Re:guns

Aikido

I recently saw a short topic on guns, so thought id just put my two peneth in as i we do own a gun in Thailand.

back in 2002/3 when i ws two and frowing from Los, me and the wife had just bought a house 15 ks outside patters on a quite estate. the problem was the house was on the outskirts of the estate therefore the security guard didnt come past our house as much as the rest of the estate.

long story short one night whilst i was in blighty someone tried to break in whilst my wife was on her own which realy scared her.

as soon as i returned to Los we went to bangkok and purchased a rather nice sig sauer 9mm, which we still have today.

now you may be or not be aware but a farang cannot own a gun in Los but up untill 2005 a Thai could hence we still have the weapon.

there are a few ranges around and you can go and hire a weapon and ammo ought from a .22 to a 45mm.

I dont for the life of me know why they stopped Thais owning guns cos there are enough illegal weapons out there you only have to read the pattaya news.

anyways thought id just put things straight for those who think they can just buy a gun, anyone would think it was the wild west! :o .

I dont for the life of me know why they stopped Thais owning guns cos there are enough illegal weapons out there you only have to read the pattaya news.

When did they do this, we bought a shotgun a couple of months ago, no problem with the permit.

When did they do this, we bought a shotgun a couple of months ago, no problem with the permit.

Where do you go target practicing with that? :o