If/when Mcclaren Goes ?

EastSaxCol

O.K. Guys & Gals here's a suggestion that (IMHO) merits some consideration.

If the positition calls for some to give their heart and soul to the game,

someone who is 100% commited,

someone who has never felt constrained to speak his mind.

I give you.................

Roy Keane :D:o

Edited by LeungKen

If they had done the right thing the last time then we wouldn't be in this prediciment now. The FA are a complete bunch of morons.

Personally, I'd have liked Hiddink as he has an excellent international track record (Proven), but that is unlikely as he has signed a new contract recently.

Moronio is available, and to be fair I think he would be the best person, but wether he's interested is another thing. Wegner would be good, but why would he want to leave Arsenal. O'Neil, not sure, but certainly has the passion, but unproven at international level.

The old duffersat Soho square have got to get this one right thgis time.

i agree about Hiddink. he took netherlands to the semi back in 98 :o (at a time when it looked like holland still was amongst the top teams...but now thats another story altogether....) and did it again with South korea...i never paid attention to the korean football prior to that....i mean they were good for asian teams, but after that round he certainly put them also on the world map.

Wenger would be good, but why would he want to leave Arsenal.

^^ very well said :D

i agree about Hiddink. he took netherlands to the semi back in 98 :o (at a time when it looked like holland still was amongst the top teams...but now thats another story altogether....) and did it again with South korea...i never paid attention to the korean football prior to that....i mean they were good for asian teams, but after that round he certainly put them also on the world map.
Wenger would be good, but why would he want to leave Arsenal.

^^ very well said :D

Hiddink also did a terrific job with Australia and the way things are going is also doing a terrific job with Russia.

I'd like to see Steve Coppell give it a go. Look what he has done at Reading with no money and not a lot of talented players. Excellent at managing the hand he gets dealt.

He couldn't hack it at Man City for one day :o

I'd like to see Steve Coppell give it a go. Look what he has done at Reading with no money and not a lot of talented players. Excellent at managing the hand he gets dealt.

He couldn't hack it at Man City for one day :o

Agree with that. I think he would find the pressure too much, and he wouldn't be able to take his regular jaunts to Thailand either.

He couldn't hack it at Man City for one day :D

Agree with that. I think he would find the pressure too much, and he wouldn't be able to take his regular jaunts to Thailand either.

Shssss Toadie, that was for your ears only :o:D

It was interesting listening to Hiddink (it always is) on the radio this morning saying that if the new contract with the Russian FA is suitable then he'd be staying on as their national manager.

But if not, then next to Wenger and Mourinho I wouldn't mind him taking over. Oh to be spoilt for choice. :o

But a curse be on those that think that Israel will give a good account of themselves against Russia - a poisoned chalice of false hopes if you ask me.

Even in the unlikely event that they did get a draw and England beat Croatia - McClaren should still walk, imo.