Thai Women Rule, Really!

Pepe'

My sister in law just left San Diego after what was supposed to be a one week visit

that was extended a couple of weeks. No proplem with that as she 's gorgeous speaks good english and has a dynamite personality

She was in From Quebec, Canada and we just had a blast while she was here.

As it turnered out though shortly after returning to Quebec she informed her husband that she wanted to move to San Diego and my wife informed me that we are going to put a 1400 sf addition on out home that her sister was going to rent from us.

Well not exactly like that. My wifes sister and husband are fairly well to do and we've got one of those unusual lot's in San Diego That's quite large for being in the city.

So it would be a good investment to build out on our uwn property and no problem for my sister in law to get six month visas and spend alot of time here.

She says she will not to another Canadian winter, last year was her fifth.

Bottom line we will not be making the big move. In one sense I'm glad in another, oh well time will tell.

One thing though when those girls made up their minds they got real focused fast.

I was looking for an apartment for her as she's returning on the 23rd and allready spoke with an architect about our starting to draw our plans here.

I was actually looking forward to meeting some of you and of course planned to taste some good Napa "Cabs." with Doctor P.

Oh well these days I 'm starting to feel like I'm just along for the ride.

Yeah mabey it's not a bad idea to sit back and let a couple of hard working beautiful Thai girls run the show.

Mabey I'll visit sooner Thailand sooner :o than I think

My sister in law just left San Diego after what was supposed to be a one week visit

that was extended a couple of weeks. No proplem with that as she 's gorgeous speaks good english and has a dynamite personality

She was in From Quebec, Canada and we just had a blast while she was here.

As it turnered out though shortly after returning to Quebec she informed her husband that she wanted to move to San Diego and my wife informed me that we are going to put a 1400 sf addition on out home that her sister was going to rent from us.

Well not exactly like that. My wifes sister and husband are fairly well to do and we've got one of those unusual lot's in San Diego That's quite large for being in the city.

So it would be a good investment to build out on our uwn property and no problem for my sister in law to get six month visas and spend alot of time here.

She says she will not to another Canadian winter, last year was her fifth.

Bottom line we will not be making the big move. In one sense I'm glad in another, oh well time will tell.

One thing though when those girls made up their minds they got real focused fast.

I was looking for an apartment for her as she's returning on the 23rd and allready spoke with an architect about our starting to draw our plans here.

I was actually looking forward to meeting some of you and of course planned to taste some good Napa "Cabs." with Doctor P.

Oh well these days I 'm starting to feel like I'm just along for the ride.

Yeah mabey it's not a bad idea to sit back and let a couple of hard working beautiful Thai girls run the show.

Mabey I'll visit sooner Thailand sooner :o than I think

Spent 7 years in San Diego. How I miss that weather. What were your plans? To come live in Thailand or just visit.

I was hoping to semiretire after the the first of the year. "The plans of mice and men."

We've crunched the numbers and I can cut back work and still live in "Paradise."

For now we'll still visit atleast once per year. :o

Sorry to hear you wont be going to LOS to live Pepe. I would be crazy out of my mind if someone told me I had to stay in SoCal. Lived there long enough and cant stand the place. Weather is the only thing its got going for it IMO but, if you dont mind it, or even like the place, good luck to you.

Sorry to hear you wont be going to LOS to live Pepe. I would be crazy out of my mind if someone told me I had to stay in SoCal. Lived there long enough and cant stand the place. Weather is the only thing its got going for it IMO but, if you dont mind it, or even like the place, good luck to you.

I hear you. I mostly work out of my home office these days and my life/driving is designed around traffic.

Basically I avoid peak times like the plague and really rarely drive in traffic.

I do like San Diego, I've been here for 20 years and I do have a great piece of property that's 30 minutes from Mexico :o

I am always with you... :D

Pepe

You can do worse than having lovely Thai ladies

taking care of everything as long as you control

the purse strings. You will get to BKK one day

I expect.

I lived in San Diego in the early 70's. Pacific Beach.

It is hard to find a nicer place to live in my opinion.

They had an expression back then .....

"If God has a 2nd home in the US, it is in San Diego"

True, living costs are high. But the weather cannot

be beat. 300 cloudless, 71 degrees with a light breeze

days a year. I am from the Northeast, so playing tennis

at 8pm at night in a short sleeve shirt in the middle

of December is heaven.

Now I live in Bangkok and except for the humidity,

love it too.

:o:D

Pepe: The house expansion plan is nothing but good. With house costs so high in San Diego, enlarging brings expotentially higher re-sale value, as long as the remodel follows the original house design and doesn't look like an "add-on".

Curiiosty was raised with your statement that your 30 mininutes from Mexico and still live "in the city". How is this possible, unless your talking about in one of the suburbs south of downtown?

I lived there in the 50's and have visited many time, but not for five years. I was one of those who correctly pre-dicted that LA to San Diego would be a megalopolis, but didn't buy land there when it was cheap. I suspect, from the renovated downtown to Mexico is just continuous city by now?

Pepe: The house expansion plan is nothing but good. With house costs so high in San Diego, enlarging brings expotentially higher re-sale value, as long as the remodel follows the original house design and doesn't look like an "add-on".

Curiiosty was raised with your statement that your 30 mininutes from Mexico and still live "in the city". How is this possible, unless your talking about in one of the suburbs south of downtown?

I lived there in the 50's and have visited many time, but not for five years. I was one of those who correctly pre-dicted that LA to San Diego would be a megalopolis, but didn't buy land there when it was cheap. I suspect, from the renovated downtown to Mexico is just continuous city by now?

PTE,

I live in North Clairemont which is 17 miles from the border.

It is 30 minutes, with the hammer down " to TJ from door to boarder.

Megalopolis?, Kind of sort of. As you know San Diego is a unique place.

Places that you would not have given a second look in Chula Vista or El Cahon are now becoming untouchable. :o

Pepe

You can do worse than having lovely Thai ladies

taking care of everything as long as you control

the purse strings. You will get to BKK one day

I expect.

I lived in San Diego in the early 70's. Pacific Beach.

It is hard to find a nicer place to live in my opinion.

They had an expression back then .....

"If God has a 2nd home in the US, it is in San Diego"

True, living costs are high. But the weather cannot

be beat. 300 cloudless, 71 degrees with a light breeze

days a year. I am from the Northeast, so playing tennis

at 8pm at night in a short sleeve shirt in the middle

of December is heaven.

Now I live in Bangkok and except for the humidity,

love it too.

:o:D

PB is just down the hill. 10 minutes?

I did see it in the 70's when I was on leave from the USN. I never forgot it.

Moved here in 1985 been here ever since.

Between my wife and her sister I can cut back on working which was ans is the real bottom line for me.

I just didn't see how to do it here. With land and good family in Thailand it seemed like a logical choice.

the girls want to stay in San Diego though. I sure "haven't missed much" in my life

so I'm happy to let them have their turn at it.

Fortunately my sister inlaw is fairly well to do, which makes things alot easier, and I'm happy to have someone else on the team. And she's a doll too.

I mostly work out of my home office these days and my life/driving is designed around traffic.

Basically I avoid peak times like the plague and really rarely drive in traffic.

Pepe, I am actually your neighbour, I can see you typing away on that keyboard from my office. I can't distinguish the brand of the bottle next to the monitor though. My eyesight is not what it was when I was younger.

Considering your above statement I'd suggest you remain safe and sound in San Diego. If you want to enjoy life and don't feel like experimenting how your body will react to various kinds of pollution it would be advisable to listen to your wife.

I mostly work out of my home office these days and my life/driving is designed around traffic.

Pepe, I am actually your neighbour, I can see you typing away on that keyboard from my office. I can't distinguish the brand of the bottle next to the monitor though. My eyesight is not what it was when I was younger.

Considering your above statement I'd suggest you remain safe and sound in San Diego. If you want to enjoy life and don't feel like experimenting how your body will react to various kinds of pollution it would be advisable to listen to your wife.

Hey Neighbor,

I thought I saw an Aussie flag waving in the distance.

Eyesight? I'm right behind you. I know I need glasses. At 52 I can still pass the DMV test but I've seriously been considering Lasix surgery or just plain old bifocals.

I've got an Aussie buddy in UTC. We used to do a lot of "drinkin' piss an' brawlin" in our younger days. Also spent alot of shore leave time with Aussie sailors while in the Phillipines and Japan. Man those were the days :D

A bunch of these guys are still playing Austrailian Rules football. I think they are the San Diego Tigers. Wild bunch.. They tried to recruit me some time ago. Fortunately I declined.

I've already got wires and screws in me from the American version of the game. :o

If your so inclined lets get together some time. Best way to get me is on my answering service, 858-271-2633.