What Can One Rant And Rave About This Week?

snowflake

One of the best things in life is the ability to talk trash and gossip about others... (Just admit it, we gossip all the time)

This weekend it was a big party here in town and as usual I did not go, could not muster the will to spend some time there... SORRY ABOUT THAT :o

I usually have a go at Nakonsisean for being unsocial and bad but I do have to admit when it comes to gather with foreigners I tend to "FORGET" these parties...

Its not that I am lazy, I just dont care enough to spend one evening with all of you...

Come on, have a go at me...

I do like the host of this weekends party and I do hope that it went down well...

Well, come on what can we rant on about this week...

This is just a quick rant about Tesco Lotus, went there the other day for the shop and stopped at the meat counter to get some bacon. I picked up my usual brand (bangkok meat) but checked the best before date which was 2 days out of date, so i showed the manager looking person behind the counter. She nodded and agreed with me, then she took the label off and printed a new best before date for a week later and tried to give it back to me !! Just beware all bacon lovers..

Also a quick hello to all the teachers that are returning to work this week, hope you enjoy the rainy season in Nakhon while driving your bikes to work :o:D:D:D:D:bah::bah:

Just had my bike painted on by, um, painters. Seems they forgot there was a bike under the walls which they were painting, and so I have a free white paint job on my black bike. It's sort of Pollocks, if you know what I mean. Unintentional, surely, but I still moaned. I've been assured they will clean it (water-based apparently). I said I'd forgive them as long as they take off the dodgy words "Honda", "125" and "Dream".

Just had my bike painted on by, um, painters. Seems they forgot there was a bike under the walls which they were painting, and so I have a free white paint job on my black bike. It's sort of Pollocks, if you know what I mean. Unintentional, surely, but I still moaned. I've been assured they will clean it (water-based apparently). I said I'd forgive them as long as they take off the dodgy words "Honda", "125" and "Dream".

What, you're not going to shoot them to save the much vaunted, and highly regarded, "face"?

Tesco is always misprinting the best before date, its a normal thing for them... I am sure that the bacon was good enough to eat for a farang... You should not complain Tatler and you should know your place in tesco's... I have an idea, send an e-mail to Tesco's in England and say that you will bomb Tesco's here unless you get fresh bacon at your doorstep every morning for 4 weeks... (Should do the trick huh?)

Paint on the bike? That is called "GO FASTER SPOTS" so enjoy them... but wait, they are painting outside with waterbased paint during rainy season (Something I am missing here?) Usually that shit should be used inside or am I just stupid there?

Logical thinking...

Here is a short version of a phone call that I just had..

ME: Good morning, I would like a room for tomorrow morning please,

Operator: Ok, which hotel?

ME: BANG______ please...

Operator: You have to book over our web site www.laststaysometing?..

ME: I have no internet, that is why I am calling. :o

Operator: No rooms availeble.

ME: Why did you tell me to book over the internet if you know that there are no rooms availble? :D

Operator: Goodbye..

SO I gave the phone to the closest Thai and told them to get me the phone number to the hotel (I really wanted to stay there)... She called the operator/phone service thing and gave me the number...

After 2 minutes on the phone with the hotel I do now have a room for the next 3 nights in Bangkok...

And I can pay in cash when I get there tomorrow morning.. :D:D:bah::D

Do enjoy work here for the next few days and do know this, if you are not working at the same school as I am, you are probably working at the wrong school...

I'm sitting in Narita airport waiting for my flight to Seattle and stealing the wireless network of the nearby United lounge. Just wanted to say that I enjoyed my 2 weeks of pouring rain in Nakhon and revisiting with all of you Nakhonies! Sorry i missed the Halloween party, heard it was fun. Chok di and I look forward to my next visit!!

Thanks to all for the hospitality!!!