Padi Open Water Dive Manual

Ian223

...anyone have a used one they're interested in selling, or know where I could pick up one relatively cheaply in BKK? Checked a few of the dive shops here, and the going rate is 3000 THB, which seem a bit steep.

...anyone have a used one they're interested in selling, or know where I could pick up one relatively cheaply in BKK? Checked a few of the dive shops here, and the going rate is 3000 THB, which seem a bit steep.

PADI books are always over priced, no way around it I'm afraid.

Keep in mind that new PADI OW manuals are bundled with a plastic card containing the RDP table, so if you do find a used one and the price seems good in relation to the cost of a new manual, make sure that the RDP card is included. Those plastic cards are always quite expensive, and the price of any manual that has one (or more) plastic cards reflects both the cost of the book and the cost of the card.

• 3 years later...

at 3000 baht it should also include the certification fee

anyway if you still need one pm me and i will sort one out for you at a proper price or the multimedia cd one which is even better if you have a pc

Attention this is very important.

Having the book with the certification fee, you should get the certification cheaper.

BUT if you buy a book (+certification card) in Europe you can't use it in Thailand.

Carefully on that issue or you loose money.

at 3000 baht it should also include the certification fee

anyway if you still need one pm me and i will sort one out for you at a proper price or the multimedia cd one which is even better if you have a pc

Attention this is very important.

Having the book with the certification fee, you should get the certification cheaper.

BUT if you buy a book (+certification card) in Europe you can't use it in Thailand.

Carefully on that issue or you loose money.

Is this book and certification card not the same in the uk?i was thinking of buying the book so i could read it before i get to thailand to learn a bit while here?

You can purchase the PADI manual in England if you like but make sure you get the PIC card with it, or you will have to buy that again when you get here.

Yours,

Jim Donaldson of big blue divng o no koh tao

This is What i got from the diving centre BIG BLUE DIVE

Yes you can, no problem at all.

Thanks stevenl thought so heard that just h90 said no so it had me thinking lol.

Yes you can, no problem at all.

I got specific warned against it, as the certification cards for Asia and Europe are not the same. You can't send the European one to Australia.

If that changed it would be nice.

It's most likely changed since all PADI offices (except for the Japan office) are now re-united again under the PADI America's banner and no separate franchise offices are around anymore, with the exception of PADI Japan.