The Rudest Drivers

jaideeguy

Just wondering about other's expericnces on the road regarding rude drivers and what brand of vehicles they drive....excluding taxis and tuk-tuks and songthews [which would head this list].

Having driven the 'mean streets' of LOS for a few years now i can say that [generally] drivers of VIGOS and FORTUNAS are way ahead of the others when it comes to bad road manners....speeding, tailgating, not giving way, etc.

What do other's see on the roads??

please share.....

Countless times, in Bangkok mostly I've seen unmarked white company pick up trucks driving like madmen. One in particular was so much on the throttle and brake you could actually see the front end rising as he stepped on it, the nervousness of a Formula 1, less than 1 meter from the car in front.

The more sh!t they add on to the truck, the braver they get. Even worse are the ones with the blinding bluish headlights.

Darwin's natural selection process never takes a rest in Thailand. :o

I don't disagree that Fortuner drivers are the most discourteous driver's I've ever experienced, but as a Vigo driver I must defend myself against such unfair accusations. I assure all that similarities go only as far as the Toyota badge. Makes me sometimes wish I'd bought a Mitsubishi Triton.

Forgot to mention benz drivers in my origional post and they would rate 3rd place in the 'rude driver poll' totally agree that black fortunas are the worse. what's with these guys [thais and falangs alike]???

one of the rasons i didn't buy toyota was the attitude of the drivers....

one of the rasons i didn't buy toyota was the attitude of the drivers....

555, that's exactly what my lovely wifey said when I wanted a blue Fortuner, although the main reason we didn't get one was that you can't get blue / diesel / leather / manual :o

We ended up with a black Ford Ranger which has diesel / leather / manual :D

In my mind, the worst are Terminal Bus Drivers goin up-country. Their over-taking methodology leaves a lot to be desired. Recently, I nearly had a head on collision while he suddenly decided to overtake on a small bridge with only one lane each way. Their mainstay is to flash their lights a few times and then cross the double line at their own desire.

I would also say that there are some Fortuner drivers who give the majority a bad name. I think because they are driving a large vehicle, they are safe and therefore can do things they would not have done in the Hondsa Civic they up-traded.

I've definitely seen a lot of crazy Fortuner drivers...as was said, probably their sense of security being in a large, heavy vehicle. Many of those Benz drivers are notoriously bad as well...they seem to feel as if they own road zig-zagging around as they please. Of course those green buses in BKK are horrendous and often over packed with passengers...many of those drivers try handling those things as if they were go-karts.

to be honest i dont see too much aggressive driving here , apart from the inter city buses and a small percentage of madmen in cars.

cars are , however , driven with varying degrees of assertiveness.

if they see a space available they will move into it.

if they come up behind you fast , then you should move over and let them pass.

not moving over and slowing them down is the aggressive act.

to be honest i dont see too much aggressive driving here , apart from the inter city buses and a small percentage of madmen in cars.

cars are , however , driven with varying degrees of assertiveness.

if they see a space available they will move into it.

if they come up behind you fast , then you should move over and let them pass.

not moving over and slowing them down is the aggressive act.

That is guite correct,, some how we can look in to German autobahn,,when driven in the fast lane, what is usually in thailand the right lane,, when some one comes from behind and blink lights, that is usually means "get the <deleted> out of my way,, same in Germany.

Thais do tailgate,similar for italy\rome

I have to say that driving in thai like i have done, in last 4yrs driven abt 170000km, seen it all and not so much different from different parts of Europe, it's kind of smooth drive here, for you who has problem,,,,go and drive in Mumbai then you know how real hassle is...

Black Fortuners and any Vigo's make me pucker up, i hate tailgaters and its normally one of them.

Crap!

I know there are quit some rude Fortuner and Vigo drivers out there..

But to say it's normally one of them.

Cant agree with you.

I think its the sheer volume of them,, ie loads of fortuners/vigos on the roads, but the worst drivers are for sure thai women in toyota vios/corollas ! scary

Black Fortuners and any Vigo's make me pucker up, i hate tailgaters and its normally one of them.

Well maybe you should move out of the fast lane if you can't drive over 40km. MOVE OVER GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HONK HONK :D:D

I am Jaiyenyen and I own a Vigo. say it loud, say it proud :o

Not all BMW, MB drivers drive like madmen. I drive a vehicle that goes 105-110 tops, and I usually cruise on the tollway at 90-100 in the left lane. I am constantly amazed at how often I have to pass people in BMWs, Benz's and the like who are puttering along at 85 or less! And no, they are not all on the phone...

Bus drivers are the worst i'd have to say... especially the non-air con ones puffing out black smoke and crossing 3 lanes with just a hand waving out of a window. They don't care if you're in the next lane or not, they are coming thru no matter what.

Agree with poster that said anything with a green lic plate... bad news....

Then Fortuners, Vigos, and to round off the list, kids with old volvos.

Most Mercedes drivers, of most kinds.

Any lane.

Any speed.

Any time.

Followed closely by people who have wasted their money on the fake SUV called a Toyota Fortuner.

Wasted?? did 70.000 kilometers with mine witout 1 single problem.

I'd say it's a winner.

Why should i buy an expensive car here if other people dont care one bit about it.

People driving like idiots.

Now i have a SUV wannabee that seems to have no problems pulling my 2800 kg speedboot out of the water, together half the price of a 'Real" SUV.

The other half of the money i'm gonna use for my son for college.

I think that's a better way of spending your money in LOS then puting your money in a car.

Edited by Jareddiving

Most Mercedes drivers, of most kinds.

Any lane.

Any speed.

Any time.

Followed closely by people who have wasted their money on the fake SUV called a Toyota Fortuner.

Wasted?? did 70.000 kilometers with mine witout 1 single problem.

I'd say it's a winner.

Why should i buy an expensive car here if other people dont care one bit about it.

People driving like idiots.

Now i have a SUV wannabee that seems to have no problems pulling my 2800 kg speedboot out of the water, together half the price of a 'Real" SUV.

The other half of the money i'm gonna use for my son for college.

I think that's a better way of spending your money in LOS then puting your money in a car.

What happened to it at 71km?

1) Any kind of BUS - they think they own the road

2) Benzes - specially E-Class

3) Old, rich women in Camry's - they need no indicators or brakes, a horn will do.

4) my boss - drives a WHITE Fortuner and he, too, thinks he owns the road

Oh, and once i had a FERRARI sticking to my ass, thinking i could somehow evaporate out of his way and let him close up to the bus in front of me.

That's for BANGKOK, and of course TAXIS are worse than all of those combined.

Up-country it's virtually any kind of pickup truck - i was shocked the first time i drove to Chiang Mai, cruising at 140 KM/h (i know.......) and constantly being passed (!!) by pickups, loaded with what seemed to be contents of whole houses, in corners or on two-lane parts of road right into oncoming traffic......

But amazingly, young fellas with souped-up "racing" Civic's, Corolla's, Cefiro's etc drive rather nicely here......

Best regards.....

Thanh