Any Mac User Here?

iChubbyGirl

hi´

there is a specific software that make transfer or reading/writing form PC to MAc and reverse ...

fotgot the name (something like pc2mac) ... just make a small search, you´ll find it easy :o

cheers

francois

How are you getting this file from the Mac to the PC? Floppy? Over a lan? Emailed as an attachment? Burned to cd? It matters.

What operating system is the Mac running, OS X or the older MacOS? That matters, too. The older Macs could read floppies from a PC, but a PC has never been able to read a Mac floppy.

The file format itself should be fine, being Photoshop. So the problem lies in the file system difference between the Mac and PC. You can circumvent that by emailing the file to yourself or sending it over a Lan. If the Mac is OS X, you should be able to share files with a Windows PC over a Lan by running a Samba server on the Mac. If it's MacOS it should see the PC just fine on the lan.

If all else fails, you could set up a 2-computer network using a serial null modem cable and the modem program on each computer and transfer the file using something like zmodem.

:D

Thanks so much kha i will try to do it again. Actually, I write the files to CD and open them in PhotoShop on PC. I'm using Mac OS X but I for these design i use Mac OS 9 'coz i wanna use Thai lang. (i haven't upgrade my hard lock yet.) :o

So thks so much kha,

iChubbyG

what problems are you having exactly? seems you already have the file on your pc, correct? try opening ps on your pc, then go hunting for the file to open. you should already have the .psd on the end of the file. if not, just type it on before opening.

you may still have problems with your thai fonts though ....

cat

hi theCatat,

Thank you so much for your advice. :D

yes, I had prob with opening psd file on my pc but it's ok now.

you may still have problems with your thai fonts though ....

i have this prob when i use OS X. Then I went to Apple Center, they said I have to spend 1000฿ to upgrade the hardlock. :o but i haven't done it yet.

Now i'm trying to install OS X Panter. I bought the CDs from Fortune but it doesn't work :D

Mac User tooo :D

<<had prob with opening psd file on my pc but it's ok now.

how did you end up solving the problem?

<<upgrade the hardlock

unfamiliar with this terminology. do you mean hard disk?

<<I bought the CDs from Fortune but it doesn't work

not in thailand yet [end of december] so do not know the reputation of fortune. can you just take the cd's back?

cat

hi

the best solution could be to install Linux PPC on a different partition on the Mac computer (yellowdog or other) enable Samba and share anything with Mac system file and also PC windoze or else :o

my 2 baths worth ... :D

cheers

francois

ps; it works fine, a friend of mine did it and never had any problem with it :D