Krabi And Hat Yai Hotel Recommendations

sigmondfreed

Hello,

Four of us are going to visit Krabi and Hat Yai for about 4 days each.

I am looking for clean, friendly hotels or guest houses preferably in the 500 to 1500 baht range per night. I can and will spend more, however, if the places are worth it.

Recommendations are greatly appreciated regarding hotels and things to do in those areas within my timeframe.

Thanks!

Oh, I am generally familiar with northern Thailand (yes, I know this is in the south of Thailand) so we are not interested in seeing an elephant show or feeding monkeys, or 'first-time Thailand tourist' sorts of stuff.

Edited by sigmondfreed

You should be able to stay at one of the best hotels in Hat Yai for that budget range. I used to like Lee Gardens Plaza as it had good food, like the original Lee Garden Hotel and it was in that range for Jr Suite rooms. There have been several hotels built since I stayed there five years ago that may be nicer and Central has a store/hotel across from Lee Plaza that may go for that range now. Hotel prices in Hat Yai were always very competitive as they depended on weekend Malaysian/Singapore visitors (Friday/Saturday night) and expect they have not increased.

I suggest you shop around the travel agents in Hat Yai, they offer very good rates for buying hotel vouchers..much more than walk-in...hotel accommadation is not a problem now..

when i stay in hat yai i stay in the j&b hotel ,if its good enough for the queen of thailand its good enough for me 1400b a night good breakfast ,parking and free bus shuttle to town 2 km ,20-30b back in a tuk tuk .