Are there any parts of Thailand where you could buy a condo for around 400000THB....if so any help would be appreciated, I keep hearing of all these cheap properties but on the internet condos I find run into the millions.

Thank you in advance

To find cheap condos you need to go to the Thai language real estate websites not the ones written in English. Do a search on here and you will find threads where people have provided links to some of these websites.

Are there any parts of Thailand where you could buy a condo for around 400000THB....if so any help would be appreciated, I keep hearing of all these cheap properties but on the internet condos I find run into the millions.

Thank you in advance

To find cheap condos you need to go to the Thai language real estate websites not the ones written in English. Do a search on here and you will find threads where people have provided links to some of these websites.

www.firstnationalthailand,com english ,looked at chang mai have small apartments for as little as 300,000b

Perhaps in the Klong Toey area of Bangkok or the rural, poorer regions of Thailand.

Some of most luxurious properties have Khlong Toey area as their post code (Nusasiri, for example).

If not most, then great majority of condos in BKK are in sub-million zone or half of it. The thing is - there is no much gain in selling them nor there is great interest among farangs, why would anyone peddle them in English on the Internet.

The buildings and areas are mostly unpresentable for farang taste.

Edited by think_too_mut

There is a way you can get what you want without you moving to sunny Buriram.

There are around 40 condo's in the Suhkumvit/Phrakanong are within your price range coming up for sale at an Auction on the 8th of November. It's a bit late in the day to be telling you as sadly it not just a case of going along and sticking your hand up. There is a lot of leg work and investigating involved before you spend your hard end cash or you could end up with a pig in a poke.

A Farang who can't speak fluent Thai wandering out on his own would be lucky to get past 1st base.

There is a small company on Sukhumvit who provide a service for farangs but your budget is very small and it may not be worth their while.

However drop me a line and I will give you their details.

Try the website for Kiatnakin Bank. They have lots (probably hundreds in total) of condos for sale under 300K, including some under 200K, as well as more expensive ones. These are presumably foreclosed properties. Since I can't spell out a direct link here, the website address is kkasset followed by com.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
There is a way you can get what you want without you moving to sunny Buriram.

There are around 40 condo's in the Suhkumvit/Phrakanong are within your price range coming up for sale at an Auction on the 8th of November. It's a bit late in the day to be telling you as sadly it not just a case of going along and sticking your hand up. There is a lot of leg work and investigating involved before you spend your hard end cash or you could end up with a pig in a poke.

A Farang who can't speak fluent Thai wandering out on his own would be lucky to get past 1st base.

There is a small company on Sukhumvit who provide a service for farangs but your budget is very small and it may not be worth their while.

However drop me a line and I will give you their details.

Hi Greenman, can u pls. pm me (or post the auction info) . not likely i'd buy anything there, but since i have sort of free week, i'd love to visit out of curiosity.. i'll post report on how high the bidding will go :o ... U c , i've visited one auction already, and the startingprice had nothing to do, with what it ended up being sold for(only thais bidding)..infact it doubled/tripled in the process, wonder if same happends in low end auctions ..

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you in advance

Check on craigslist thailand http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/rfs/. They will have lots of leads. The Don Muang area generally has cheaper condos and also parts of Lad Prao, although that area tends to be more expensive. Here's a link that I previously found on craigslist that has/had 3 listings 4-500,000 baht. :o

http://www.bahtsold.com/index.php?region=3...=11&price=4

Edited by mauiguy90