Any Newbie Up For A Round Of Golf

listenup

I've got a client visiting me in a month and he suggested I take him to a golf course. He's my biggest client so I will oblige.

None of my friends here in Bangkok seem to be up for it, so was thinking perhaps I could pull a small group together here.

From reading the threads, it looks like it's best to go during weekdays as it's less busy. I'm open to suggestions what course to play on, as long as I can go/return to Bangkok in the same day.

I've never played golf before, so perhaps best if you are patient or are a newbie too!

Post here or PM me if you might be interested.

Cheers!

I've got a client visiting me in a month and he suggested I take him to a golf course. He's my biggest client so I will oblige.

None of my friends here in Bangkok seem to be up for it, so was thinking perhaps I could pull a small group together here.

From reading the threads, it looks like it's best to go during weekdays as it's less busy. I'm open to suggestions what course to play on, as long as I can go/return to Bangkok in the same day.

I've never played golf before, so perhaps best if you are patient or are a newbie too!

Cheers!

It depends what sort of outing you have in mind a good game can be had on the Muang Ake Vista course just past the old airport; it is described as short overall but individual holes are standard just a few more par3s. Maybe a little tight if you miss often, I have just returned from the summer in UK so am a bit out of touch with quiet days etc. but you can 'phone and find out where would be suitable. Suggest that you look up, Chuen Cheun, Mueang Ake Vista, and Mueang Ake for a start, they can be seen at Thailand golf zone or similar site. I expect to play on Monday with my regular group at Royal Thai Army but after that I would be happy to play an English speaking group, specifically less than six players!

If he's your biggest client, then I would assume it ought to be a bit special.

I'm not sure if you can get on at the following courses, but if you can, they are somewhat special

Thai Country Club

Alpine Golf Course

but if not, these are nice as well

Laemchabang Golf Course

Subhapruek Golf Course

Cascata Golf Club

Klong 15, Lamlukka Road

Telephone (037) 302 777, (037) 302 779

or perhaps

Lam Lukka Golf Course

Best of luck

Dr. B

Cheers!

If I were you I would go to a driving range a few times before you go with your client to save both your and their embarrassment.

Cheers

Thanks Dr. for the suggestions, I'll check those out.

percy, can you recommend any good driving ranges in Bangkok? I live in the Sathorn area if thats any help.

Cheers!

Unfortunately I don't use driving ranges in that area.

Try a separate topic I sure some one will know.

Cheers