Job Posting Question

Saw this Ad. for Reuters:

Thai Nationality or must be legally able to work in Thailand without the company having to obtain a work permit. Any questions, please give me a call via the number as shown below.

Now I know the "Thai Nationality" part. But how else can one work in Thailand legally without a company first obtaining a work permit or writing a letter stating their intention to hire a candidate?

thanks,

Saw this Ad. for Reuters:

Thai Nationality or must be legally able to work in Thailand without the company having to obtain a work permit. Any questions, please give me a call via the number as shown below.

Now I know the "Thai Nationality" part. But how else can one work in Thailand legally without a company first obtaining a work permit or writing a letter stating their intention to hire a candidate?

thanks,

???? I do not understand!

:o

It's OK I get it now. I guess by the ad saying "without the company having to obtain a work permit" the company will give U a letter stating that they will employ you but the applicate has to get the work permit themselves? Or am I not understanding this?

I guess you could be working for someone else or have your own company and have a work permit and with that work permit I believe you are entitled to work elsewhere also.

No-- Doesnt work like that.

As far as I know each work permit is issued for a spefic job.

I guess you could be working for someone else or have your own company and have a work permit and with that work permit I believe you are entitled to work elsewhere also.

No-- Doesnt work like that.

As far as I know each work permit is issued for a spefic job.

Yes, absolutely correct a work permit refers to a specific job, at a specific company at a specific place

BUT

the answer could be that if you are holding a work permit you could basically work as a freelancer in a supplier/client relationship.

For example paragraph (3) of my company registration reads as follows when translated:

"Be an agent, representative, representative for merchandise in projects and businesses of all kinds except risk insurance, acquiring clients for social security and investment business"

Under these circumstances as decision making and signing Managing Director (that's what my work permit says) of that company I could carry out projects for third party companies but certainly charge for the job by officially issuing invoices under the companies letterhead which certainly means also VAT (7%) and service charge (3%) when the ordering party is located in Thailand or the outcome for the ordering party is in reference for use and/or to have gains within Thailand.

So, eventually doing the job would be 100% legal without being on the payroll of the ordering company = a freelance job under the wing of another company. Guess this is what Reuters had in mind when placing the ad. Have a work permit as a journalist write your story and sell it to them.