1 Year Stay With Non O

Hallo my helpful friends,

finaly I got a non O for single entry 90 days. I'm maried with a Thai woman and I'm 43 yo. What documents do I need for 1 year extention. I got different information from different people. I was told that I'll need a criminal record/clearance certificate from my home country (Germany). Is it true that I need to pass a physical examination. If yes, what are they looking for? What kind of tests are they running? Do I have to hold an account with 400,000 or 800,000 THB.

Thanks

Alan

This is my own check list:

Annual Visa List

1. Application form plus photo

2. Passport - copy of all pages used since last visa.

3. Copies of Bank books

4. Letter from Bank certifying amount in account (400,000)

5. Marriage Certificate

6. Wife’s household papers

7. Wife’s id card

8. Bank letter listing foreign exchange plus exchange certs

There are no medical and or criminal record checks.

Your wife must go with you when you apply for the extension as she will be interviewed to assertain that you are really married. Later there will be a visit to your house from Immigration officers to check as well. Good to have the wedding photos ready. :o

Astral - I assume your 'wife's household papers' means the residence registration. This should be for the both of you. (your landlord / compound manager / other should have registered you at current address)

Otherwise I agree with the list.

Not to add more confusion but the question was about "first time" so photos together is also likely to be a request.

In my experience home register/copies was only needed on first visit - unless there is a change they have them in file. Same for marriage certificate.

Also only submitted money transfer documents on first visit - have just used bank book which shows foreign deposits and normal bank letter giving account balance.

Any list we provide can only be considered general in nature as immigration is free to request other documents as they see fit. I have always been asked for income and copy of yearly change status of pension welcomed to prove it. Probably not normally required but adds to your case. My list is:

Copy Wife ID card front and back

Copy Bank Passbook all pages

Copy Passport front, transfer page, entry/extension pages

Copy front of TM-6

Copy pay statement

Letter from bank

Lopburi, I see you day in, day out, patiently answering the same old questions and wonder how you do it? Stay calm and unflustered by the same, sameness of it all?

Anyway, congrats mate, you perform an essential and first rate job and I'm sure many, many people are grateful for your stoic consistency on the visas page. Long may you keep it up! :o:D

Lopburi, I see you day in, day out, patiently answering the same old questions and wonder how you do it? Stay calm and unflustered by the same, sameness of it all?

Anyway, congrats mate, you perform an essential and first rate job and I'm sure many, many people are grateful for your stoic consistency on the visas page. Long may you keep it up! :o:D

Thanks. I have been in the position of not knowing and not having a forum to read so can understand the confusion. Most of us are used to fixed rules so if we don't find them get upset and anxious. Each call is partly rules and partly judgement so we do see the same questions over and over but often the answer has to be changed a bit. But I do not claim to be any expert - but have had to look for many of the answers those posting are now looking for so happy to share what I can.

As I am retired and don't have to worry about making a living have the time. :D

Anyway, congrats mate, you perform an essential and first rate job and I'm sure many, many people are grateful for your stoic consistency on the visas page. Long may you keep it up!  :o:D

Thanks. I have been in the position of not knowing and not having a forum to read so can understand the confusion. Most of us are used to fixed rules so if we don't find them get upset and anxious. Each call is partly rules and partly judgement so we do see the same questions over and over but often the answer has to be changed a bit. But I do not claim to be any expert - but have had to look for many of the answers those posting are now looking for so happy to share what I can.

As I am retired and don't have to worry about making a living have the time. :D

Thanks a lot for all the nice advices. For a newbie it's not easy to get all the required information. You all are very helpfull. I got at net and over here in Germany some different infomations. So it's good to check and double check this. As soon as I'm in Thailand, it'll be expensive to get a missing form or make some stupid mistake. So again a big THANK YOU :D

Astral - I assume your 'wife's household papers' means the residence registration. This should be for the both of you. (your landlord / compound manager / other should have registered you at current address)

Household registration - Tabian Bahn.

The blue book issued by the Amphur for the house where your wife is registered.

You will not be in that book as you are an alien/farang.

Also not necessarily the same as your own registered address with the immigration, if you are living in a rented house!!

In our case we live in our own house and my wife is the registered "head of the household", with the children's names in there as well.

It apparently varies from office to office, as Lopburi thinks you only need this the first time. At my local office it is a full set required every time.

Unless you have a work permit and an income in Thailand it will be best to show foreign exhange certs everytime, then there is no question where the funds came from.

Good luck with the application.

Edited by astral

This is my own check list:

Annual Visa List

3. Copies of Bank books

Does this mean all your and your wifes' bank books from every account you have in Thailand?

I'm looking into emigrating to the LoS on an Non-O support Thai wife/child visa.

I'm weighing if I should go this route and try to find a job later , or get a visa/work permit going before touching ground in the LoS .

You've probably heard this one before - a possible loophole in the rules for deposits from foreign source - goes something like this:

1. Wire transfer in 400,000 baht from a foreign account (in foreign currency about $10,000) .

2. Get your Non Imm O Thai wife/child support extension for a year

2. Have your Thai wife gradually withdraw this amount from this account over the year and deposit this money into her own private bank account in Thailand.

3. At the end of the year, she can wire transfer the money to her/your account outside of Thailand.

4. Go back to step 1 above . Continue until death or until leaving the LoS permanently.

My feeling is they don't have sophisticated systems set up to detect this kind of work around, but I'm just geussing.

Any thoughts or comments on this? Will this work?

If so, then you only really need 400,000 baht($10,000)

(and a trusted wife). :o

Keep in mind that this is just a hypothetical question, I'm not suggesting that anyone do this.