Closest Stop To Khao San

BboyRusty

Hi everyone, was wondering which would be the stop on the sky train I would need to get off the to get me the closest to khao san road. Thanks

National Stadium is the nearest but it's still a long way to KSR.

I usually get the skytrain to Saphan Taksin and take the express boat from there to Banglamphu jetty which is 5 minutes walk from KSR. Takes about the same time as a taxi from national stadium but much more scenic.

If you're coming from either of the airports and have a lot of baggage, consider taking a metered taxi the whole way (before you get into the taxi, have the driver confirm he will use the meter - do not accept fixed prices).

It will be a bit more expensive but a lot smoother, both for you and the other passengers on the public transportation... the express boat can be very crowded.

Hi everyone, was wondering which would be the stop on the sky train I would need to get off the to get me the closest to khao san road. Thanks

I usually get the skytrain to Saphan Taksin and take the express boat from there to Banglamphu jetty which is 5 minutes walk from KSR. Takes about the same time as a taxi from national stadium but much more scenic.

From BTS National Stadium you can take the number 15 or 46 non-aircon bus (about 8 baht, or maybe a bit more these days) to the Tanao road junction on the Democracy Monument big road. Maybe other buses as well.

I am living near khaosan / democratic monument , it is not well deserve with the BTS or MRT

if i need to get to it , i ask for PAYATHAI or RATCHATHEWI stations, but need a taxi fair !

From airport , i think you have airport bus dropping you at Sawadee hotel next to kowsan road

Boat option is good if you are along the river, but intimidating for new comer!

Bus well deserve too, if you know to use it.

BTS: off Ratchathewi, take bus #16 A/C to Thewet.

MRT: off Petchaburi, take bus #23 via Partunam/Panthip to Thewet.

Lotsa buses from Thewet to KSR (5 minutes).

total cost (excluding MRT/BTS fees): less than Bht 20,-

total travel time: almost same as metered taxi.

Works fine for me, got a biz friend working between Thewet and KSR, always use that system.

The faster yellow- and blue-flag Chao Phraya express boats don't stop at the Banglamphu landing so you have to take one of the milk-run local or orange-flag boats, quite a bit slower. My experience has been that the boat from Saphan Taksin to Banglamphu takes much longer than a taxi to Banglamphu from the National Stadium, except during rush hour. Even in rush hour, a taxi can be faster or about the same, when you take into account the waiting times for trains and boats.

Chao Phraya boat schedule

I agree with GirlX. The absolutely fastest way to get from National Stadium to Banglamphu is on the Saen Sab canal boat. From the BTS, just walk five minutes up Phaya Thai Road to the bridge with elephant heads on it. The terminus is beside Fort Mahakon, which is around a 10 minute walk from Khao San Road. This is not for when you are carrying luggage because you have to jump on and off really quickly. The boats hardly stop. I forget what it costs - something like 12 baht. MUCH faster than taking the Chao Phraya down to Saphan Taksin and then the BTS. And the boats never get into a traffic jam.