Thai Airways B-777 Interior Unveiled

think_too_mut

While A-380 is great, for long time to come most of us are stuck with what's been around for 10+ years.

I had bad luck to get onto TG644 BKK-NGO 2 weeks ago. The seats on that particular B777 (HS-TJE) were thin and felt like made for Asian body size. Just over 5 hours flight was bearable, can't imagine more than that.

There was a story that initially all TG B777s were fitted with seats made by a local contractor and that re-fitting them with real ones was in progress. I have been on 4 777s so far, this one was the most spartan.

http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b777-27730.htm

post-7277-1192582654_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1192582669_thumb.jpg

Edited by think_too_mut

While A-380 is great, for long time to come most of us are stuck with what's been around for 10+ years.

I had bad luck to get onto TG644 BKK-NGO 2 weeks ago. The seats on that particular B777 (HS-TJE) were thin and felt like made for Asian body size. Just over 5 hours flight was bearable, can't imagine more than that.

There was a story that initially all TG B777s were fitted with seats made by a local contractor and that re-fitting them with real ones was in progress. I have been on 4 777s so far, this one was the most spartan.

<a href="http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b777-27730.htm" target="_blank">http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b777-27730.htm</a>

They used similar fitted out 777 on the BKK to Kathmandu leg when I travelled it in 2004, the seats lack any kind of padding for the arse cheeks! BKK to Kathmandu is only 3 and bit hours but I was squirming for about 2 hours of it. Probably the most uncomfortable aircraft seats I've ever experienced - even worse than BA and that's saying something!!!!

Those seats looks scary close to each other. I'm 1.92m tall and have quite long legs. Many airlines are a nightmare for me on long flights because I hit the seat in front of me with my legs, which causes the person in front of me also some discomfort because they cannot put their seat down.

:o

Those seats looks scary close to each other. I'm 1.92m tall and have quite long legs. Many airlines are a nightmare for me on long flights because I hit the seat in front of me with my legs, which causes the person in front of me also some discomfort because they cannot put their seat down.

:o

2 years younger, HS-TKD has regular seats.

Operated TG644 a few days earlier, same route.

post-7277-1192680829_thumb.jpg