Mobiles - 2 Lines On One Sim Or Call Forwarding

torrenova

I've a need to have a second mobile line but don't want a second mobile phone. I also need both lines in operation at the same time.

Now in the UK we could have this, easy.

Here, I've heard about 2 SIMs but you either have to cut them up or you cannot use one when using another.

So, the solution ?

Can we get 2nd line here with both online at the same time ?

If not, does anyone know the costs of line forwarding to the "active" phone ?

Using line 2 on a SIM card is a service that must be provided by the mobile operator. It is actually a translation done on thier switch. None of the mobile operators in Thailand that I am aware of provide this service.

Your only other option is to get a real 2 sim phone. This is a phone that actually has 2 complete phones inside of a single chassis. The only person I currently know of selling one of these phones that actually works are these guys:

http://www.2simphone.com/

They are expensive (about 19000+ baht), and they don't provide all the nice features of the Nokia you are using now. But they do work.

Barring this, you are reduced to call forwarding, as you mentioned. The cost is entirely dependent on your mobile package. You will be charged at standard rates for the forwardning service, as if you had actually dialed that number. Thus, if you are on a package that costs 1 baht per minute, you will be charged 1 baht per minute to forward the call.

Personally, for me, I just carry 2 phones. Much cheaper and easier.

I've a need to have a second mobile line but don't want a second mobile phone. I also need both lines in operation at the same time.

Here, I've heard about 2 SIMs but you either have to cut them up or you cannot use one when using another.

So, the solution ?

I once had a multi-sim card which was supposed to handle 2 lines.

As soon as I tried to clone my expensive (18K baht) AIS number onto the multi-sim, my AIS account was locked. Needless to say they didn't like this idea. And at the time it was so much of a pain in the butt to try and get service restored, I abandoned the number.

I think Greg is probably right.

Thanks guys.

The only things putting me off just doing the call forwarding thing is the inability to phone out from the other number (line 2) and the inability to see SMSs and take voicemails. I don't worry so much about the last two but just don't fancy getting another phone or more literally, carrying another phone around.

arent there phones that can handle 2 SIMs at the same time ? though not BOTH online at the same time, but u can switch from one to another. I am sure such thing exists in Europe, but I was too lazy to do more research so far....

I have the same problem, but not just 2 SIMs, I have 7 SIMs for my numbers in most south-east-asian countries. and I do have 6 phones for them, which is okay when I am in BKK at my home office, but really a hassle when I have to travel around.....

So, the solution ?

I once had a multi-sim card which was supposed to handle 2 lines.

As soon as I tried to clone my expensive (18K baht) AIS number onto the multi-sim, my AIS account was locked. Needless to say they didn't like this idea. And at the time it was so much of a pain in the butt to try and get service restored, I abandoned the number.

I think Greg is probably right.

i was in Carrefour Pattaya today and in the AIS shop there had a 2sim phone it was callad Infinity 2 sim in 1cost just over 6000 baht looked ok infinity call center 02-611-5588, 089-611-5588. hope that this helps you :o

I have 2 numbers on one sim.

This service is from AIS. Both numbers are open at the same time and phone calls can be received on either number. It's also easy to switch from one number to the other when making phone calls.

Hi.

There are "real" dual-SIM phones available in Mahboonkrong, they are, as already mentioned, from China and made to look like other popular phones, mostly Nokia. I have a friend in China who told me about those and he knows that they usually work quite well, however their standby-times are rather low as the phone basically incorporates two independent phones in one, sharing the display and loudspeaker/microphone and battery only. The software on those can at times be quirky too, also you will have no warranty (maybe the shop gives you one month or something like that).

There is a web site http://www.ipmart.com/main/page.php?page=h...92&cat=1758 which lists a bunch of such dual-SIM phones, some of which are available at MBK. You can also order from that website direct from China. They even have dual-mode phones that support CDMA and GSM in one, so one could use Hutch and D-TAC at the same time...... i'd be interested in one such :o

Best regards.....

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK