need moderator/ parental supervision. Unfortunately when you don't we all suffer. But if that's what you want to do, go for it. Just do it somewhere else. Like it or not TV and the mods have set a few rules. I don't agree with them all, but if I want to use their forum, least I can do is respect them.

I'd prefer not to have moderators at all to be honest, but that's not going to happen while the minority of people you spoke of aren't able to draw a few lines for themselves. Gets annoying sometimes that mods close some threads that look harmless or fun. On the whole though, they do a decent job. If they weren't there, the minorities you speak of would just flame, insult, creat legal problems, push it further each day, and ultimately we'd either lose a decent forum or have it taken away. I'd rather have a few minority d#*kheads banned instead. :o

I don't believe I insulted you, did I? You seem to have a compulsion for the put down in your posting. Ironically, you seem to be pointing out many of the characteristics of your posting style. And nice mod ass kiss there .

I don't believe I insulted you, did I? You seem to have a compulsion for the put down in your posting. Ironically, you seem to be pointing out many of the characteristics of your posting style. ...

Got the irony at last...64 posts in... Well done :o

Edited by fletchthai68

You shot yourself in the foot pal, the correct spelling of Moslem is Muslim, so please don't pretend to know to much.

that's a matter of perspective. arabic script for example does neither differentiate between "o" and "u" nor between "e" and "i".

so my solomonic judgment is you are both right. now shake hands boys and play nicely together.

:o

But the to, instead of the too was definately a Faux Par

You shot yourself in the foot pal, the correct spelling of Moslem is Muslim, so please don't pretend to know to much.

that's a matter of perspective. arabic script for example does neither differentiate between "o" and "u" nor between "e" and "i".

so my solomonic judgment is you are both right. now shake hands boys and play nicely together.

But the to, instead of the too was definately a Faux Par

and so is your spelling of definitely as well as faux pas :D

The difference in perspective I think you missed is the intention behind the post. While I don't necessarily agree with the people who whinge or complain about Thailand, they're generally reacting to something negative done to them. I might not agree, but at least I can at empathize with it. When someone deliberately sets out to provoke someone else or a group of others "for the fun of it", or because they find it "entertaining" or let's face it sometimes just to be downright nasty - sorry I find that difficult to empathize with. Thinking further ahead the problem with the people who aim solely to provoke for their own entertainment, without ever making any attempt at being constructive on their posts, is they just discourage other more constructive posters, who in turn just leave.

Seems like you take the intentions behind peoples posts very serious as if there is some thought going on. Posts are instantaineous blurbs which will disappear in a few weeks time or less. Basically meaningless. Posters in "the majority" on an issue, i.e. followers of the mods politically correct mantra, will trash another "minority poster" to make themselves feel big and mighty. This is what is going on. The biggest joke about TV is some sods trying to maintain a political correctness to what are essentially momentary and meaningless comments while the mod wanabees follow on. Reality my man.

>>>>Pepe- I have cut and paste this paragraph. Truely destined to become a classic for a board reality check.

---------------------------

Wow! Takes a Jersey boy to tell it like it is. Your like a fcking mind reader man. I have got to cut and save this somewhere. It just about exactly what I have been feeling.

Thanks for having the balls and clarity to say it.

Hope you don't get "put in the corner."... :D

Not really. I live a pretty much live and let live life. Nor am I a fan of political correctness. If you thought about it for a minute, you'd see "live and let" live is pretty much the opposite of "political correctness". Someone wants to drink a lot, spend their times in bars, see women 25 years younger than them, that's up to them. Life's one big playground for us all to enjoy, as we see fit. All this can be done without deliberately setting out insult and provoke other people. That's the bit where I draw my line.

For the minority who just want to flame and insult, my view would be set up their own part of the forum, and let them get on with it. That way they can post things like:

"What's the matter Pepe mate, not getting enough in the US, because you couldn't cut it in Thailand, so need to take a go at others who are enjoying themselves here. How long since you've been laid now?

>>>Pepe Now that is funny and bizzare. If I was getting any more I would need oxygen...

Make it in Thailand. I was doing Thailand when you were pissing in your pants kid.

or

"Hey JimmyCA time you changed your blue dress and got that hair of yours cut. Understand what you're doing in Pattaya and why you're in Thailand's sleaze capital, but give the rest of us a break. Guess with the momentary and meaningless attention span you mentioned, you keep forgetting"

You can have a laugh without deliberately setting out to attack people, and if you want to have a go at people, do it in a place with other like minded people. Would take the jokes section on here over the trolls any day. :D

>>>Pepe You are good for a laugh. In person you'd be sing a very different tune my friend.

Fortunately for you none of this is real... :D

The problem is when these overlap. Those people who set out to insult and provoke others, just haven't learned that life's moved on from the school playground. That's the bit that causes us all to lose out, as good threads get cut, or hijacked, and people just lose interest and leave before they get off the ground sometimes.

To be honest the trolls also just get sad and boring, coming out with their clubs to insult. Then saying 1) touched a nerve 2) you seem insecure 3) don't worry. Pretty childish, and just takes away from the freedom of the rest of us. Shame also they can't see they're the real ones taking away the freedom on TV. Behave like adults you get treated like one, and don't need moderator/ parental supervision. Unfortunately when you don't we all suffer. But if that's what you want to do, go for it. Just do it somewhere else. Like it or not TV and the mods have set a few rules. I don't agree with them all, but if I want to use their forum, least I can do is respect them.

I'd prefer not to have moderators at all to be honest, but that's not going to happen while the minority of people you spoke of aren't able to draw a few lines for themselves. Gets annoying sometimes that mods close some threads that look harmless or fun. On the whole though, they do a decent job. If they weren't there, the minorities you speak of would just flame, insult, creat legal problems, push it further each day, and ultimately we'd either lose a decent forum or have it taken away. I'd rather have a few minority d#*kheads banned instead. :o

-------------------

Hopefully it starts with you... :D

Sad that you find other people's issues/ problems / unhappiness in life entertaining. People like yourself are reasons why I sometimes lose interest in TV. I can usually empathize with most people no matter where they are from and what they have done right/ wrong. The exceptions tend to be 1) pyschopaths or 2) people like you, who have to look down on others or enjoy their problems. I can't empathize with either of these types. It leaves little common ground to agree with you, even if your point(s) is/are valid.

Next thing you guys will say is you've touched a nerve if someone responds to you who disagrees. To preempt that, let me say: Overall none of those issues you raised are significant issues in my life at the moment. I'm pretty happy with my life in Thailand, and I guess because of that I don't feel a need to put down people who do have issues. I have a lovely family here; good job; nice wife; no (current) problems with visa; some understanding of the culture etc.

It's not a perfect country though and I think highlghting some of the ways it could be improved is worthwhile. Some posts I agree with some I don't. What I don't agree with is people who dismiss other people's lifestyles and try to pick holes in them if someone is happy, or belittle those who have issues, but are otherwise decent people.

The day you get your happiness out of other people's unhappiness, is the day to move on... :o

That's just such a great reply, i think i can learn some thing from that myself! I'm gonna read it again.

Why does Thailand seem to attract so many BNP supporting mouth breathers?

Don't they get the irony when they are living in Thailand complaining about Immigrants to the UK?

I don't think they get anything, never mind Irony - not unless they are told how to get it by the Daily Mail.

Don't they get the irony when they are living in Thailand complaining about Immigrants to the UK?

I don't think they get anything, never mind Irony - not unless they are told how to get it by the Daily Mail.

The Daily Mail is too upmarket for those types. Try the Daily Star or Sport on Sunday ( aliens ate my hamster ! etc etc etc )

Touche..

You'll find these sorts complaining wherever they may be.

Like a dog with fleas moving from one spot to the next to get rid of his itch, little does he know that the fleas are with him wherever he goes.. :o

…. OK I accept, perhaps you are having it a bit tougher than most because you didn’t pay attention at school – but who’s fault is that?

No-ones....in fact I'm doing a lot better than those who DID pay attention at school, or even ,went to school. :D

I'll second that as though I paid too much attention at school, I still got sht grades when it came to the exams.

I did ok in life after that though (so far touch wood!) but not because of some GCSE grades either :o

I tend to notice a lot that goes on with the Thai people, the way they work and do things I see in day to day life here.

Some things will always get the backs up some of the major whiners and whingers, one example being the traffic.

For me it's a thrill being on dangerous roads with free-style antics of the freedom loving thais. Yup I might be road crazy but I enjoy the danger that goes with being in Thailand.

So many people back in Europe have lost the 'get-up-and-go, happy-go-lucky groove' that the thais often show and it is this aspect of the thais that can usually be the source of the complainers ire.

But whinging and complaining is a necessary thing! It keeps others aware of whats going on and about certain things.

Too much of it is a drag, I agree. Whenever there is a complaint there is usually an answer! If they don't want to listen then fine, but thats the way I deal with it.

I always think that the day I see or hear no complainers or whingers in the bars and on TV is the day I start to worry about alien body-snatchers or government mind control, or something equally gimpish :D

…. OK I accept, perhaps you are having it a bit tougher than most because you didn’t pay attention at school – but who’s fault is that?

No-ones....in fact I'm doing a lot better than those who DID pay attention at school, or even ,went to school. :D

I'll second that as though I paid too much attention at school, I still got sht grades when it came to the exams.

I did ok in life after that though (so far touch wood!) but not because of some GCSE grades either :o

I tend to notice a lot that goes on with the Thai people, the way they work and do things I see in day to day life here.

Some things will always get the backs up some of the major whiners and whingers, one example being the traffic.

For me it's a thrill being on dangerous roads with free-style antics of the freedom loving thais. Yup I might be road crazy but I enjoy the danger that goes with being in Thailand.

So many people back in Europe have lost the 'get-up-and-go, happy-go-lucky groove' that the thais often show and it is this aspect of the thais that can usually be the source of the complainers ire.

But whinging and complaining is a necessary thing! It keeps others aware of whats going on and about certain things.

Too much of it is a drag, I agree. Whenever there is a complaint there is usually an answer! If they don't want to listen then fine, but thats the way I deal with it.

I always think that the day I see or hear no complainers or whingers in the bars and on TV is the day I start to worry about alien body-snatchers or government mind control, or something equally gimpish :D

well said , it is just the way it is .

Why can't peeps accept that Thailand is same same the curates egg? Some of it is good, some bad. You all will have your own ideas on the proportions of each. I realised early on that this was not Paradise and that there was nothing that I could do to make it so. Hence my response to things that irk me is to raise my eyes to heaven and utter the well worn phrase "This is Thailand" with a good measure of exasperation. This usually causes Thais with earshot to grin and if they can put up with the frustrations then so can I, after all their lot is usually a whole lot worse than mine.

To those who whinge continually might I suggest a little proaction and that they get off their backsides and do something about whatever offends or dissatisfies them? What is truly galling is that they offer no practical ideas or methodology to bring change about. All that they offer is 'hot air' and thus cannot be taken seriously. Nobody, however broad minded they say they are, will endure that for long and simply switch off making the exercise pointless.

The banter about the UK seems to miss the point. Immigrants are immigrants and over the past centuries the UK has shown a profit on the deal as have the US, Australasia and South Africa. What is happening now though is colonisation of Western Europe and the same process is on the cards for the rest of the 'civilised world'. The peoples seeking a better life are bringing their own cultures and laws and want us to change ours to accommodate them. They are also out breeding the locals making the exercise appear, to me at least, like a take over. What are the odds on the UK being a Moslem country in the next 50 years or so? The lingua franca of Florida now seems to be Spanish. Thailand it seems is not willing to go down that track and why should they?

My life in Thailand is much richer and satisfying than it could be in the UK and I am grateful (to a degree) to successive Governments for allowing me to make my home here.

Moslem is an alternative spelling of the word Muslim. It is commonly accepted most intelligent people - and the OED. Please note the juvenile spelling mistake in your penultimate word. The correct spelling is TOO. :o

I doubt that I can learn much from somebody who pays big bucks to watch 11 hooligans sporting funny haircuts (and that is the only sporting thing about them) kicking a bladder around a field. Apparently you don't even have the nous to catch a bus down the road to the Emirates stadium to see how the game should be played.

^ :o

I think TV should have one official whinge thread where people can let off steam without being criticised for it. All other complaint threads will get E R A D I C A T E D! :D

I ran one such a little while ago, Eek.

It didn't run for long, not many people want to whinge when they think nobody's listening.

^ :D

I think TV should have one official whinge thread where people can let off steam without being criticised for it. All other complaint threads will get E R A D I C A T E D! :D

I ran one such a little while ago, Eek.

It didn't run for long, not many people want to whinge when they think nobody's listening.

Sunshine pours over my skin

Warms my insides from within

Muscles relaxed under noonday sun

Removes anxiety once begun

Limbs flail like a rag doll

Leaves one limp like alcohol

A cool breeze touches my soul

In this place, Playa de Sol

Children cavort in the waves

Oblivious to nights that follow days

Sand castles succumb to tides

Before the sun begins to hide

Moonlit sky directs two lovers

Walking the beach with one another

Red wine warms the two

Before the sky turns to blue

Lone footprints mark the trail

Before fishing boats set sail

Their walk awaits the refrain

Of a breakfast feast of harvest grain

Morning air fills their soul

As they look upon the sandy shore

Another day beckons the two

To count their blessings with life renewed

poems by A. Keith Barton

Have a nice day in paradise Thailand

Sawasdee Krap

back to the topic gentlemen! any suggestions what we can complain, whine or whinge about?

Them what have poor grammer and are bad spellars?

vee shoodd nodd komplain to mutch about zem bad spellars. kvite offen ze spelling misstakes are zomehow amusing alzough i admit zere are zome bozzering misstakes made vonce in a vhile vitch kan drive me nucking futs.

letz ollvays keep in mind zat for zome of us ze enklish lankvitch is not ze mozzer tong.