Stupid, But Common Condo Layout

http://www.trendycondominium.com/unitplan/unit_b3.html

i see the same layout that perhaps some people like, but for the life of me I cant understand why.

for condos in the 60-70m2 range its 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. There is one bathroom in the bedroom, and another in the living room. The living room and bedroom are seperated 50/50...

Neither bathroom has a tub. Why not make it one large bathroom acessible from both the bedroom and the living room? Why do you even need two bathrooms? It is a big waste of space. I would rather use the space for a big walk in closet.

i see the same layout that perhaps some people like, but for the life of me I cant understand why.

for condos in the 60-70m2 range its 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. There is one bathroom in the bedroom, and another in the living room. The living room and bedroom are seperated 50/50...

Neither bathroom has a tub. Why not make it one large bathroom acessible from both the bedroom and the living room? Why do you even need two bathrooms? It is a big waste of space. I would rather use the space for a big walk in closet.

You don't like two bathrooms? Obviously you're not married. :o

<a href="http://www.trendycondominium.com/unitplan/unit_b3.html" target="_blank">http://www.trendycondominium.com/unitplan/unit_b3.html</a>

I'm confused. Can't you read the drawing ?

You have 1 bathroom (with a bath tube) + 1 "toilet".

Which makes perfectly sense !

Your guests can use the "second toilets". And you have one private, in your bedroom.

Again, it's perfectly rational.

Edited by cclub75

I have one two-bedroom unit with two bathrooms. One bedroom has to share its bathroom with the living room. This is the only unit I have not been able to rent out for ages and yet the unit is beautifully situated facing the Lumpini park. The complain has always been that lack of bathroom for guests. So the idea of a separate bathroom for guests is not stupid after all.

I have one two-bedroom unit with two bathrooms. One bedroom has to share its bathroom with the living room. This is the only unit I have not been able to rent out for ages and yet the unit is beautifully situated facing the Lumpini park. The complain has always been that lack of bathroom for guests. So the idea of a separate bathroom for guests is not stupid after all.

for sane people, it is. your condo isnt even big enough to have people sleep over. where are they sleeping, the couch? so when guests come over they arent allowed to use the bathroom in your bedroom? seems pretty silly to me.

Edited by YoungFarangNa

<a href="http://www.trendycondominium.com/unitplan/unit_b3.html" target="_blank">http://www.trendycondominium.com/unitplan/unit_b3.html</a>

I'm confused. Can't you read the drawing ?

You have 1 bathroom (with a bath tube) + 1 "toilet".

Which makes perfectly sense !

Your guests can use the "second toilets". And you have one private, in your bedroom.

Again, it's perfectly rational.

not all of them have bath tubs.... that was just an example i wanted to link for people who arent good at visualizing stuff.

for sane people, it is. your condo isnt even big enough to have people sleep over. where are they sleeping, the couch? so when guests come over they arent allowed to use the bathroom in your bedroom? seems pretty silly to me.

Yes, it is big enough for a married couple with no child to have people to sleep over. The guest can sleep in the second bedroom. The bathroom of the second bedroom is accessible from the living room and from the second bedroom. So, he does not need to use the bathroom of the master bedroom. That seems to be reasonable but still there is no taker. Marketability is the key and not idealism.

Hi Irene - the diagram you showed said 73 sq meters - my London flat is about 100 sq m its has two very, very, generous double bedrooms, kitchen that can take an extended 6 seater table (at a push) bathroom that has a tub etc and lonuge where the 42" disapears on the horizon.

I think some remeasuring is required? what are they including car parking space communal ares etc?

Try selling or renting a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom condo and you will soon know why.

Hi Irene - the diagram you showed said 73 sq meters - my London flat is about 100 sq m its has two very, very, generous double bedrooms, kitchen that can take an extended 6 seater table (at a push) bathroom that has a tub etc and lonuge where the 42" disapears on the horizon.

I think some remeasuring is required? what are they including car parking space communal ares etc?

That was not my diagram.

That was not my diagram.

Hi Irene,

I missread the posts - you did not post the original link - apologies - too much on my mind at this time.

Edited by pkrv

in thailand you have to take shower even several times per day, thai do as well spend a lot of time on grooming (comparing to europeans) - still 3 or 4 bedroom houses in europe do have only one bahroom (sometimes with a separate toilet).

I suspect that one bedroom appartment in Bangkok might often be accupied by more than a couple, for example the whole extended family, including grandmother to take care of kids. That's probably why there are 2 bathrooms.

I used to live in a guest house in Kensington, London, where five units of rented rooms had to share one bathroom cum toilet. Give me Thai ratio anytime for the "luxury" of being private in a happiest spot where you can read and ponder in your quiet moment. I prefer to give up space for this "luxury".

I suspect that one bedroom appartment in Bangkok might often be accupied by more than a couple, for example the whole extended family, including grandmother to take care of kids. That's probably why there are 2 bathrooms.

All wrong. I am wondering if you have ever been to Thailand.

"I would rather use the space for a big walk in closet."

There is nothing to stop you from doing that. You can also use it to hold your extensive collection of beer cans and balls of string.

I bought a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom condo that was originally two, two-bed/bath units. The original owner turned one bedroom into an open office, and one bathroom into a laundry room (washer/dryer).

People who rent 1 bed condos in the Trendy pricerange are generally bachelorsor singles. Fact. Not only Trendy, but across the board, couples dont want 1 bedroom condos. They want 2 for study area or guest room or whatever the reason may be.

For that reason alone, it is a daft layout. Simple solution? Pull out the dividing wall, and make an enlarged kitchen. Ive seen the units in the floorplan. The plumbing is there already.