Tourist Visa: Girlfriend Doesn't Know Parent's Details

Hi

I am just in the process of filling in the VAF1 to enable my Girlfriend to visit the UK with me. We have only one question which is difficult to answer and that is details of her parents. She was pretty much abandoned as a child and brought up in a Catholic School here in Thailand. She knows her Dad's name but not DOB but doesn't know her Mum's name or DOB (she has no way of contacting them - even if she wanted to!). Should she simply say that she doesn't know these details or will this cause problems?

This must have happened to someone before so any experiences would be appreciated.

Many thanks

TJTHAI

Hi

I am just in the process of filling in the VAF1 to enable my Girlfriend to visit the UK with me. We have only one question which is difficult to answer and that is details of her parents. She was pretty much abandoned as a child and brought up in a Catholic School here in Thailand. She knows her Dad's name but not DOB but doesn't know her Mum's name or DOB (she has no way of contacting them - even if she wanted to!). Should she simply say that she doesn't know these details or will this cause problems?

This must have happened to someone before so any experiences would be appreciated.

Many thanks

TJTHAI

This has never happened to me but I have made the same application as you are making currently and it would seem simple enough for you to explain that your girlfriend was brought up in a Catholic School - it's not that uncommon here for adult children to not have parents nor to know any of their details.

The parents' details are of no relevance to qualification as a visitor, rather just some more information which the embassy can gather. Complete the details as far as they are known and explain any omissions in a covering letter.

Scouse.

I agree,prepare a letter to accompany the application.

It is far better to be honest ,and the Embassy will take your gf 's candour in to account.

If possible ,include a reference from her employer ,that will give a recent resume of her character.

Good Luck

:o Wiley Coyote