Does Mbk Buy Phones?

motoyen

I bought the LG Chocolate from MBK when I first got to BKK and now I would like to replace it with a better phone. Will MBK buy the phone back from me? I know I'm probably going to take a huge loss but I hate this phone so much I really don't care. Just wondering if they will buy it back or where else I can sell it. Should I try Pantip Plaza?

I have sold phones at MBK, as have some of my work colleauges. Punt it around a few stalls to get the best price. Probably get rid of it far easier if you are part ex'ing it and have the box and all the bits that come with it when new.

Edited by Cobalt60

I bought the LG Chocolate from MBK when I first got to BKK and now I would like to replace it with a better phone. Will MBK buy the phone back from me? I know I'm probably going to take a huge loss but I hate this phone so much I really don't care. Just wondering if they will buy it back or where else I can sell it. Should I try Pantip Plaza?
I used to get asked that when we were selling cars, someone would come in and say " ere ,do you buy cars " id reply ,with a smile, " no, we nick all ours " ,.yes the boys on 4th floor will buy/take in px, go to 3 different places, i bet they arent 500 baht apart, but they will take it,.

Cool thanks. It's very easy to hit the wrong button or hang up on someone when you are trying to answer the phone. PC Mag sums it up nicely:

The Chocolate's beautiful design has a learning curve, starting with opening it. You need a bit of an odd grip to slide the Chocolate open;

In this day and age of industrial design is it really that hard to come out with a phone that doesn't requite a learning curve to open it? Hello LG? Didn't anyone test this thing?

Cool thanks. It's very easy to hit the wrong button or hang up on someone when you are trying to answer the phone. PC Mag sums it up nicely:
The Chocolate's beautiful design has a learning curve, starting with opening it. You need a bit of an odd grip to slide the Chocolate open;

In this day and age of industrial design is it really that hard to come out with a phone that doesn't requite a learning curve to open it? Hello LG? Didn't anyone test this thing?

I really beleive phones need a serious update, all the recent nokias i have had have given problems including my new ( 3 month old ) n95, im off to trade it in tomorrow, it switches it self off, the battery lasts from 1 hour to 1 day, it rings once on incoming calls and then turns off, and more, ! i hope i remember to tell the shop of all its faults tomorrow ! :o

I’ve bought, sold or traded in a few phones at MBK and haven’t had a problem. I found they pay higher prices for phones from western countries.

I’ve had the same problem a couple of you mention with Nokia and had a couple of my phones repaired at MBK.

This problem is well known amongst the repair guys. They said the wires inside the housing that connect to the battery connection points detach. They soldered the wires back on. I’ve since handed the phones down and the new owners haven’t had problems since.

Does anyone own the Motorola Razr2? I've always had Motorola phones and generally been happy with the hardware, the software has been hit and miss. I'm trying to decide right now between the razr2 and an iPhone. To those that own the iPhone how accessible is public wifi in BKK? With France requiring Apple to sell unlocked phones will we see an influx of iPhones soon? Driving prices down?

Does anyone own the Motorola Razr2? I've always had Motorola phones and generally been happy with the hardware, the software has been hit and miss. I'm trying to decide right now between the razr2 and an iPhone. To those that own the iPhone how accessible is public wifi in BKK? With France requiring Apple to sell unlocked phones will we see an influx of iPhones soon? Driving prices down?

I have been using IPhone 3 weeks now. A guy was advertising them on TV. Must say, its the best phone I have had as it fits my needs. If you like MMS and sending multiple sms than IPhone is not for you. But if you work in a wifi enviroment and need to acces the web a lot than it will be the best you can buy.

I also have a few other phone and the last one I used before IPhone was the Samsung 600 I, very good for internet usage when using Edge...but no full pages as with IPHone.

Be carefull purchasing them at MBK as the aftersales service is very poor. You need to buy from someone that can answer questions after you bought the IPhone.

Hmm, I use my phone for SMS a lot and I know the iPhone doesn't support MMS. I usually buy rev c Apple products and have always been happy with my purchases, the problem is I can't wait for a rev c iPhone. :o I think I'll get the razr2 until I see what happens with future revisions of the iPhone.