At What Age Can A Thai Own Land Or Shares In A Co?

As far as I'm aware, pursuant to Sections 19 and 1598/6 of the Civil and Commercial Code, on completion of their twentieth year - when they are considered to be sui juris.

-----

Section 19: "A person, on the completion of twenty years of age ceases to be a minor and becomes sui juris."

Section 1598/6: "Guardianship is terminated by the death of the ward or by the ward becoming sui juris."

-----

That said, a guardian has a number of duties towards his ward, as set out in Book V (Family), Title II, Chapter III of the CCC [see, in particular, sections commencing at Section 1585].

Interestingly though, Section 1598/5 provides:

"After the ward has reached discretion and his age is not less than 15, the guardian must, in all important transactions, consult him first, so far as it is possible to do so.

The fact that the ward has given consent, does not exonerate the guardian from liability."

EDIT:

Sorry, on the issue of a foreigner being a guardian, I think this is possible so long as the parents of the ward have specified such in their will. Otherwise the minor will become a ward of the State and it is likely that this process will be much harder.

[see Section 1586 of the CCC]

As far as I'm aware, pursuant to Sections 19 and 1598/6 of the Civil and Commercial Code, on completion of their twentieth year - when they are considered to be sui juris.

-----

Section 19: "A person, on the completion of twenty years of age ceases to be a minor and becomes sui juris."

Section 1598/6: "Guardianship is terminated by the death of the ward or by the ward becoming sui juris."

-----

That said, a guardian has a number of duties towards his ward, as set out in Book V (Family), Title II, Chapter III of the CCC [see, in particular, sections commencing at Section 1585].

Interestingly though, Section 1598/5 provides:

"After the ward has reached discretion and his age is not less than 15, the guardian must, in all important transactions, consult him first, so far as it is possible to do so.

The fact that the ward has given consent, does not exonerate the guardian from liability."

EDIT:

Sorry, on the issue of a foreigner being a guardian, I think this is possible so long as the parents of the ward have specified such in their will. Otherwise the minor will become a ward of the State and it is likely that this process will be much harder.

[see Section 1586 of the CCC]

Thanks for that info. I was hoping on 18 or 16.

The case in mind involves my thai son. he is 16 now and lives with me. I am seperated with his mother.

It would be nice if i could register a thai company with my son holding 51% but me as his guardian. Of course I would own the other 49%.

Anyone know if this is possible or some other workaround?