Police Lieutenant Allegedly Kills Police Lieutenant Colonel

sriracha john

Police lieutenant allegedly kills deputy station chief

A police lieutenant allegedly shot dead a deputy chief of a police station in Bangkok after his drinking was disrupted with the deputy's chief inspection to the shop late Monday night.

The shooting took place outside the Bang Yikhan station at 3:30 am Tuesday.

Pol Lt-Col Wirakorn Waiyawut, the deputy commander, was shot four times in his arm, body, leg and head and died at Siriraj Hospital.

Pol Maj Gen Jutti Thammanowanit, deputy metropolitan police commissioner, said Wirakorn was shot allegedly by Pol Lt Watcharin Rakprathoon, a deputy inspector for interrogation.

Police at the station said Watcharin was drinking with friends at the Isaan Therdtheng Shop late Monday night when Wirakorn came to the shop and ordered the shop to stop service immediately, saying the service time has run out.

The police sources said Watcharin became angry that he lost face and came back to the station and engaged in a quarrel with the deputy station chief.

The sources said Wirakorn challenged Watcharin to shoot him. Watcharin then shot Wirakon at his right arm and stood over his body and fired more three shots at his head, body, and leg before fleeing the scene.

- The Nation

Police lieutenant allegedly kills deputy station chief

A police lieutenant allegedly shot dead a deputy chief of a police station in Bangkok after his drinking was disrupted with the deputy's chief inspection to the shop late Monday night.

The shooting took place outside the Bang Yikhan station at 3:30 am Tuesday.

Pol Lt-Col Wirakorn Waiyawut, the deputy commander, was shot four times in his arm, body, leg and head and died at Siriraj Hospital.

Pol Maj Gen Jutti Thammanowanit, deputy metropolitan police commissioner, said Wirakorn was shot allegedly by Pol Lt Watcharin Rakprathoon, a deputy inspector for interrogation.

Police at the station said Watcharin was drinking with friends at the Isaan Therdtheng Shop late Monday night when Wirakorn came to the shop and ordered the shop to stop service immediately, saying the service time has run out.

The police sources said Watcharin became angry that he lost face and came back to the station and engaged in a quarrel with the deputy station chief.

The sources said Wirakorn challenged Watcharin to shoot him. Watcharin then shot Wirakon at his right arm and stood over his body and fired more three shots at his head, body, and leg before fleeing the scene.

- The Nation

and these people are the role models for the young thai's ,he alledgedly killed him ?if a civilian,the thread heading would read,man kills a policeman in cold blood :o

- The Nation

A somewhat dumb thing to do when confronted by a man pissed up and waving a gun. I suppose his defence will be that he was only following orders.

errr...Never.

Try eradicating a deep rooted asian cultural aspect. hel_l will freeze over before this and with all this global warming, even less chance of that happening these days.

if i shot someone everytime i lost face ,there would be 1000s of people 6 feet under and i would be doing life behind bars ,i've eaten humble pie many times .

errr...Never.

Try eradicating a deep rooted asian cultural aspect. hel_l will freeze over before this and with all this global warming, even less chance of that happening these days.

whilst I understand your reply , I disagree ,

with-out education we ( WASP's ) would still be burning witch's at the stake .

I really wish I could suggest something that might have even a slight effect on ameliorating such problems, but I don't.

Even if the police corps hired someone cool-headed like me to address cops - it wouldn't do any good. Besides getting laughed at for saying things like "don't allow yourself to get offended so easily" my suggestions would go in one ear and out the other.

On a similar topic, whatever happened in the case (about 8 months ago) where the girl got her arm hacked off by off-duty cops? I assume there was a payoff to her for hush money, but haven't heard anything since the news splashed over the front pages.

Personally I consider making "RIP and condolences to the family" posts in an internet forum that is almost 100% certain to be not read by the folks concerned a rather pointless exercise except to massage the poster's own image and ego.

IMPO

It is about sparing a thought for other people, regardless of race.

Personally I consider making "RIP and condolences to the family" posts in an internet forum that is almost 100% certain to be not read by the folks concerned a rather pointless exercise except to massage the poster's own image and ego.

Actually, I also dont normaly (not that I think it has anything to do with ego) however there is alot of other people who do.

Edited by madjbs

- The Nation

A somewhat dumb thing to do when confronted by a man pissed up and waving a gun. I suppose his defence will be that he was only following orders.

Thing is, anywhere else in the world a cop being armed and pissed would be a once-only occurance, he'd be in civvies without a gun immediately (except USA of course, but that's another story). If Thailand would start taking those pissed-up cops out of circulations a lot of murders could be avoided.

- The Nation

I recall reading a study of homicide in the US and being surprised at the relatively high number (a figure I do not recall) of murders in which the victim challenged the murderer to do just that. Examples were very similar to this situation, things like "You don't have the guts", "You wouldn't dare", "Go ahead and shoot you XXXX", etc. Famous last words.

errr...Never.

whilst I understand your reply , I disagree ,

with-out education we ( WASP's ) would still be burning witch's at the stake .

I agree. Its maybe time that the cultural deficiency known as "face" was superseded by something a little more functional these days. Seems that the amount of "face" involved is sometimes inversely proportional to the lack of effort, ability, or proficiency its trying to cover. :o

Police search for officer who shot boss dead

Four special police teams have been set to hunt down a police investigator who remained at large after killing his superior early yesterday morning. Pol Lt Watcharin Rakpratum shot Pol Lt-Col Weerakorn Waiyawut, deputy crime suppression chief, four times in the torso, arm, leg and head at the station around 3.30am. Watcharin drove away from the scene in a pick-up truck. Metropolitan Police Bureau commissioner Assawin Khwanmueng said an arrest warrant had been issued by a court for the policeman, who was sacked yesterday. Watcharin was at Isan Terd Terng cafe when a patrol police officer, at Weerakorn's order, arrived at 1.30am to order the cafe closed. Night entertainment spots are required by law to shut down at 1am. Pol Col Bandit said the police investigator was working undercover there along with Pol Sgt Supan Saisee, as they were trying to snare a supplier of crystal amphetamine. When Watcharin returned to the station to ask about the order, Weerakorn accused Watcharin of having a good time and not working, and an argument ensued. Bandit said Watcharin drew his gun and started shooting after Weerakorn challenged him.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/17Oct2007_news07.php

=====================

Bizarre story.... not the least of which is a Police Colonel with the name of Bandit.

Edited by sriracha john

How does ANY shooter in a police station get away?

my guess is that he left by the front door .... :o

now we have to hold our collective breath, till we know whether the perp's godfather carries more weight than the victim's g-father :D

Edited by Payboy