Clarifier

neilrob

I'm having problems with fine dust in my pool that passes the filters. In the US, this was never a problem, because I'd put in a few ounces of clarifier which caused the particles to be caught by the filter very quickly. The clarifier I used was Leslies Clear Brite (but also sold under different names by other companies). It is a dark blue liquid, and only a few ounces fixes the problem. I can't find it in Chiang Mai. I tried Clear Trine from World Chemical Far East here, but it is useless. Does any one know of a source in Thailand?

Thanks, Neil

your problem may be the same as mine.....suspended solids in the form of calcium and i've tried the blue stuff with poor results and bhatt down the drain. a cheap quick fix is alum which is sold by world chemicals for approx 200bhatt/gal, but it is wasteful as you have to vacume to waste and refill your pool with the same water source which may last a month at best.

i'm just assuming that your problem is calcium if it is ground water [or sometimes ban water]. best to have your water tested by world chemicals as they provide that service for free.

i did and found that i had high ph and can correct that with acid, but suspended calcium solids can only be removed by a water softner....more bhatt, wish i could sell my pool.

good luck with yours