Condo Buying Law Change ?

It might be that the news was about the possibility of getting an investment visa when buying a condominium.

That is changed, but i am not 100% sure it was changed to 10 million baht or not able to use a condominium for a investment visa at all.

I suspect the last.

I am a junkie on news media and with the purported news like that I should not have missed it especially when I am in a condominium business as well. So, my answer is negative and I have never heard of it. I am fascinated how news being passed on among expatriates. Mostly, they are frightening and untrue.

A few points, a foreigner may still buy a condo, so long as the purchase does not put the number of units sold to foreigners in the development over 50%. A change last year was that a condominium purchased for over 3 million but less than 10 million ceased {this had been created during the '97 crisis, and was always considered a temporary measure} to allow the owner to apply for an 'investment visa' so long as the purchase was from the developer, not from a secondary owner.

Regards