Paralyzed Dog

Nienke

An update of the thread <a href="http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1604287" target="_blank">http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1604287</a> for those who are interested to know how the dog is doing.

Well, I have good hopes. When she came there was hardly any feeling in her paws and tail. Then she started to put her tail up, but only at the onset. Now she can put the whole tail up, and today there was even a little wag.

Before, when I squeezed the skin between her toes, no reaction, now she pulls back her feet. She also does this when I massage between her toes, as if it's tickling.

When I take her outside for her pee and poo, I still need to support her hindquarters and helps a bit when she pees and poos. Then sometimes I've noticed she puts some weight on her paws, left more than right. Walking with her is a bit of a drag, as she prefers to go underneath the (low-hanging) laundry lines and trees and bushes with red ants! :D After dark it's even hard to follow her as she loves to hunt the frogs. :D

Her appetite is very good ... hhhmmm, as long as her food is mixed with 2 to 3 tablespoons of minced meat. And she screams more often, not because she is in pain, but because she's got her spirit back and is bored to pieces. She knows what she likes and wants :o

Good hopes, thus. :D

Nienke

Her appetite is very good ... hhhmmm, as long as her food is mixed with 2 to 3 tablespoons of minced meat. And she screams more often, not because she is in pain, but because she's got her spirit back and is bored to pieces. She knows what she likes and wants :o

Good hopes, thus. :D

Really pleased to hear this Nienke, excellent news.

Although, I'm pretty excited each time when I see some more movement, I'm still very careful in cheering. We still don't know if or how much of the nerves are damaged.

Nevertheless, so far so good :o

Nienke

• 2 weeks later...
Are you a qualified vet

Dearest crackers,

May I refresh your memory about a thread you've posted on March 11th this year http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;hl=export+dog in which I clearly stated

... I told them, that although I'm not a vet nor a fysiotherapist for animals, ...

You may have forgotten about it? :o

But to ease your mind, I do work very closely with qualified vets. In fact just this afternoon I collected a dog from the vet, who got a major problem because another 'qualified' veterinary clinic messed up (while the dog was at home with his owners), and this evening I went for another check up with the paralized dog. She is doing quite fine, movement and feeling are slowly coming back. Although, it is still unknown how much she will recover. Nobody (including your qualified vets) can tell, only time.

Nienke

Thanks Bambina :o

Yes I do massage her everyday, and I've started up the acupuncture, done by a veterinary acupuncturist. The husky received just one treatment so too early to tell if it will work or not.

This vet refreshed my mind about an Ban Keaw mix (I saw him earlier this year at that clinic), who also had a broken spinal cord due to a road accident, although it was broken higher up. This dog can walk again. Not perfect, but good enough to move around pretty fast and for him to be happy.

So, I keep hope (for now),

Nienke