Hello!

It appears that some other members on this fourm are in the process or recently completed building a new home.

I am curious. What did you build and what did it cost you?

Of-course you can be general and Im not really interested in the price of the land but the building it self. So come one, tell me...

All braggers welcome :o

Thanks, Hello Hello

Earlier this year, my wife built a "bungalow" on her parent's land for us to use when we visit them. It is a single room with a built in closet and western style bathroom. My wife selected all of the building materials and hired local workers (in Phatthalung) and had the help of her brother and brother-in-law in designing the structure. The structure is red brick covered by plaster with cement roofing. It stands on concrete posts as it is next to a stream that floods every year. The total cost was 330579 Baht.

There are roughly three levels of quality and each has its own price per sq. meter.

In Chiang Mai, I think 7k per sq. meter for a standard mid-quality brick and plaster house is what you can expect to pay. Kitchen cabinets, bathroom fixtures of high quality and farang "extras" not included.