Microsoft Live.com

DaveBKK

Well Microsoft released their Live.com platform officially. Includes a bunch of desktop apps for interfacing with the web (Outlook Express replacement, photo organizer, live writer, etc.) They also opened up registration for @live.com email addresses.

The thing is, it's detecting the region and automatically displaying everything in Thai script to me. I can't seem to see where I can switch it to English. Anyway else having this issue?

Dave

Well Microsoft released their Live.com platform officially. Includes a bunch of desktop apps for interfacing with the web (Outlook Express replacement, photo organizer, live writer, etc.) They also opened up registration for @live.com email addresses.

The thing is, it's detecting the region and automatically displaying everything in Thai script to me. I can't seem to see where I can switch it to English. Anyway else having this issue?

Dave

Dave,

I spent lots of time on same problem a couple weeks back. Essentially two issues are in the way of using the service here in Thailand.

1. It uses IP address to set up the Live options and you are stuck with the Thai language because of that.

2. Not all the Live services are available in Thailand so some of them are not going to work even if you can get past the language problems.

I have no answer after a lot of searching for a solution so have pretty much abandoned any idea of using Live while living in Thailand.

Hi,

I have just signed up for a windows live account and it was the same, in thai, but here is what to do....

sighn up in thai..the 1st line is what username you want then password you want..fill all the * in with anything for now..

once you have signed up..click the 1st one for classic view....once you in the mailbox go to options(its in thai just under neath your usernme) the 12 link fromn the bottom in thai is language in english..click on that then change to english...it will be fine then..

hope this helps

Thanks cdnvic your link sorted the problem out for me..... Back in English at last :o

Just a shame we can't get an @live.com or @live.co.uk email address over here (unless one of you bright chaps has a workaround for that too?) but I can (@)live without.

Edited by miniwai