New Carferry?

Took the car to Bangkok on the last tuesday and was surprised to see we where going from a brand new pier in Nathon!! I did not even know they where building one and now its finished! Offcourse, im not in Nathon very often. Even more surprised when i saw it was a carferry i never seen before. Very nice boat, far better than the others and seemed very new aswell. According to the wife all the signs on the boat are in chinese language so it appears it comes from there.

Anybody know whats up with this? Is this boat suppose to be in Samui-Donsak permanetly or did they just borrow it for a short time to service the old ships?

Anyway it was a more plesant ride than it usually is. Good initiativ, hope its here to stay! :o

Took the car to Bangkok on the last tuesday and was surprised to see we where going from a brand new pier in Nathon!! I did not even know they where building one and now its finished! Offcourse, im not in Nathon very often. Even more surprised when i saw it was a carferry i never seen before. Very nice boat, far better than the others and seemed very new aswell. According to the wife all the signs on the boat are in chinese language so it appears it comes from there. Anybody know whats up with this? Is this boat suppose to be in Samui-Donsak permanetly or did they just borrow it for a short time to service the old ships? Anyway it was a more plesant ride than it usually is. Good initiativ, hope its here to stay! :D

... :o , i think u d'ont go to Nathon for a very long time.

This pier replace the old one, maybe the Raja-Ferry will use the old-pier soon (somebody told me)

post-51795-1192861320_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1192861335_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1192861353_thumb.jpg

Took the car to Bangkok on the last tuesday and was surprised to see we where going from a brand new pier in Nathon!! I did not even know they where building one and now its finished! Offcourse, im not in Nathon very often. Even more surprised when i saw it was a carferry i never seen before. Very nice boat, far better than the others and seemed very new aswell. According to the wife all the signs on the boat are in chinese language so it appears it comes from there. Anybody know whats up with this? Is this boat suppose to be in Samui-Donsak permanetly or did they just borrow it for a short time to service the old ships? Anyway it was a more plesant ride than it usually is. Good initiativ, hope its here to stay! :D

... :o , i think u d'ont go to Nathon for a very long time.

This pier replace the old one, maybe the Raja-Ferry will use the old-pier soon (somebody told me)

Actually i came 3 weeks ago, but at that time they still used the old pier. Just havent noticed they where building a new one.

Looked like there where alot more fishingboats at the old pier than usual....Maybe they let it up for the fishermen.

Outsea we met the old ratchaferry, witch make speculation going....... Maybe they want to go straight from the mainland to koh pagnan with the ratcha? I dont know. Will be interesting to see what the plan is, i guess we all are winners no matter what.

And it sure was a very enjoyable boat compared to the old one. More "sundeck" with alot of chairs both under roof and open air, and also more comfortable massagearea and cafeteria. As usuall in Thailand aircond was going full to produce "winter-temperatures" inside, but im outside anyway. :D

The absolut best they can tell me in this case is that the new boat aren´t replacing any of the others. Its been a problem long time coming to Donsak and all boats are fully booked. Even if you have booked a ticket you are happy to make it. Arriving to donsak 11 o clock and just barerly make it as the last passenger on the 6 o clock ferry. Maybe they finally realized that more boats are needed?

Well, lets see what happens.

Outsea we met the old ratchaferry, witch make speculation going....... Maybe they want to go straight from the mainland to koh pagnan with the ratcha? I dont know. Will be interesting to see what the plan is, i guess we all are winners no matter what.

Raja Ferry has been running direct from Don Sak to Koh Phangan for years

... :D , i think u d'ont go to Nathon for a very long time. This pier replace the old one, maybe the Raja-Ferry will use the old-pier soon (somebody told me)
Actually i came 3 weeks ago, but at that time they still used the old pier. Just havent noticed they where building a new one. Looked like there where alot more fishingboats at the old pier than usual....Maybe they let it up for the fishermen. Outsea we met the old ratchaferry, witch make speculation going....... Maybe they want to go straight from the mainland to koh pagnan with the ratcha? I dont know. Will be interesting to see what the plan is, i guess we all are winners no matter what. And it sure was a very enjoyable boat compared to the old one. More "sundeck" with alot of chairs both under roof and open air, and also more comfortable massagearea and cafeteria. As usuall in Thailand aircond was going full to produce "winter-temperatures" inside, but im outside anyway. :D The absolut best they can tell me in this case is that the new boat aren´t replacing any of the others. Its been a problem long time coming to Donsak and all boats are fully booked. Even if you have booked a ticket you are happy to make it. Arriving to donsak 11 o clock and just barerly make it as the last passenger on the 6 o clock ferry. Maybe they finally realized that more boats are needed? Well, lets see what happens.

do you talk about Seatran-Ferry?

That pier (in blue) stay there about 2 years.......and now they use (about 1 or 2 month).

But the old one was much better for loading cars/trucks and people.

On the new pier everybody has to go into the boat thru the lower cardeck...and also out!

That's a bad security standart (and no comfort for passengers) for shure :o

Wha't do you mean with a new boat you have seen there?

You mean they use another 50years old chinese fishing boat as a carferry, just painting new with white color.

Every ferry has a number on each side of the boat, which one you use of this 1,2,3,4,5,6,7?

And every of this boats are not same inside, different decks, different inside .....

Chayaphum

post-51795-1193034895.gif

Edited by Chayaphum

I didnt check the nr. Its probably not brand new, like you said an older boat that got painted. Allthough i wouldnt call it old fishing boat. I found it at least much better than the other boats. Might have been around for a while then, but in that case ive always had the "bad luck" to end up on seatran, but then again it realy is not that big of a deal since the ride is an hour and a half long.

Just a pleasant afternoon surprise for me. :o

I didnt check the nr. Its probably not brand new, like you said an older boat that got painted. Allthough i wouldnt call it old fishing boat. I found it at least much better than the other boats. Might have been around for a while then, but in that case ive always had the "bad luck" to end up on seatran, but then again it realy is not that big of a deal since the ride is an hour and a half long. Just a pleasant afternoon surprise for me. :D

Why is a trip with Seatran "bad luck" ?

I only use Seatran to go to Donsak.....Raja need more time to go there :D

Yea, the ride is during about 90min. (+/-) but this is since i remember the same time...

Do you know another company they make the same trip in 30 or 60min. ? let me know.... :o

f_m.jpg

Compared to the "new?" boat seatran is "bad luck" for the reasons i already metioned.

If you want to go quicker than the 90 minuites you would have to go with a speedboat. By,rent or pay somebodý that have one to drive you.

Kao chai?

Is there actually somebody with information on this boat? Is it a new thing or have i just missed it before??

• 2 weeks later...
Compared to the "new?" boat seatran is "bad luck" for the reasons i already metioned. If you want to go quicker than the 90 minuites you would have to go with a speedboat. By,rent or pay somebodý that have one to drive you. Kao chai? Is there actually somebody with information on this boat? Is it a new thing or have i just missed it before??

to "mattias33"

i think you mean this old vessel with the big TAU on the rooftop, dschai mai? :D

This ferry has the number 7 :o

Chayaphum

post-51795-1194257197_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1194257270_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1194257324_thumb.jpg

Compared to the "new?" boat seatran is "bad luck" for the reasons i already metioned. If you want to go quicker than the 90 minuites you would have to go with a speedboat. By,rent or pay somebodý that have one to drive you. Kao chai? Is there actually somebody with information on this boat? Is it a new thing or have i just missed it before??

to "mattias33"

i think you mean this old vessel with the big TAU on the rooftop, dschai mai? :D

This ferry has the number 7 :o

Chayaphum

No i dont. Anyway it seems that it was a temporary thing. Havent seen it since the one time we went with it. Too bad. It was nice. :D