Non O-a Retirement Visa Extension

This is my experience of attending Suan Pluh Bangkok to get my first extension to my Non O-A visa which was issued to me in London. I arrived at Suan Pluh Immigration Offices around 10 a.m. on Thursday morning and was given my ticket which put 16 others ahead of me in the queue. In fact several of those slots were not taken but it still took 90 minutes before my number turned up. Once I was at the desk the whole thing took 10 minutes to complete and I had my extension visa stamped. Then I went to the multiple entry visa counter and there was no queue there so that took another couple of minutes for them to give me a multiple entry visa.

For the Non O-A visa I completed form TM7 1 photo and 1900 baht fee. I obtained two letters from the Bangkok bank. One to show that I had transferred more than 800K from a UK bank and the other giving the balance. Both letters involved a wait of no more than 10 minutes all you need is the bank book and your passport. They charged me 200 baht for the transfer letter and 100 baht for the balance letter. I did try and order the letters several days in advance but they told me no need as they would give me them on the day I wanted them and they are set up for just that with standard letters ready to be filled in.

In addition to form TM7 they require a copy of your passport, the previous visa stamp and your arrival card. There are several shops opposite Suan Pluh office which seem to know the regulations and if you give them your passport or bank book they know exactly what has to be copied without you saying a word. I had not made a copy of my Bangkok bank book but the lady who was dealing with my application sent me across the road where they copied the front page of my bank book followed by the page with the money transfer and the transactions from that date. I was back at the desk within a couple of minutes by which time she had finished putting her stamp on my documents. I was also given one other form while I was at the desk which required me to fill in my name address and sign. I was then told to take my forms across to her supervisor who gave the final approval and advised me to get an entry visa if I wanted to go outside Thailand which I intended doing anyway.

The multiple entry visa was obtained at another counter using form TM8 one photo and fee 3800 baht.

I have obtained all my forms from this site in Word format and filled in all my details so they are now ready for next years application.

One snag I hit as I obtained a new passport about a month ago. When I went to report for my 90 days I took both passports but she would not process my 90 day form TM47 until I had transferred my visa stamps into the new passport. Once again you need a copy of your passport, the arrival card and the previous visa stamp. They also give you another form to fill in and then you get a ticket for the “LOST PASSPORT” counter for some reason. They do not charge any fee for that service. It took about 10 or 15 minutes so it was all done very efficiently.

I would like to thank some of the members on this forum for the advice that helped me a great deal and also for the Word format forms provide on this forum especially TM47 which I use on a regular basis for my 90 day reporting and forms TM7 and TM8.

I hope this information may prove useful to others.