Credit Card Cash Advances

GuestHouse

My overseas credit card allows me to draw up to my maximum credit limit in cash anywhere in the world.

I have preloaded my card so that I can draw cash and avoid interest but when I try to make a cash withrdrawl here in Thailand I am told my daily maximum is Bht20K (not much use as I have already preloaded my card with the equivelent of the 500K that I need for business reasons here in Thailand).

So does anyone know of a bank that actualy lets me do the business I want to do and will let me withdraw the whole 500K in one day rather than 25 days and 25 service charges?

I've already been to the head office of TFB (Kasigorn Thai) where I have held an account for 12 years and they are unable to help.

I have also called my credit card company back home and they confirm that I should be allowed to make a withdrawl up to my full credit card limit plus the preloaded amount. So it seems to me this is simply some dumb @ssed rule being applied.

Ive used Siam Commercial and requested 100,000 B to be withdrawn on a visa card. The bank calls a (Bangkok) Visa agent and get an authorization number, within 5 mins. I was handed over the money. I was charged 200 baht by SCB. My bank at home charges the usual ATM rate. Which is free for up to 10 transactions a month. And you get a nice receipt, easier than saving all those little white slips of paper. Good Luck