Pedophiles

farang prince

I'm very disappointed that the thread on the release of a Canadian pedophile from jail on a $5,000 bond was closed. This is an important topic and the disdain shown by the Canadian courts to a very emotional issue here in Thailand is one that deserves a full discussion. Could you please explain why both threads (in two different forums) were closed? Thank you.

The primary topic can be found here > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...151101&st=0

Policy has been made (admin/mods) to not allow open discussion on pedophilia due to nearly all past topics of this nature becoming a flame fest and a moderator's nightmare to maintain order in them. The above topic is still indirectly open in that if members have 'new' information on the subject to use the Report function to inform the mods. If appropriate, it will then be added to the above topic.

Thanks for understanding.

Tywais and the moderating team.

The primary topic can be found here > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...151101&st=0

Policy has been made (admin/mods) to not allow open discussion on pedophilia due to nearly all past topics of this nature becoming a flame fest and a moderator's nightmare to maintain order in them. The above topic is still indirectly open in that if members have 'new' information on the subject to use the Report function to inform the mods. If appropriate, it will then be added to the above topic.

Thanks for understanding.

Tywais and the moderating team.

Thank you for your timely response Tywais. However, this latest news from Canada is an outrage and I honestly think it needs a complete airing on Thai Visa. You created a thread about Interpol trying to find this individual. And I think it is only fair that you allow further discussion on the decision by the Canadian courts to allow this suspect to be released on a ridiculously low bond. In essence, the Canadian courts are saying that the ravaging of Cambodian and Thai youngsters is worth $1,000. If this happened in Canada, I can guarantee you that the suspect would be held without bond. I honestly think this is an important topic because it goes to the heart of how Thailand is perceived in other parts of the world. Please convince me otherwise.

I'm afraid the question here is not whether the topic is important or not. As Tywais explained, we have a policy of posting news regarding Thai-related pedophile arrests, etc. Then we close them to discussion because they inevitably turn into ugly flamefests. No topic is more likely to inflame strong opinions and disengage rational discourse. Unfortunately, many of these strongly-held opinions step over the lines of forum rules when they are expressed. Our past experience has led to this policy. As we also have a policy restricting discussion of forum rules, I'm also afraid that we won't be having further public debate on this issue, so I am closing this thread. Feel free to PM a moderator if you have any other related questions.