Complainers

siamamerican

Ex pat complainers is one of the reasons I enjoy this thread.

* Thais treat us like second class citizens.

Really? As a whole I was treated with undeserved respect. I wonder how so many are mistreated. Could it be that they misbehave and feel they are above Thais criticizing them.

*Thais look down on their Thai wifes.

Now this is an issue and in most cases not deserved. Just as it would be wrong in the other countries to look down young women with much older men. This is not a Thai characteristic. It also happens in America. How do many of the patrons at a restaurant in America view a 50 year old man with a 25 year old Thai wife? People in general have issues with these type of relationships.

* Thai visa hassles.

Hmmm, other countries don't have visa regs? In most 1st world countries, it would be difficult to get longterm visas (90 -1 yr), but in Thailand it is EASY. If you need to stay longer, it is not that hard if you can show that you have a little money. Even if you don't have money with little effort, you can figure out a way to stay for years.

*Thai girls are only after money.

If the your first date began with a bar fine, what the heck do you expect. Even some of these dates turn into good relationships, but you have to be a little mentally challenged to not understand the starting foundation of the relationship.

*Thais drink too much and are lazy.

Many Farangs are drunks and have few motivations.

Anyhow, keep the complaints coming. They are entertaining.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad that you find other people's issues/ problems / unhappiness in life entertaining. People like yourself are reasons why I sometimes lose interest in TV. I can usually empathize with most people no matter where they are from and what they have done right/ wrong. The exceptions tend to be 1) pyschopaths or 2) people like you, who have to look down on others or enjoy their problems. I can't empathize with either of these types. It leaves little common ground to agree with you, even if your point(s) is/are valid.

Next thing you guys will say is you've touched a nerve if someone responds to you who disagrees. To preempt that, let me say: Overall none of those issues you raised are significant issues in my life at the moment. I'm pretty happy with my life in Thailand, and I guess because of that I don't feel a need to put down people who do have issues. I have a lovely family here; good job; nice wife; no (current) problems with visa; some understanding of the culture etc.

It's not a perfect country though and I think highlghting some of the ways it could be improved is worthwhile. Some posts I agree with some I don't. What I don't agree with is people who dismiss other people's lifestyles and try to pick holes in them if someone is happy, or belittle those who have issues, but are otherwise decent people.

The day you get your happiness out of other people's unhappiness, is the day to move on... :o

Edited by fletchthai68

Sad that you find other people's issues/ problems / unhappiness in life entertaining. People like yourself are reasons why I sometimes lose interest in TV. I can usually empathize with most people no matter where they are from and what they have done right/ wrong. The exceptions tend to be 1) pyschopaths or 2) people like you, who have to look down on others or enjoy their problems. I can't empathize with either of these types. It leaves little common ground to agree with you, even if your point(s) is/are valid.

Next thing you guys will say is you've touched a nerve if someone responds to you who disagrees. To preempt that, let me say: Overall none of those issues you raised are significant issues in my life at the moment. I'm pretty happy with my life in Thailand, and I guess because of that I don't feel a need to put down people who do have issues. I have a lovely family here; good job; nice wife; no (current) problems with visa; some understanding of the culture etc.

It's not a perfect country though and I think highlghting some of the ways it could be improved is worthwhile. Some posts I agree with some I don't. What I don't agree with is people who dismiss other people's lifestyles and try to pick holes in them if someone is happy, or belittle those who have issues, but are otherwise decent people.

The day you get your happiness out of other people's unhappiness, is the day to move on... :D

Hear! Hear! Fletch. Jolly good reply to the OP :o

The day you get your happiness out of other people's unhappiness, is the day to move on... :o

Your post should the topic insead of the OP's .

I am not biting into his bait . :D

The Brits taught me an interesting word. Whinge. Whinger sounds more descriptive than complainers. Some people actually enjoy whinging and no matter how good they have it they will always be whingers.

Then we have the paranoid group. That group is alway looking for supposed slights. They worry about everyone trying to cheat them in one way or another. It's not healthy to be paranoid, better to be a whinger. :o

The Brits taught me an interesting word. Whinge. Whinger sounds more descriptive than complainers. Some people actually enjoy whinging and no matter how good they have it they will always be whingers.

Then we have the paranoid group. That group is alway looking for supposed slights. They worry about everyone trying to cheat them in one way or another. It's not healthy to be paranoid, better to be a whinger. :D

Oh how true :o

Then we have the paranoid group. That group is alway looking for supposed slights. They worry about everyone trying to cheat them in one way or another. It's not healthy to be paranoid, better to be a whinger. :o

:D :D :D

If you need to stay longer, it is not that hard if you can show that you have a little money. Even if you don't have money with little effort, you can figure out a way to stay for years

Kind of a sour post, but anyway, Mr. Visa Expert, as this is Thaivisa.com please spread your wisdom on how someone under 50 without money can stay here for years with a little effort considering the new era of 30 day stamp day counting, crackdowns on easy O visas, and tourist visa limitations. I really want to hear this!

Edited by Jingthing

* Thai visa hassles.

Rather short list.

That's all you can come up with ? :o

Let me see.....

Not going to make your day :D

and we have the "whyers" who keep on asking (most of the time) silly rhetoric questions starting with "why is it..."

and we have the "whyers" who keep on asking (most of the time) silly rhetoric questions starting with "why is it..."

:D:D:D

Good post :o

see post like this every week ,they always turn into a slanging match .......

Hopfully not this time. Threads like this are fun reading. But if someone over steps the mark these good, funny threads get closed down. Play nice.

Really? As a whole I was treated with undeserved respect. I wonder how so many are mistreated. Could it be that they misbehave and feel they are above Thais criticizing them.

Now this is an issue and in most cases not deserved. Just as it would be wrong in the other countries to look down young women with much older men. This is not a Thai characteristic. It also happens in America. How do many of the patrons at a restaurant in America view a 50 year old man with a 25 year old Thai wife? People in general have issues with these type of relationships.

* Thai visa hassles.

Hmmm, other countries don't have visa regs? In most 1st world countries, it would be difficult to get longterm visas (90 -1 yr), but in Thailand it is EASY. If you need to stay longer, it is not that hard if you can show that you have a little money. Even if you don't have money with little effort, you can figure out a way to stay for years.

If the your first date began with a bar fine, what the heck do you expect. Even some of these dates turn into good relationships, but you have to be a little mentally challenged to not understand the starting foundation of the relationship.

Many Farangs are drunks and have few motivations.

Thais treat us like second class citizens: Are you a Thai citizen? I wouldn't brag about undeserved respect. If I feel someone is mistreating me I remove myself from their proximity.

Thais look down on their wives: Some probably do.

Thai visa hassles: They are a hassle, just cause you can find worse examples doesn't make them good.

Thai women are only after money: Most women are only after money. Not a new discovery.

Thais drink too much and are lazy: From what I see, Thais do drink too much, but I don't care. As far as work, busting ass, as we say is not a common practice. I see many Farangs who equally drink too much, I also don't care. I think both groups should watch their health more. Of course I smoke, therefore I don't take my own advise.

It's human nature to complain about stuff, especially when something goes wrong, rubs against the grain, or your under the weather. Are you one of those happy, happy people, where everything is wonderful? When someone runs into your car you smile, and take them out to lunch. When you step into dog shit, you buy a lotto ticket, cause you now feel lucky. I don't think so, but then again I've met many odd types of people.

If you need to stay longer, it is not that hard if you can show that you have a little money. Even if you don't have money with little effort, you can figure out a way to stay for years

Kind of a sour post, but anyway, Mr. Visa Expert, as this is Thaivisa.com please spread your wisdom on how someone under 50 without money can stay here for years with a little effort considering the new era of 30 day stamp day counting, crackdowns on easy O visas, and tourist visa limitations. I really want to hear this!

It's a crying shame UK hadn't adopted these visa regulations a couple of decades back. We might have had a decent country to return to then.

It's a crying shame UK hadn't adopted these visa regulations a couple of decades back. We might have had a decent country to return to then.

are you saying you havn't got a decent country to return to 555555555555555555555555

Followed closely by the "when-I's". When I was in Phuket/Samui/Cambodia/Laos-you name it!

And the UK and Thailand are similar countries IN WHAT WAYS???????~~~~~!!!!!!!

That was the point . Please engage brain before opening mouth...........................in no ways. That's why it's nice to have a decent country to go back to. Somewhere different. England now is overun with jobless immigrants (ah, sorry. That is like Thailand)

I have a Business in the UK, every day get the same old people in, whinging about the weather, the price of things, you name it they whinge about it, i overcharged one guy by a penny, he moaned if he had just lost a million bucks, i gave it him back and told him put it towards your pension, it is the same the world over, always the same people complaining, they come to Thailand moaning "its to hot" the foods to spicy, when they are in the UK they are moaning its to cold, cannot please everyone.

But that is life for some people and we have to put up with it.

And the UK and Thailand are similar countries IN WHAT WAYS???????~~~~~!!!!!!!

That was the point . Please engage brain before opening mouth...........................in no ways. That's why it's nice to have a decent country to go back to. Somewhere different. England now is overun with jobless immigrants (ah, sorry. That is like Thailand)

Jobless imigrants.........? Jobless ferangs kept by the taxpayer who do not want to work just claim benifits,single mothers getting a bun in the oven for more doe off mr Brown, no he is not the father, he is the godfather, he thinks he is.

Most of the polish in the UK work and are good workers, i cannot get british part time staff, as they are not interested in working as get to much cash of the state for doing F-All, i have two polish girls working for me and they are superb, i pay them 6 pounds per hour.

There are also immigrants that are sucking off the government, but you can only blame one person for this, that is the blair government and now Brown, for letting them in, in the first place, they should be made to work and pay UK tax whilst here.

Edited by Thaicoon

My thoughts are this

I have very rarely had any reason to believe Thais are rude to me or my wife who is from Buriram,

They respect us and out thoughts as we do theirs

One thing we must realise is in my opinion Thai's and Thailand is forging forward in so many ways, so much faster than us here in the Uk all we seam to do is go screaming backwards as a country of ungrateful disrespectful people, in fact England is not really even England now.

There is a reason I think the Thai's may look down on people occasionally that is normally embarrassed for the way we foreigners behave when we are in their country.

I guess they call it ''face''.

Goes down to one word we often forget RESPECT.

Why is it that these posts always wind up with someone whinging about immigrants to the UK (Complete with the usual helping of BNP BS)

I love the irony of it – Has it dawned on the Little Englanders around here that ThaiVisa’s membership is largely made up of people who are immigrants to Thailand, want to be immigrants to Thailand and/or who took Thai wives back home as immigrants to their own nation.

Look, if you can’t keep up with the way life in the UK (actually life everywhere) is changing, quit blaming immigrants, who as has been stated above, are by and large harder working and more willing to work than the indigenous ‘Hand-Out Britons’ and get your bum in gear and make your own life…. OK I accept, perhaps you are having it a bit tougher than most because you didn’t pay attention at school – but who’s fault is that?