Visas For Myself And 2 Teenage Sons To Live In Thailand

Can anyone advise me on the following?

I want to get visas for my self and 2 sons to live in Thailand.

I am 46 years old so a retirement visa is a no-go. I have a Thai wife and a house in Thailand. My sons are 13 and 14 years old and I want to enrol them at an international school (would an educational visa be a possibility)

At present I don’t have a visa of any kind as I work abroad and only travel home for 2 weeks every three months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Jim

Yes, the non-immigrant visa category Ed will be the correct visa for your sons.

--

Maestro

Many thanks Maestro. I Googled your answer for more info and got a page from TV (http://www.thaivisa.com/279.0.html). Thanks again for the swift reply, I wasnt sure if it was do-able.... you have made me a very happy chappy :D ..now I just need to get it sorted out before the exwife changes her mind :o

Glad to oblige. Best wishes to your sons.

I see that I have not addressed your question about a visa for yourself. With your travel schedule, you do not need one. You are allowed to stay in Thailand on visa-exempt entries for a maximum of 90 days within 6 months. If ever you want to stay longer, get a tourist visa (permission to stay for 60 days, extendable at an immigration office by 30 days), or a single-entry non-immigrant visa for the purpose of visiting family (permission to stay 90 days, extendable by 60 days without need for proof of income), or for still longer periods the annual marriage extension (evidence of family income of minimum 40,000 Baht per month), or the annual extension of stay as the father of a child on an extension for study.

--

Maestro