Performance Tyres In Los

culicine

I want to get some new tyres for my honda car 215/45/17. They should just be regular street tyres (not race spec) but have very good wet/dry grip. Preferably they should be quiet too! At the moment I have falken ziex. They wear well and are quite grippy. They have 40K on them now but one of them is quiet noisy. Does anyone else have recommendations?

Thanks..

I have a new, never used, set of Dunlop Model 702 - 205/40/17 Z rated tyres that I want to sell.

I want to get some new tyres for my honda car 215/45/17. They should just be regular street tyres (not race spec) but have very good wet/dry grip. Preferably they should be quiet too! At the moment I have falken ziex. They wear well and are quite grippy. They have 40K on them now but one of them is quiet noisy. Does anyone else have recommendations?

Thanks..

I also use Falken Ziex tyres and they wear very well on my Honda.I doubt that I would change to another brand next time as im very happy with them.Try some of the Yokohama street tyres as an alternative.

I'd like to offer gentle (ie mild and Asian-inexperienced) advice as an outdated European here, slowly coming to grips - and slips - with popular tyres on the Thailand racks.

It seems to me as a 14+year driver in Thailand and 7+year car owner here that Yokos equate to Michelins as a long lasting tyre for those who need max mileage (kilometerage?) for their baht. A hard compound tyre which will go on and on - unless you go off the road first in the wet.

Bridgestone (my equal favourite here so far) seems to equate more to Pirelli (my absolute top favourite road car brand in the world IF you can afford them!), with excellent grip wet or dry but a softer compound - and thus fewer miles for your moolar! Reasonable prices and terrific performance. Like Pirellis, they will start to drift in extreme cornering, wet or dry, but they WILL tap you on the butt first to give you ample warning.

A tyre which fell off the racks here and hit me in my big fat prejudice was the Aquatred from Goodyear. Known elsewhere in the world as the Aquajet, this design is not new but bears an uncanny resemblance to the latest Formula One wet tyres. You can SEE how the tread design drains the water away, and after 2 rainy reasons on them I swear they minimise aquaplaning and reduce the massive scare we all get when we hit that invisible deep puddle at night.

In Europe I never liked Goodyear since a brand new one shed its tread off the carcass at a modest 60mph on a UK motorway years ago, but this tyre redeems their reputation for me.

For anyone planning tyres now for next years wet season, may I offer you a statistic from Pirelli in Italy some 15 years ago. (But I leave you to do the conversions!). "At 70mph in very wet conditions, your tyre tread must clear 8 gallons of water every SECOND to stay in contact with the road."

My capitals!

I also use Falken Ziex tyres and they wear very well on my Honda.I doubt that I would change to another brand next time as im very happy with them.Try some of the Yokohama street tyres as an alternative.

Thanks Skyline. I might well stick with them but go to 215 instead of 205 as my wheels are 7.5" x 17". One got noisy, possibly die to uneven wear. The rest seem ok. it's just bloody annoying at times to hear the droning noise.

I wanted grippier tires (for the dry) as I also want to upgrade my disc pads, do you have any opinions? I got a price on e'spec 330 mm disc kit for the front for a cool 42K. I think I'll pass on that! haha

Thanks Skyline. I might well stick with them but go to 215 instead of 205 as my wheels are 7.5" x 17". One got noisy, possibly die to uneven wear. The rest seem ok. it's just bloody annoying at times to hear the droning noise.

I wanted grippier tires (for the dry) as I also want to upgrade my disc pads, do you have any opinions? I got a price on e'spec 330 mm disc kit for the front for a cool 42K. I think I'll pass on that! haha

Can I presume that your spare is not the same as the other 4 ?

If it is, stick that on.